X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

I know J, that shit is the lowest no?

Oh well... I just had some tea and tonight I have yoga so everything will be alright, hope they at least take some nice photos with it.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Sorry to hear that, Diego. :-(
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

AWESOME

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

Just got an invite to some connection network called LinkedId by a gentleman from Danmark called René Jørgensen who ripped me off for $720 two years ago.

How fucking rude.

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
            I'm so bummed, I just bought a cute house plant and the stupid heat all but killed it in ONE day. It may yet survive, but I'm a bit sad and don't really know what to do to help it except bathe it which I already did :(

Update : I'm happy to report that the plant seems in better form, the stems of the flowers are mostly upright again. I think it's going to make it
            although, in this suffocating weather, I might not
            Galia, if the stems start to wilt it means that there is not enough water in them to hold them up right. Obviously you need to be careful not to over water so just keep adding a little and leaving it for a few hours.

Originally posted by bestial View Post
            Just got an invite to some connection network called LinkedId by a gentleman from Danmark called René Jørgensen who ripped me off for $720 two years ago.

How fucking rude.
            Join the network and then tell everyone on it. That should work!
            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by hobo View Post
              Galia, if the stems start to wilt it means that there is not enough water in them to hold them up right. Obviously you need to be careful not to over water so just keep adding a little and leaving it for a few hours.

Join the network and then tell everyone on it. That should work!
              will probably do that.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

Thank you hobo, that's what I did. the stems aren't as straight as they were, but only 3-4 flowers actually died. fortunately, the weather is cooler, so me and my plant are more comfortable

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                  • Nov 2008

goddamn communist.

Originally posted by merz
                  Не стало Сергея Михалкова.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

yeah, you and the president both.

i intentionally skipped the teenage jesus show - that band had a real profound effect on my life, didn't want to see em. but then everyone I know went and said it was fucking amazing. oh well, next time.

Originally posted by merz
                    we're everywhere!

also, i guess teenage jesus is playing here soon. not sure how well something like that will survive a US tour, but i'm keep my fingers crossed. you should try to make it out when they play nyc again..

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

The simple meticulous planning is bone chilling ...

More pics here

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
                        The simple meticulous planning is bone chilling ...

More pics here
                        the never ending problem of humankinds propensity for evil
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Maybe Merz or someone similarly qualified can answer this:
                          In translated books, why does the translation notice always read "translated from the language"? For example, why does the translation notice say The Idiot is translated from the Russian instead of simply translated from Russian?
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Hm, I'll have to find out from one of my professors. I'd like to think there's a logical explanation.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              Maybe Merz or someone similarly qualified can answer this:
                              In translated books, why does the translation notice always read "translated from the language"? For example, why does the translation notice say The Idiot is translated from the Russian instead of simply translated from Russian?
                              I believe "the" acts as a qualifier to denote language, thus abrogating the use of the word "language". Though not common in the english language, I know it is used in several tongues. I am by no means "qualified", but predicate as much from the deduction above.
                              Last edited by DHC; 08-30-2009, 06:52 AM.
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

Thanks for chiming in DHC. I know in this particular case the definite article is used in many other languages, but its use there is grammatically correct. It seems to me that its use in English is grammatically incorrect (proper nouns in English aren't usually preceded by the definite article). But since this is frequent in translated books where grammar would be top priority, the reasoning I'm using must be incorrect, or rather it stands to reason that it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎