Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I prefer to use darker colours on a single wall in a room rather than all sides. for example a light or dark grey wall looks pretty nice next to two white walls.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 951SoCal
      • May 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      I prefer to use darker colours on a single wall in a room rather than all sides. for example a light or dark grey wall looks pretty nice next to two white walls.
      my stucco castle here in socal is this light tan color, whati did was paint the far wall when you walk into the home the same color, once i did that the home seems more inviting / much larger.

i say do it but nothing too dark. like black will kill the effect you're going for

Comment

• mike
        • Dec 2006

so who's gonna be the first to post some rick furniture?

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
          A converted loft in the YMCA bldg in NYC
          ugh, that's cindy gallops place. being chairmwoman of bbh sure can buy a lot of crap..

eg, gucci chainsaw..

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Wow, swami, that's one seriously distasteful apartment. Jeebus.
            The old adage holds true no Money cant buy taste???
            But seriously the layout for a space that big for something open plan is really hard to achieve , Its pretty well executed here , The bathroom , bedroom kitchen etc are all open to the space , Perfect for parties ! Just never have kids

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Sorry. Forgot to reply.

Originally posted by whitney View Post
              those wooden (doors? not sure maybe cabinet) in the last pic looks awesome..did you or your dad carve and assembled it or did it come with the house already?
              The wooden doors lead to the bed room (and green room when concert). The space was completely empty when we bought the building with our actual neighbours. Everything had to be done, from ground to ceiling : no walls, no floor, no bathroom, no kitceh, nothing. Only water and electricty at the entry of the space.
              We had bought the doors (they're from an old indian palace) some time before we started to build the place. I choose the place where to put them and the back window of the bedroom as well to have a see though view, means that when you enter the flat you can see through the space till the back window of our place.

I've been told that the huge nails on the doors are made to secure them againt elephant's attacks, since they would be hurt if they tried to break through.

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              Christian, I am quite amazed how you have managed to turn a place that could have been made a minimalist Habitat showroom for professional couples with no effort into something that feels like it has existed and been lived in for a while (with a lot of effort I suppose). Very different from how I live, but still magnifique.
              Yes, 9+3 months (9 months before moving in, and again 3 months to finish) of almost everyday work. Was a very interesting - and exhausting - time.
              If I had bought the place ten years earlier, it would have been indeed filled with minimalist/contemporary designer's stuff. I still like clean engineered design, but love much more all this pieces that have an history, and that are carrying the marks of time.

Originally posted by comedyzen
              Wow....the tile inlay at the odd angle in the wood floor must have been fun to put in.
              One of the consequences of my wife's state of mind on my life : I was a very classic mind, and she stages everything slanted (furniture, carpet, etc.). I did two inlays. The first one was parallel to the wooden floorboards, and I was in a hurry, since I had to finish roughly the place for it's anticipated opening evening (indian concert of the musician I'm a disciple of). She said : "The second tile inlay should not be symetrical". "Wtf, it'll be harder, and longer to do, and the concert is already on saturday !". "I don't care". "Ok, I'll do it."

Symetrical

Asymetrical

When I designed the unbalanced cross on Damir's mirror, she said that I wouldn't never had this idea if I had not met her, and she was true.
              Last edited by Chant; 05-20-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

Christian you are a cool guy
                WTB: This

Comment

• red120
                  • May 2010

Wow.. the second inlay is beautiful.
                  love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• TadaoAndo
                    • Jun 2010

Swami, I really like those pics you posted. You're right, dark walls are very easy to live with, especially if they have a sheen to them and reflect light.

Comment

• madeleine
                      • May 2010

Christian:

love the place!

Could you tell us more about the bookshelf (love the color) and the couch in front of it? Those pieces really stand out to me.

Thanks

Comment

• Addicted
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2010

Has anyone ever messed with wood burning furniture?

I just bought an iron and made a book shelf, i want to burn in a design i traced onto the wood.

Comment

• Ochre
                          • Sep 2009

Kinda cool — my home was featured as a house tour on Apartment Therapy's sister site Unplggd:

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Neat! But how does it feel to have a list of your items on the web?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

Thanks. It was a bit strange listing everything. I know the site's community always has a lot of questions regarding where people got what or what exactly something is so I can understand where they're coming from when they ask for it. The only truly weird part was when their survey asked me to list the technology that I owned "even if it wasn't visible in the photographs."

Comment

• fadetogrey
                                • Apr 2009

Your desk looks like a great place to work! You're lucky you get a lot of nautural light, I am not as fortunate.

My windowsill also acts as my bedside table, where I keep a book, notepad, glasses, pen, etc. I recently rearranged it.

I will share more images as things progress in my place... trying to battle the boyfriend to get some things done

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎