• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    i noticed that too.

in a similar vein, from diego's film post - "jackson's braindead". yip.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

2-d lovers: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/ma...ef=global-home

this is fanaticism to make me blush
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

merce cunningham bites the dust. oddly enough, this is the first time i've ever noticed he and john cage were partners.

not that i know anything of dance, but cunningham was the only name i knew of (and probably more because of his collaborations with other artists) and so i assume he's the closest thing to a household name that dance had.

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

BRING THOMAS BACK

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

/\ BRILLIANT!
            the guy is so far out of his tree,he is in the next forest...but i admire him for it...top loon!
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

101 Salad Recipes for Summer - most emailed article on NYT for the entire fucking week.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                Jesus! Just shoot me now. I don't need to see anymore!
                "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

15 secs into the video I feel like introducing my fist to the screen
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Thats the beauty of the Buckler.
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Man, stop harping on it. It was more than that. It was a drive-by of senseless tirades aimed at a bunch of people. He has never posted in designers and collections, only in WAYWT (granted he made two things) - this is not in line with the forum's direction, you know it.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

not to nit pick but the correct phrase is "stop harping on about it".

You do have a fair point Faust but he,in his own strange way contributed a lot more than others, in the short time he was on here.
                        Its your kingdom,your domain so on and so forth,but a little bit of a left field character never hurt anybody.

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

mike is that left field or left forrest ;)

his biggest offence was being a noob violating the established heirarchy, which i have no problems with mike being highly respected by others but that doesn't mean the whole do not speak unless spoken to thing.
                          you threw him out before he had much of a chance to make any sort of a contribution. yeah, maybe it wasn't in line with the forum's direction, but there's exactly one person who gets to define it and were all well aware of this.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by merz
                            aw, a. if i recall correctly, the reason this guy got banned was because he, in all of his off-the-wall glory, gave you a bit of (richly undeserved..) sartorial criticism.

i still miss him though - the man has a lot of personality and is quite good at putting stuff together that is closer to yourself than j-p mattei or e glennie. to think we threw someone like that out at the first opportunity because he said something silly about your choice of wardrobe is really fucking lamentable.
                            he made some remark about an outfit of mine as he did of many others', I barely recall it being quite pointless but certainly not anything that would've upset me. now to think that he was banned for a single slightly negative comment is lamentable, if anything. he was simply very annoying, and I think many agreed. if I remember correctly he was told a few times to tone it down, but he kept making these series of annoying posts.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

He was entertaining in the sense that he was extremely annoying.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Seventh
                                • Dec 2006

No idea where to post this (Randomness or Small Questions seem closest).

I know quite a few members here are in the arts or design. Can anyone recommend a place in or around NYC that does high quality mounting (on aluminium) and archival lamination of photographs?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎