Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsmoove
    • Oct 2013

Who else would you recommend? I do want to find a tattoo artist that will collaborate with me in finding my ideal aesthetic.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dsmoove View Post
      Who else would you recommend? I do want to find a tattoo artist that will collaborate with me in finding my ideal aesthetic.
      The folks at Saved are all great. Adorned also has many well respected folks. MikeN will be able to weigh in more as he's had more experience with guys in NYC than I have.

Probably the best thing to do is do some online research to see what artist's work seems to align with what you're looking for and then seek them out to discuss next steps. I do stress that you shouldn't restrict yourself regionally when it comes to getting ink. You'll buy a shirt from Europe without much thought... ink should be even more seriously considered and traveling to meet the person that is going to put something on you that will last you the rest of your life is a tiny investment and will ultimately result in work that is the most satisfying.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        The folks at Saved are all great. Adorned also has many well respected folks. MikeN will be able to weigh in more as he's had more experience with guys in NYC than I have.

Probably the best thing to do is do some online research to see what artist's work seems to align with what you're looking for and then seek them out to discuss next steps. I do stress that you shouldn't restrict yourself regionally when it comes to getting ink. You'll buy a shirt from Europe without much thought... ink should be even more seriously considered and traveling to meet the person that is going to put something on you that will last you the rest of your life is a tiny investment and will ultimately result in work that is the most satisfying.
        Second that. You either fly or wait for the artist to guest in your city. NY shouldn't be much of a problem, plenty great guys guesting there during the year. Follow them on insta to know when they travel.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Also, a lot of the second or third waves of artists doing this style are beginning to trump the more well-known guys in terms of style and quality anyway.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Like this guy.. http://instagram.com/barbe_rousse_tattooer
            Feeling it.

Comment

• upsilonkng
              • May 2010

anyone in the us be it nyc , texas or california that does lines/geometric stuff very well?? I was looking at blackworks but the one girl that does it in SF is booked till oct2015? and it's $1000 for like an hour + 1/2 and the initial drawing... seems excessive?!?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

a thousand... for an hour? dafuq?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

She didn't even respond her secretary or someone responded. $1000 down $400 for the drawing and it's $450 an hour she decides 100% what she tattoos... I was like uh.... Yeah probably not. But she's booked till oct 2015? How is that possible? Is blackworks tattoos that popular?

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

That is fucking absurd. I'm all for paying a premium for extremely high-quality tattoos. Certainly worth it for obvious reasons. Unless she's so fast that she can bang out a half sleeve in that amount of time I'd say that's the most expensive tattooer I've heard of.

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

I bet it's just a filter. I can't imagine she charges that.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

And christ, looking at all of these new artists popping up, this stuff truly is going to look like 90s tribal in 10 years time. Gonna start my cover-ups now!

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Ha..I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Like... hmm.. what am I going to do when this style is lame? All black?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

help me out guys, make some recommendations if u can think of any, i don't need animals or skulls though those are cool just some very black lines by someone overqualified.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                              help me out guys, make some recommendations if u can think of any, i don't need animals or skulls though those are cool just some very black lines by someone overqualified.
                              Roxx. She's in SF if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, mandala and shit are gonna look oldschool in no time but who cares. Blackwork cover-up looks great

(that's probably why, in the end, I choose traditional japanese, trying to not follow the hype too much)
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

roxx is where i got the insane quote from. and no flexibility as far as what i want , she decides 100% according to the person the answers her emails.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎