• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Serious WTF

Anny Leibovitz is broke?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

“Annie is not an expensive liver herself.."

lolwut.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I think they are filming the sequel to Seven in my building. Turns out the guy who lives right above me died. But not only the asshole died, he barricaded himself in, and now the cops are extracting the rotting corpse and a floor to ceiling pile of garbage in the apartment. I think I could get a discount if I move in, hmm...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I think they are filming the sequel to Seven in my building. Turns out the guy who lives right above me died. But not only the asshole died, he barricaded himself in, and now the cops are extracting the rotting corpse and a floor to ceiling pile of garbage in the apartment. I think I could get a discount if I move in, hmm...
          Fuck the Royalton, when I come to NYC I wan'a stay at your's!!!
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

You are welcome. I have a spare bedroom. It's in the ghetto though, 40 min. from the city and nothing but great russian and turkish food and hot chicks that imitate italian women that imitate expensive hookers, and 10 min. from the dirty beach where hobos with minesweepers hunt for lost jewelry - not your cup of tea i'm sure.

The cops had to break the door apart with axes. Good times.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

merci, already forwarded to a certain young lady who shares my passion for "bl". you are welcome to stay here as well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                • Jul 2009

You are welcome. I have a spare bedroom. It's in the ghetto though, 40 min. from the city and nothing but great russian and turkish food and hot chicks that imitate italian women that imitate expensive hookers, and 10 min. from the dirty beach where hobos with minesweepers hunt for lost jewelry - not your cup of tea i'm sure.

The cops had to break the door apart with axes. Good times.

It sounds perfect! hobo heaven!!!
                "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

faust i need some restaurant recommendations

on another note i just got a pair of nike dri-fit socks (no that's not my photo below) and i swear the construction and amount of thought/r&d that went into making them is stupendous. there are areas where the weave is loose alternating with tight, inlaid fabrics in different patterns, anatomical seams, etc. regarding these and other pieces of sport-specific sportswear made me realize that there is a whole arena of clothing where the little details that we bestow hossanas upon are taken totally for granted. i urge everyone to go to their local high-end sporting goods shop (paragon in nyc) and nerd out.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ For sure. That's why I always admire 1) ski and other outdoor gear 2) C.P.Company/SI. I always draw parallels between these and high fashion. To me design is just a thoughtful execution of a concept. I once stumped my Parsons students by simply asking them what they understand design to be (we were talking about "designer clothing") - they were really struggling to come up with an answer. After I gave them my answer, I got a lot of "I just had a complete mind shift" responses.

p.s. hobo, your avatar is hilarious.
                    Last edited by Faust; 08-03-2009, 07:22 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      faust i need some restaurant recommendations

on another note i just got a pair of nike dri-fit socks (no that's not my photo below) and i swear the construction and amount of thought/r&d that went into making them is stupendous. there are areas where the weave is loose alternating with tight, inlaid fabrics in different patterns, anatomical seams, etc. regarding these and other pieces of sport-specific sportswear made me realize that there is a whole arena of clothing where the little details that we bestow hossanas upon are taken totally for granted. i urge everyone to go to their local high-end sporting goods shop (paragon in nyc) and nerd out.

Oh, definitely. Just off the top of my head, I've got bike shorts where every panel is of a different type of material based on the location on the leg. Seams are of different types dependent on stress at that location and how much flesh a seam would rub off. I also have a pair of wool "taped" seam "city-riding" bike knickers with immaculate, sophisticated construction (think they were super expensive, like $120?) This is pretty normal in sports wear. Pick up a high-end jacket, jersey, pair of shoes, or anything else, and you see some serious engineering going into pieces. A lot of the things at the upper end of most sport-specific garments are really amazing pieces of work. Arctyerix (spelling) has long done some seriously crazy stuff with their jackets.

Reminds me a bit of Zamb's post from a while back about how he uses sonic (taped) seams on all sorts of military gear. I think that, often, the primary innovation in some of the clothes we are enthralled by is that they took technical clothing construction and put it into non-technical clothing with wonderful cuts and fabric.

On another random note, I'm having buyer's remorse. Turned down a lucrative job to finish schooling. I would like to not be poor for once, and I have no patience. But my research is just so cool, I couldn't say no.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

USD is getting shafted again. Meanwhile Wall St. is making billions while the rest of the country suffers. Obama stays put watching this. I am starting to feel like I did back in 00, that voting is not worth the effort. I would rather not participate in this political system.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cabl3
                          • Dec 2008

I've made a plan to be debt free by october...lets see if I have the willpower to keep my purchases to a minimum from now till then. Curse you Cdiem and your tempting footwear!
                          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                          - Wilde

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

USD is getting shafted again. Meanwhile Wall St. is making billions while the rest of the country suffers. Obama stays put watching this. I am starting to feel like I did back in 00, that voting is not worth the effort. I would rather not participate in this political system.
                            USD's issues are really Bernanke's business, so we shouldn't hold Obama responsible. As for Wall Street, well, the companies were making money before and no one had a problem. They had to bounce back sometime. And they give the government lots in taxes, so...
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I wasn't blaming Obama for the USD. And these banks have off shore tax havens, they are paying a fraction in taxes of what they should be paying. Before the companies weren't bailed out by our money, nor was the economic situation that bad. The divide between the rich and the poor is widening in this country and the middle class is slowly being eroded.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Right on all counts. Banks that haven't received gov funding should be free to rake in as much as they want. But of course, the recipients are the big banks (I don't count BoA, as its situation is different due to Merrill Lynch). Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Citi does about this $100 million bonus on Thursday.

I don't think the banks have too much to do with the increasing trench between rich and poor. I think it's just the nature of things in the US. If banking weren't a big hit, the tendency would just manifest itself elsewhere. My comments are quite limited, however, as my experience here has been almost exclusively in higher education, where one really only sees one side of the picture.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎