Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamacdonell
    • Sep 2010

Pretty much agree with everything here except I think Machida would get handled like the second round again. Definitely want to see GSP back, agree that he beats condit. From earlier, I think it's bad news if Hendo tries to clinch with Jones, he would get caught with a knee or elbow. His best shot is cutting off Jones close to the cage and throwing with power. First or second round or he has no shot (I am rooting for Hendo btw).

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
    I like the match-up because I honestly think the only person that's going to beat Jones right now is someone with one-punch knockout power (Hendo or Machida). Outside of that, I think we're looking at another Silva, someone who's going to be dominant in the division for a loooong time.

I'm mainly just waiting for GSP to come back and kick the crap out of Condit.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
      • Jun 2012

I mainly listed Machida because, based on his last fight, he appears to returning to form, and his ability to counter and capitalize on the smallest mistakes in the biggest ways make him dangerous to any opponent.
      I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• AngelofDeath
        • Jun 2012

Damn, didn't even take Rousey a minute to crank that arm...
        I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• blowdown
          • Feb 2011

i dont like how machida fights when hes under constant pressure throughout the fight, mainly like machida shogun 1, machida jones 1....everytime hes under constant pressure he seems to slip up

Comment

• zamacdonell
            • Sep 2010

Yeah, we all knew it was going to happen but I for sure thought Kaufman would have lasted more than a minute.

I like Machida more than I used to, his game is countering so I think he actually welcomes pressure to a certain degree.

Would be interested to hear who peoples favorite fighters are (mma, boxing, bjj, whatever)

Comment

• AngelofDeath
              • Jun 2012

Just read that Machida will get the winner of Jones vs. Hendo, so it looks like I'll get my wish in that regard.

Not really sure who my favorites in the UFC are that are still around, barring GSP. Really like Aldo. Like Machida a lot. Liked Overeem before he started juicing. It's so obvious; I'm not really sure how it's taken this long for him to get busted.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                • Jun 2012

Haha, so since Hendo got injured, Jones' opponent has gone from Chael to Machida to Vitor Belfort and UFC 151 is cancelled altogether. What a debacle.

Comment

• zamacdonell
                  • Sep 2010

Agree on GSP and Aldo. A big fan of Cowboy Cerrone and the Diaz brothers, more so Nate. Have met Nate, Werdum, and Jacare in real life and all three were very nice. Also Belcher, Ian McCall, Hendricks, and JDS.

All the injuries are crazy, 151 cancelled, 153 Anderson Silva vs Bonnar (wtf, odds are gonna be like 20:1).

152 is stacked now and I will probably still buy 153.

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
                  Just read that Machida will get the winner of Jones vs. Hendo, so it looks like I'll get my wish in that regard.

Not really sure who my favorites in the UFC are that are still around, barring GSP. Really like Aldo. Like Machida a lot. Liked Overeem before he started juicing. It's so obvious; I'm not really sure how it's taken this long for him to get busted.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                    • Jun 2012

Yeah, it's kind of pathetic that that's the best fight they could come up with for Silva. That's going to be embarrassing. At least if GSP beats Condit, him fighting Silva will go back to being a serious possibility. Would be nice if he fought Jones, too, but Silva's probably too smart to take that fight.

Comment

• blowdown
                      • Feb 2011

im sorry to have a need to dig up this thread, but i just cant contain my excitement when i saw silva fight again today,

what the hell? the only way bonnar had a chance to beat him was to rough him up against the cage and silva allowed him to do just that, going with back against the cage time and time again...

after watching today i have no doubt silva will be toying with GSP

Comment

• cremaster
                        • Jan 2010

Blowdown I agree.
                        Silva's performance was exhilarating.
                        He seems to be stronger at 205 so I'll go one better, I say he takes Jones!

Comment

• blowdown
                          • Feb 2011

he's really good, however i think not good enough to take jones

had jones been the one who had silva against the cage, a double leg would come and we all know that silva's defensive isnt that great at all

and the sheer size and strength advantage bones has will see silva succumb to the elbows

Comment

• gawkrodger
                            • Jun 2013

bumping an old thread here

Anyone on here train in any form of martial arts/combat sports?

I did Muay Thai for a number of years, moved onto MMA and now pretty much train purely BJJ. Am a purple belt under Braulio Estima

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                              bumping an old thread here

Anyone on here train in any form of martial arts/combat sports?

I did Muay Thai for a number of years, moved onto MMA and now pretty much train purely BJJ. Am a purple belt under Braulio Estima
                              I currently train strictly in Muay Thai under Kru Phil Nurse here in NY! It's such an invigorating sport! I think I also want to try my hand at a Chinese martial art, maybe Wing Chun? I have a few friends who train in BJJ and they love it
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Piffen
                                • Aug 2007

Did 5 years of krav maga, switched to boxing and saw the light. Used to do some taido when I was younger.

Isn't there a thread somewhere on the topic of (non professional) MA?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎