Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

its a phenomenon that i have a hard time understanding. i can relate to the desire to rage quit life. i get it. but not the need to take a bunch of other people out with you. thats the worst of the worst of human impulses. completely and utterly destructive ultra-selfish mega-tantrum
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

^echoes my feelings

i can completely understand suicide, though the desire to take anyone else with you against their respective wills is one bereft of any humanity, really.

the pictures and information from his friends about him makes it even less understandable.

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

It's crazy how much someone can be a complete and utter mystery to the people that claim to know him or her. I find that the remembrances and acknowledgments of friends and colleagues regarding someone who commits an act like this almost never add mystery to a situation because it's always the same thing: an event out of the blue that no one sees coming. The whole situation is beyond sad, and even if he was the nicest person in the world, this terrible act was burning inside of him and I feel bad for anyone trying to hold on to any decent memory of him as he is a terrible person. I just hope that we don't have to witness another attack on others like this any time soon. Very very sad.
        Originally posted by Faust
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• malaesthetique
          • Mar 2009

Just shook Crispin Glover's hand while he was waiting in line for a Jamba Juice here in Honolulu.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

john wayne gacy shaking hands with first lady of the united states rosalynn carter

*unrelated to previous post
            Last edited by cjbreed; 03-30-2015, 03:27 PM.
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

I thought this was funny: spurious correlations

Comment

• zen dog
                • Jan 2014

^ Really enjoyed that,galia. Funny and a good reminder that, in the quest to find relationships between events, a good deal of vigor must be applied beyond two things occurring at the same time. Autism/vaccinations anyone?

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

and they say there's no such thing as coincidence...

Comment

• deltapie
                    • Feb 2014

well.. at least he didn't author it himself..

http://bookofyeezus.com/
                    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

I hate train companies. I hate public companies in general. All so arrogant.
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        Wait, do you mean "publicly held companies" (as opposed to privately owned), or "government-owned companies"?

We have private-contractors running the trains here, so ticket-inspectors have quotas of fines to hand out, and use force If you try to escape. Basically we get harassed by mercenary corporate pseudo-cops. Absolute filth. Nothing worse than policing for profit.
                        Sorry, I didn't know that the meaning of "public company" was different in english, I was talking about "government-owned companies". Like the Swiss Federal Railways or the Swiss Post. Yes, if those companies are owned by private-contractors, you will face this kind of issues. But it doesn't mean that we don't face it here. The main issue with having those companies owned by the government is that they have a monopoly position. They raise their prices like crazy whenever they feel like it. They have their quotas of fines just the same.
                        And when they fuck up, like they did for me this morning canceling my train to Milano, they don't bother explaining or assuming - you don't have any other option anyway. So here I am, buying another ticket to Milano, and another one to Firenze because I'll miss the one I was supposed to take.
                        The "no-explanation" part is what truly angers me. I mean, come on, how much does it cost (as cost is probably their only criterium) to announce to passengers what they have to do / where they have to go.

Edit: feel free to ignore me, all this feels very grumpy :)
                        Last edited by bukka; 04-09-2015, 03:11 AM.
                        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

The MTA in NYC pretty much sucks too. I think a lot of us are with you on this, bukka
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• malaesthetique
                            • Mar 2009

Bought some selvage drkshdw detroits on my habit a couple weeks ago. Didn't get to trying them on immediately but after a while I finally did, decided they might be a bit too tight and no size up available. Went to process the return, but since then the item was marked down and now listed as non-returnable. At the time of purchase they were returnable, so I called in to ask for my return authorization.

She said since its no longer returnable they were just going to credit me back the full amount ($200 +) and asked that I just "donate" the jeans.

Comment

• yay
                              • Sep 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3YGtQ40Qvs how is this even real, it's like a more extreme version of a paul verhoeven commercial

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Trapped inside a Tom Waits song
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎