Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

best coffee i've had in LA is Demitasse in little tokyo, they also make an insane hot chocolate w/ a giantic single 1/4 brick of marshmellow that they toast w/ a small flame thrower. no joke
    the best thing they have there is actual this Kyoto Ice Coffee that's brewed cold thru what looks like a mad scientist set of tubes, it'd be hard to beat this ice coffee anywhere i think.
    A Specialty Coffee Microroaster committed to waste elimination.

I used to really like Intelligencia but the All Saints vibe starting getting on my nerves, everytime i go there it's like everyone that works there is in the AS fall catalog.

Comment

• fncyths
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
      I used to really like Intelligencia but the All Saints vibe starting getting on my nerves, everytime i go there it's like everyone that works there is in the AS fall catalog.
      there's always LAMILL my friend, I always seem to fall in love with the waitresses there...
      Originally posted by Shucks
      it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• DJ ANDREW LONDON
        • Mar 2013

why

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Friends don't let friends drink starbucks
        donno why so? still the best 4 me... tried all others - but this one is really easy goin =)
        You can fool the fans but not the
        players.

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

it's just not really great coffee. they make some neat caffeinated hyper-sugar&cream drinks though. if that's your thing!
          most of their regular roasts are to me just too dark as well.

Comment

• Magic1
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
            there's always LAMILL my friend, I always seem to fall in love with the waitresses there...
            Yes......

Plus, it's actually a comfortable place to sit, as oppose to so many others that clearly want to make you as uncomfortable as possible to get you out.

Comment

• kamsky
              • Jan 2007

LA coffee shops that I'd recommend:

G&B / Go Get 'Em Tiger
              Café Dulcé
              Cognoscenti Coffee

Comment

• Dorje
                • Oct 2013

These guys are ~10 min from me. Well worth an order, they are the best I've had. The Sumatra is amazing.

Comment

• collecting_items
                  • Oct 2014

THE BARN

In Berlin there are a couples of small brewery and my Favorite is THE BARN. Made by an american guy who lives here. When you come around here just visit the store and grab one of the fantastic flavour for home....

Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
                  bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• Yuriii
                    • Dec 2012

The best spot in Los Angeles is located in the South Bay - Two Guns Espresso. It's been open 2-3 years. New Zealand style cafe that serves a great flat white.

I use their beans to make espresso at home but the Strauss Barista Milk (that, for all intents and purposes, is half-and-half) they use gives their drinks that extra rich, fatty milk flavor.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Have any of you New Yorkers tried the Bluestone Lane? I'm curious but somehow never find myself there (though maybe I will tomorrow!). It's an offshoot of an Australian joint and I know Aussies take their coffee seriously.

Australian-inspired coffee, cafe & lifestyle brand providing a genuine daily escape for all our locals through premium coffee and delicious healthy eats.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Yuriii
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Have any of you New Yorkers tried the Bluestone Lane? I'm curious but somehow never find myself there (though maybe I will tomorrow!). It's an offshoot of an Australian joint and I know Aussies take their coffee seriously.

http://www.bluestonelaneny.com/
                        I've just moved to NYC so I've only been to a handful of places for coffee but Bluestone was by far my favorite.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

anyone tried "fairweather" in bushwick? is their turkish coffee worth seeking out?
                          Last edited by gregor; 12-24-2014, 12:33 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Yuriii
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Yuriii View Post
                            I've just moved to NYC so I've only been to a handful of places for coffee but Bluestone was by far my favorite.
                            After more time in NYC I've got to revise this. Everyman Espresso is the best coffee in the city.

They use awesome beans from Counter Culture Coffee. At their soho location, for espresso drinks, you are given you the option of the "Hologram" blend or a rotating selection of single origin coffee from CCC. Their baristas are top-notch - super detail oriented in their work.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Yuriii View Post
                              After more time in NYC I've got to revise this. Everyman Espresso is the best coffee in the city.

They use awesome beans from Counter Culture Coffee. At their soho location, for espresso drinks, you are given you the option of the "Hologram" blend or a rotating selection of single origin coffee from CCC. Their baristas are top-notch - super detail oriented in their work.
                              Funny, cause I think it's one of the worst I've had - both at the soho and east village locations.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Looking to buy some coffee beans or ground coffee for a chemex. I don't drink coffee so I have no idea but does anyone know where I can get some great beans in NYC, preferably downtown/LES area?
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎