• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixmaster7_91
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Well, try booking him >

Pretty much impossible now, I heard he's moving into the mountains.
    And I think Rinsing, who's running the studio has similar lead times now.
    Thanks for reminding me about Filip Leu. I saw a guy once with the most amazing half sleeve and asked him who did it. Turned out to be Filip Leu. His work is not only amazing, apparently he works so extremely fast. Did they guys half sleeve in about 4.5 hrs...no idea how

Comment

• Agent L
      • Sep 2006

Filip Leu is off the wall. His dragons with smoky eyes are what drew me in back in the day.

Anyone familiar with Yellow Blaze? Shige's work is pretty amazing. Different style than Filip's work but another unique touch on Japanese.

Yellow Blaze Tattoo is a Japan-based private tattoo studio by the artist Shigenori Iwasaki, also known as SHIGE. Explore his beautiful works deeply influenced by Japanese art and symbolism and visit the studio in Yokohama, Japan.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Not at all into the japanese things myself but I can not recommend Guyletatooer enough if you want something thats his direction.
        Check:
        http://guyletatooer.com/ (thats not my arm btw)
        I know he has been mentioned on here before but after getting my left arm done by him I just have to praise his work again. A true artist for sure.
        He is in Berlin every two months.
        I will be back for more for sure.
        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

do you mind posting a snap of your arm tnt? tia!
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

.Given the topic at hand, something for the ladies~

Irezumi in progress, circa 1930's
            Last edited by interest1; 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: meh..
            sain't

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
              Thanks for reminding me about Filip Leu. I saw a guy once with the most amazing half sleeve and asked him who did it. Turned out to be Filip Leu. His work is not only amazing, apparently he works so extremely fast. Did they guys half sleeve in about 4.5 hrs...no idea how
              Apparently the quality lasts as well from what I have heard. Just feels like a true artist, not my style at all, but I can appreciate the craft. And great family story of course.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                do you mind posting a snap of your arm tnt? tia!

will try to do on the coming weekend, all pics I tried to take myself look like shit.
                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• crz
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                  Yup it's kian, got anyway to help me jump the list?
                  he's good, but 2 years wait? i think it's just cos of the lack of amazing (well known?) artists in australia. just travel overseas

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                    will try to do on the coming weekend, all pics I tried to take myself look like shit.
                    would love to see it. he's based out of paris right?

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

would love to see it. he's based out of paris right?
                      No Toulouse based http://atelierlatannerie.com but he is working all over europe.
                      When in germany he is in Berlin at AKA http://www.facebook.com/aka.in.berlin

Comment

• arc
                        • Mar 2011

My first tattoo

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                          No Toulouse based http://atelierlatannerie.com but he is working all over europe.
                          When in germany he is in Berlin at AKA http://www.facebook.com/aka.in.berlin
                          thanks for the info. raf's work looks really cool as well. need to delve deeper into the traditional tattoo scene in europe.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

thanks for the info. raf's work looks really cool as well. need to delve deeper into the traditional tattoo scene in europe.
                            And both dudes are the bomb, crazy guys.
                            Raf was there during my last session with Guy, they both are from toulouse and work in the same studio. Newest thing he got is a big fly done by Guy on his forehead!
                            Guy just got both of his arms completely covered in black from the shoulder down to the palms, next thing will be white tatoos done on the "new" black arms.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

holy hell i didn't know that was possible. are white inks that opaque? really curious to see this. fly on head sounds ill!

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

holy hell i didn't know that was possible. are white inks that opaque? really curious to see this. fly on head sounds ill!
                                No idea about the white ink, he said its possible.
                                He had japanese stuff on both of his arms which he got in his early twenties and didn't like anymore. So he got this completey covered to start from scratch.

If you are ever in berlin and interested in getting something done by one of the two it should not be a problem. Had to wait about four months and the next session is already booked for the end of september!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎