Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • profondo nero
    • Aug 2012

Riff Raff?? Rick Ross??! Drake??!? You must have mistaken this thread for a fucking cornball contest. Please save that shit for your facebooks and get the fuck out.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by profondo nero View Post
      Riff Raff?? Rick Ross??! Drake??!? You must have mistaken this thread for a fucking cornball contest. Please save that shit for your facebooks and get the fuck out.
      Started from the bottom, now we here... still at the bottom.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• apathy!
        • Jan 2014

lose the rockism (rappism?) bullshit. Didn't you just post lonely island in the music thread???

There may be more elements/facets to music than you think.

Comment

• profondo nero
          • Aug 2012

Don't get me started...

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

I don't mind at all if you don't enjoy Drake, It's this idea of "real hip hop" that pisses me off.

I was a little aggressive in my post sorry. I just get pissed off at all these "rap fans" who endlessly praise the low end theory/illmatic/36 chambers etc and idiotically criticise anything new.

Comment

• eleves
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
              I don't mind at all if you don't enjoy Drake, It's this idea of "real hip hop" that pisses me off.

I was a little aggressive in my post sorry. I just get pissed off at all these "rap fans" who endlessly praise the low end theory/illmatic/36 chambers etc and idiotically criticise anything new.
              Lol I LOVE Riff Raff and Lil B. I find their music very genuine, much more so than many other artists. Sometimes people have to just stop looking for deep messages or Homeric storytelling. If you can enjoy it, then why not listen to it? I like a song or two by Drake, do I think he's a great artist? Not at all but he's doing something right. The great albums of hip hop history are definitely held on the highest of pedestals and rightfully so, they are that great. It does suck though when people count out everything else because they have to weigh it against those classics. Majority of the hip hop heads of the world will hate on guys like Lil B but you better believe whenever he has a show in NY, I'm there. With that being said, I just listened to Pharoahe Monch's new album and 2Chainz's new EP and I love both of them. Don't get me wrong though, there are some terrible artists out there, music is straight trash and they're not even funny. AHEM FRENCH MONTANA I'M LOOKING AT YOU
              Originally posted by Faust
              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• apathy!
                • Jan 2014

not quite sure what you're saying. Respect for lil b though .

I mean it's fair enough. There are obviously some classics in this genre as with any other (including the albums i mentioned). BUT, there are lots of people who listen to something like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and complain that hip hop is dead and that 2pac is the the greatest artist to ever have lived. These people have no taste, they're just clinging to something.

Hip hop is in a golden age imo

Comment

• deltapie
                  • Feb 2014

can a mod change the title of the thread to Non-Cornball Rap? because apparently that's an issue that will lead to a long pointless discussion about these vague notions of what "real hip hop" is without it.

"Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

not quite sure what you're saying. Respect for lil b though .

I mean it's fair enough. There are obviously some classics in this genre as with any other (including the albums i mentioned). BUT, there are lots of people who listen to something like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and complain that hip hop is dead and that 2pac is the the greatest artist to ever have lived. These people have no taste, they're just clinging to something.

Hip hop is in a golden age imo
                    Basically, I'm just saying that I don't hate just because. I'll listen to anything that's good, even if it's coming from a source that people generally write off as garbage. I'm not a huge Tupac fan so I feel you on that. I definitely respect him and he has some good music but I don't think he's the best ever. You're absolutely right about the clinging, it holds people back from hearing what this generation has to say. Do you like MBDTF? I think it's actually my 2nd favorite Kanye album after The College Dropout and his strongest recent showing as I didn't really like Yeezus. Always respect the based god though. #tybg
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Picasso
                      • Jul 2013

I'm gonna start posting young thugger, just for the reactions.

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                        can a mod change the title of the thread to Non-Cornball Rap? because apparently that's an issue that will lead to a long pointless discussion about these vague notions of what "real hip hop" is without it.

What's "corn-ball rap"?

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                        Basically, I'm just saying that I don't hate just because. I'll listen to anything that's good, even if it's coming from a source that people generally write off as garbage. I'm not a huge Tupac fan so I feel you on that. I definitely respect him and he has some good music but I don't think he's the best ever. You're absolutely right about the clinging, it holds people back from hearing what this generation has to say. Do you like MBDTF? I think it's actually my 2nd favorite Kanye album after The College Dropout and his strongest recent showing as I didn't really like Yeezus. Always respect the based god though. #tybg

Alright cool. Yeah It's definitely my favourite kanye album. I thought yeezus was very good too but some of the lyrics were distractingly awful and I wish he'd made the contributing producers do their own thing more seeing as it was a fairly incongruent album anyway.

anyway, back to dumping youtube:

ps: I would love to go to a lil b show it looks fun

Comment

• profondo nero
                          • Aug 2012

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

ps: I would love to go to a lil b show it looks fun
                            They are super fun! I've been to 3 so far. He interacts with everyone a lot and they tend to be smaller than most concerts, so a lot more intimate. Another cool thing that he does is when the show is over, he stays back to meet every single person in the audience!

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                              • Sep 2013

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

recently discovered this video from oakland legend seagram. this is an extended version of the track. r.i.p.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎