Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

i love mckenna's work, master of the bent back skull. wish he wasn't all the way out in aus.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

I don't know much abt the traditional tattoo scene in the us. In england there's thousand of them, I don't know which one to choose... I would definitely get a piece by mckenna if he ever guests in Europe.

On another topic: I've been in contact with Alexander Grim two days ago, he's fully booked for the next 3 months... I really want something from him as well, guess I'll have to wait. Anyway, one month and half left for my two days session with gakkin
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• jskidder1
        • Jan 2011

my faves in london are rich hadley, sway, luke jinks, dani queipo, joe ellis, and tom arnison:

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

i have an appt with luke here in nyc in july, but looking to make a trip out in the fall to pick up some work from a few of those other guys.

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

I was following joe ellis and sway, didn't knew the other ones. Thx! Imho it's more difficult for traditional tattoo artists to get something different from the other ones. Not like those guys exploring new ways of tattoing (jondix, dotstolines, wiesbeck, etc). In that sense, I really like mckenna because he made his own version of the bent back skull.
          I also like: http://instagram.com/teidetattoo and http://instagram.com/denotattoo
          Especially deno, I'd love to get one of his whales

Comment

• BrokenBoards
            • Jan 2014

I have an appointment with Piew Choquette during his guest spot at Three Kings that I couldn't be more excited about.

"I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

here you go bukka It doesn't look straight on this photo, but its perfectly straight. ''WAR IS NOW''

a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

my my my, what do we have here
                Looks like you own quite a few pieces. All by local artists or any "famous" one in there? (not like the locals can't be good!)

BTW, only 15 days left till I get my half sleeve done by gakkin. Anyone should check the two last backs he posted on his instagram, they are fucking unreal.

Also booked rafel delalande for end of july, he's gonna be guesting in my hometown

Comment

• 550BC
                  • Jan 2013

locals/friends, I would like to get some done by famous ones like Maxime or Gakkin!! amazing that you're getting you're sleeve done by him love his style and his freehand skills.

Honestly my tattoos are some from poor/prison style quality but I have a fascination for imperfection and street culture hence it fits my personality and externality so it's all good, at the end it are chapters.
                  I have some space left on my torso,neck/throat and hands which I will get done by some better tattooist of course.

Rafael is great too! Unfortunately many of the tattooist I would like to get tattood by arent guesting in Amsterdam.. I might go to London or Berlin for my next few projects.
                  a fish out of water dies

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                    my my my, what do we have here
                    Also booked rafel delalande for end of july, he's gonna be guesting in my hometown
                    just booked him for september
                    cant wait !

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

I love Gakkin's work. A friend has a lot from him and I always admire his sleeves. Would love to get something from him as well, but I am pretty much 'done' with tattoos. Hands and neck are out of question for me and I really don't feel like getting more anyways because with each year my tolerance for pain seems to be lower.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Verdandi and SeptSeptSept, wtf are you waiting?! Post the damn pictures, I need to feed my obsession!

Liam Sparks has a walk-in flash day in my hometown next month, not really a fan of the flash sheet system but I guess I'll check it just to make sure there's nothing that fits me.

550BC, there's quite a few "famous" artists that have this street style like FUZI. That's not what I'm really into but I appreciate the raw aesthetic.

Maxime, most of the time, makes amazing tattoos but he seriously fucked up some of his designs. Those with a huge amount of straight lines are sometimes poorly executed (like the one he did in Moscow a week ago). Head skulls, animals, and medieval imagery are absolutely stunning though. (Also, I cannot compute his pricing, too much hype imho, apparently his friend BBS taught him how to raise prices constantly )
                        Hand and neck are also out of question for me. Hand tattoos are really beautiful, jondix makes insane hand tats!

BTW 550BC, coreydivine is guesting in Amsterdam in a few days/week if you're into mandalas and sacred geometry

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

Verdandi and SeptSeptSept, wtf are you waiting?! Post the damn pictures, I need to feed my obsession!

Liam Sparks has a walk-in flash day in my hometown next month, not really a fan of the flash sheet system but I guess I'll check it just to make sure there's nothing that fits me.

550BC, there's quite a few "famous" artists that have this street style like FUZI. That's not what I'm really into but I appreciate the raw aesthetic.

Maxime, most of the time, makes amazing tattoos but he seriously fucked up some of his designs. Those with a huge amount of straight lines are sometimes poorly executed (like the one he did in Moscow a week ago). Head skulls, animals, and medieval imagery are absolutely stunning though. (Also, I cannot compute his pricing, too much hype imho, apparently his friend BBS taught him how to raise prices constantly )
                          Hand and neck are also out of question for me. Hand tattoos are really beautiful, jondix makes insane hand tats!

BTW 550BC, coreydivine is guesting in Amsterdam in a few days/week if you're into mandalas and sacred geometry
                          I'm dead hahahaha

I will check it out! unfortunately I have to save up some money for some trips upcoming season, I dont got tattoos like FUZI does even though I like the aesthetic as you say, I like corey his work too, only if I had blank arms haha I know what I would do from scratch, but thats life all about.
                          You already got hand and neck?
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post

You already got hand and neck?
                            No no no, I don't and will probably never have. But you, you already have them tattooed right?
                            Well, about the blank arms, I've seen some impressive cover-ups. I had one done on myself two months ago, I'm waiting for Yann Brenyak to carve my blackwork now. I'm meeting him tmr night to discuss it

Edit: sure, I'll post them. Or maybe send it to you by PM, I don't think it's cool to post a tat and focus the attention on the fucked up parts. (Not like it's gonna hurt his reputation or anything but still...)

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

No no no, I don't and will probably never have. But you, you already have them tattooed right?
                              Well, about the blank arms, I've seen some impressive cover-ups. I had one done on myself two months ago, I'm waiting for Yann Brenyak to carve my blackwork now. I'm meeting him tmr night to discuss it

I have the side of my hands and inside of 8 fingers, but I will get onto my hand and my palms soon I think same for my neck/throat which is blanco.

Yes I was thinking about some blackwork cover ups for a part, or cover it up with some abstract free hand ''japanese'' black work brush style, I will think about it when I have arranged the money but first some other things I think.

Yann Brenyak is at Sang Bleu right? I just came back from London, I wanted to get a tattoo done but couldn't find the time for it. are you based in London?
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                                I have the side of my hands and inside of 8 fingers, but I will get onto my hand and my palms soon I think same for my neck/throat which is blanco.

Yes I was thinking about some blackwork cover ups for a part, or cover it up with some abstract free hand ''japanese'' black work brush style, I will think about it when I have arranged the money but first some other things I think.

Yann Brenyak is at Sang Bleu right? I just came back from London, I wanted to get a tattoo done but couldn't find the time for it. are you based in London?
                                He's between Sang Bleu and the lacemakers (his own shop with Delphine Noiztoy). He's also a childhood friend. I'm in Switzerland, in Yann, Maxime and Filip Leu hometown ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎