Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

goodbye horses: best synergy btw soundtrack + film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • profondo nero
    • Aug 2012

Comment

• profondo nero
      • Aug 2012

Comment

• profondo nero
        • Aug 2012

Tangerine Dream/Fabio Frizzi

Comment

• profondo nero
          • Aug 2012

Comment

• profondo nero
            • Aug 2012

Comment

• sebastian
              • Feb 2009

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Depeche Mode, I Feel You, opening scene of Head On, a highly underrated film.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• profondo nero
                  • Aug 2012

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

SUMMER LOVERS

Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• profondo nero
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by G3RSt

Shirley Manson, not Marilyn Manson, leading the band Garbage, drawls out a story suitable for Naomi Watts character in the second half of Mulholland Drive, while a Marilyn Manson contribution to the Lost Highway soundtrack, "I Put a Spell on You," penned by Screamin Jay Hawkins and appropriately trance-inducing, might seem the perfect complement to the tone and bewildering existentialism of either Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive, although its pulsing, driving tone really only fits one of them, not Mulholland Drive, while this, the track were concerned with, clearly suits Lost Highway and its regard of the monotony of the road of existence, its relentless reach stretching out to the horizon and beyond, rendering all of us dumb animals in the face of our own long mortality, the circularity of life and death and the never-ending cycles, cycles of perception and intent and soul-dropping despair, continuing, on and on, a story forever drawling out its next line, never quite completing, never slowing, never ceasing, never...

Originally posted by Wax Audio

It's 10:10 A.M. on February 16th.
                      Dick Laurent is dead.

Om is a sacred syllable in the Buddhist and Hindu religions. It is the first syllable in the Buddhist om mani padme hum mantra, in which, it is said, all the teachings of the Buddha are contained. The syllable is written in honey on the tongues of children when they are born, the infants eating of the Buddha's teaching. Meditation as sustenance.

Satori is a Buddhist term for a lasting state of enlightenment. Meditation is one of the disciplines by which one attempts to transform the mind and reach satori. In satori, one achieves freedom from (or oblivion to) the external world and its desires.

Tori Amos may or may not be an anagram of satori om, but it's a certainty that David Lynch is a firm believer in the practice of Transcendental Meditation.

Phillip Jeffries is an FBI Special Agent who disappears from a hotel in Brazil only to appear moments later in the elevator of the Bureau's Philadelphia office. Seeing Special Agent Dale Cooper as he is ("Who do you think this is, there?"), he confronts Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole with the knowledge. His words are deranged, unconnected, and he finally calls out, "I found something . . . and then, there they were." With that, he disappears: again in the wrong place, and his voice applied to the wrong film.

From the album Mashed in Plastic.

Comment

• profondo nero
                        • Aug 2012

Comment

• profondo nero
                          • Aug 2012

GET READY TO FUCK

Comment

• profondo nero
                            • Aug 2012

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Depeche Mode, I Feel You, opening scene of Head On, a highly underrated film.

I FEEL YOU
                              brilliant

PUNKS NOT DEAD

Head On (Fatih Akin) — Temple Of Love (Sisters of Mercy)

by the way, I’d say every Fatih Akin film is this good. Kurz und Schmerzlos, Soul Kitchen, Auf der anderen Seite. All fucking good.
                              But, imho, Im Juli is the best one. It’s like Tequila Sunrise on Hash. And when they were filming in Romania and had no permission, he just took stills and put them in the movie as a psychedelic slideshow.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                                • Jan 2011

i must bump this with how Isolée, a Hamburg based DJ/producer, sampled and remixed (i am not familiar with the right vocabulary here) an entire score out of Gravenhurst.
                                Ein Freund von mir is a highly underrated and beautiful film.

sorry, this is almost too cheesy, but do you guys remember when they took NINs very best instrumental from Fragile for 300s trailer (a traumatizing experience)?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎