• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fantasy Football draft in one hour
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Why real life trumps literature in so many ways. A text from an unfamiliar UK number I just received:

"Are you Ok? Please ring me and tell me you are safe. I just saw a special needs bus flip over and I know you don't like to wear your helmet because you can't lick the windows."
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

^Funny. Put it on "Texts from last night". On a similar note, yesterday afternoon I got a voice message from a very angry man who thought I was someone named Betty. He wanted Betty to visit him, but was concerned that she would get conjunctivitis.

Also, last night I got a call from a drunk girl who hung up on me after asking my name. I also get random calls from Hispanic telemarketers. I need a new number.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

OMG. Holy Gray on the bay. Fuck.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
            • Sep 2009

can someone explain the appeal of balmain. am surprised by some shops that are carrying it — surprised in that they should know better.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
              can someone explain the appeal of balmain. am surprised by some shops that are carrying it — surprised in that they should know better.
              two words,
              Emmanuelle Alt.................
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• almroth
                • Jul 2008

haha. when I read balmain, I think of random photos of her walking with one of those heinous balmain jackets in paris looking happy. spot on zamb.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                  It's the new level of conspicuous consumption. It is no longer adequate to show off that you are a member of the liesure class by paying a lot of money for quality garments. Today you need to spend an exorbitant amount on pure trash. That's where balmain comes in.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

ballin, mayne
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Paris is big, my trackingstatus on a package at fedex webpage has been "Departed FedEx location" for 3 days now. takes hella long time to get out of Paris. :)

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

I started Japanese last week. I wanted to learn a new language and it seemed interesting. But there are so many linguistic loans from English I feel like I'm butchering my own language. Computer = "konpyuutaa", Australia = "Oosutoraria". As if that's not bad enough, today the professor told us to pronounce the name Smith as "Smis" because Japanese doesn't have the -th- sound. Why should I deliberately mispronounce a common name in English just because one of the sounds doesn't exist in Japanese?

Get over the linguistic loans and apparent juvenility of Japanese, or drop it and take something else?
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

I'm trying to learn it too, by myself. You should stick to it : it sounds beautifully, and the way it works is rather exciting to observe.
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• cabl3
                            • Dec 2008

For what it's worth, you'll probably be doing more "butchering" of the Japanese language than anything as Im assuming your chances to actually use it will not be that common?

I think you should keep at it, then learn another language as well. The more languages you speak the greater your advantage...in...things.
                            "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                            - Wilde

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I must learn French. MUST.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Squeek
                                • Jun 2009

No one says "konpyuutaa." Pasokon is used more often, short for "personal computer" or "paasonaru konpyuutaa"

Japanese is highly efficient in the way it is spoken despite the lack of certain sounds. English words can be pronounced a myriad of ways when you look at a single word, but usually only one of the ways is correct. Japanese has only one pronunciation, so if you see something new, it is always simple to read.

Think about the word "laugh" in English, and imagine trying to read that on your first English speaking attempt.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I must learn French. MUST.
                                This is high on my list...along with Hindi or Russian. Or I can improve my Mandarin.
                                もう日本語だけでいいや・・・

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎