Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

would be very appreciated! I follow a ton with the similar set of skills/styles on instagram, but please share what you can! I will start putting money aside starting with the end of this summer.

haha my tattoos are nothing fancy and not in the same section as I would love to have but going towards to now. soon soon hehe.
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Well, cover-ups now are pretty amazing, mattblack makes some that are absolutely stunning. Hell, even a heavy black work looks nice imo^^
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

I agree! But heavy blackwork/blacking out can be done by locals as long they dont scar your body imo, or am I wrong?
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
          I agree! But heavy blackwork/blacking out can be done by locals as long they dont scar your body imo, or am I wrong?
          I don't know. But I guess it's actually pretty complicated - ofc, you will have someone local who can make it without hurting you but, for example, Gakkin uses his own ink, made with a mix of tattoo ink and chinese scroll ink, and the result is blacker, using his home-made 18needles shader... so, yeah, probably makes a difference in the end

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

Got that right, but got a lifetime legt for blacking out.
            First the blank spots hehe
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

I actually want to get one done by Apro Lee when he is guesting at SB, Scott Move his work looks cool too
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                I actually want to get one done by Apro Lee when he is guesting at SB, Scott Move his work looks cool too
                He's on the list I'll try to post later^^ the korean tiger he made lately was amazing

Comment

• Law
                  • Dec 2013

How many of you have had a laser tattoo removal procedure? And was it a success? I'm 9 sessions in now (about to go for 10th).

Comment

• Amir
                    • May 2010

A selection of my tattoos, in no particular order.

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

you already know your ink is one of my favorite
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Love the first hand!

Comment

• Resonkuken
                          • Oct 2012

Great stuff on both arms, amir.

I`m planning on getting my first tattoo when I go to see Arctic Monkeys in Buenos Aires later this year. Don`t really want to get one in my city and I`ve already found a place in B.A that looks like it has some great tattoo artists.

Comment

• Senpai
                            • Apr 2014

Curious about these more abstract geometric tattoos a lot of members on here have, and are pretty common in Maxime's work. Are you guys coming up with the ideas and then he's either re-working or just copying them down? Are they influenced by or references to tangible things? Or do you go to these artists and basically ask them to do as they please with just some sort of generic outline of what you're thinking. It's not my style personally, which I think is why I'm so intrigued by it.

Comment

• Amir
                              • May 2010

Personally, I draw all of my tattoos myself. I have a very nice collaboration going with a tattoo artist in Oslo, Norway. It all started out in 2008 or something for me. I spent quite a lot of time researching on who to do the actual tattoos (I always wanted to find one tattoo artist, and stick to that someone) and what overall style I wanted – plus, how extensively I wanted to get tattooed.

Only 6-12 months after I started drawing and tattooing I found out about Maxime. But the geometric 'clean shapes' I think comes from my taste in design/aesthetics in general.

When I do a design I always sit down with my tattoo artist and measure it. Do a fitting, if you may. Then we alter it, together. Optimising it for the body. Might end up placing the design on a different body part. Or just alter some lines, so it coheres better with the body and it's curves.

Hope this helps.

Ps, thanks for the comments/compliments.

Comment

• Senpai
                                • Apr 2014

Very interesting, that was actually a hunch I had about people's interest in this style. A lot of it very much so reminds me of architecture/math so I was curious as to if the aesthetic behind those fields is what inspires you and others who have this style of tattoos.

Btw, yours are fantastic. I love the balance of tangible and abstract in a few of the pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎