Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikevigar
    • Jan 2010

He's nowhere near those three I know, interestingly I read somewhere he doesn't actually enjoy football, he just sees it as a job that brings in the money - probably explains his disinterest at times.

Good to see Hutton back on the other flank though, Corluka is better defensively but doesn't do anything for us going forward.

Comment

• jumpoff
      • Jan 2008

Wishing injury upon players is usually the lowest of low, but I would'nt mind seeing Nigel de Jong on the recieving end of a Nigel de Jong-style bone breaking tackle

Won't be in Holland's next two international games though, as he has been thrown out of the squad for being too dirty.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Van Der Vaart quickly becoming a white hart lane legend.
        May even re-name it to white vaart lane.
        Good result against Villa. Lets see how 'Arry deals with playing both Modric and Van, Could be interesting. If it works, incredibly dangerous!

COYS!
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• shah
          • Jul 2009

Re: earlier discussion on city's chances

Tevez-Mancini bust up at half time. Basically tevez is mad there are only 2 wingers to support him, meaning the team relies on his high work rate more than anything. Although I kinda disagree with this because Yaya loves going on marauding runs forward every chance he gets...but I still think there is too much of a volatile atmosphere. Just wait till Adebayor starts running his mouth and Lescott gets into his great own-goal form

Comment

• Geezor
            • Jun 2010

2 funny videos !

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

Late pass, but the owners of the Boston Red Sox bought Liverpool. This should be interesting.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Mikevigar
                • Jan 2010

Sombrerespledence:

I really can't figure out where it'll go, I've had much satisfaction watching Liverpool slide and I can't see that these owners will be able to change much.

The fans want a new stadium, huge investment for any new owners so I can't see it happening and refurbishing Anfield won't increase capacity much. Whatever happens stadium wise though it'll be a big financial outlay, along with shedding the debt that doesn't leave a lot to throw at transfers, and it isn't like Liverpool have a depth of player assets to recoup some cash as 'the yanks' have used most income from previous sales to finance the debt.

The squad is so lacking in strength in depth it'll take 3/4 years to rebuild unless some Man City-like businessman comes in, and this red sox guy is not in that league!

Comment

• lyubm
                  • Oct 2010

Wow Poor Liverpool, is Benitez to blame for weak squad?

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by lyubm View Post
                    Wow Poor Liverpool, is Benitez to blame for weak squad?
                    they have plenty of talent. unless you meant mentally week, then yes. benitez is like a virus, takes time to grab hold of the host system but once that happens they'll just start disintegrating. his first year at liverpool was arguably the best, then each successive year after was worse. same will happen at inter. they'll win serie A this year and then watch the slow, drawn-out collapse as his influence grows.

on a happier note, a new trick from ronnie

Comment

• marco-von
                      • Feb 2009

So the motherland got the 2018 world cup and Qatar got the 2022 world cup.

Qatar is obviously the dodgy choice. tiny country very very very little in terms of football history, going to have to build everything from scratch.

For any non - uk residents who didn't see the show or can't watch it on the bbc iplayer. the panorama show investigating FIFA on corruption of the main players inside the organisation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlZw9NGSlU part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wQy4...eature=related part 2

It is really worth a watch.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

MADRID/BARçA: why no discussion?

Oh YES. I hadn't explored far enough to encounter this thread. Yes, I am concerned about Spain's economy, but I worry less after seeing Madrid -- in other words, Mourinho "The Special One" and Ronaldo -- get their behinds handed to them by Barça last week.

(y lo siento Wire.Artist si eres aficionado del equipo del Generalissmo Franco...sinceremente.)

This is the game that I've been waiting to see from Barça - gorgeous assists by Messi, a team that was taking delight in the game, and incidentally leaving the Madrileños with their jaws hanging in the vicinity of the Adam's apple. It was the best performance I've ever seen from them. To see them execute it whilst playing Madrid...my heart flutters.

It's such a shame that Madrid took Mesut Ozil - to force him to assist smug, prima donna, pella gella Ronaldo. Such a shame. A shame that Iker is there, as well. He is fundamentally decent.

Sergio Ramos is DEAD to me. He's always been a kind of a punk, anyhow. Never mind his place on the Spanish national team. PUNK.

Also it's so unfortunate to see that the once admirable Dutch legacy has been spit in the face by its current (national) team of thugs. But nice on the other hand to see what Barça has done for that of Johan Cruyff; they have given it the respect it deserves. (Wesley Sneijder is about as classy as Ashley Cole these days.)

OK. I really needed to get that of my chest. I didn't think blasting it off on my academic page would be particularly appropriate.

Cheers,

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• sac
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by shahanshah View Post
                          cole has recently matured into a good lb
                          Recently? Thats not true. Ashley Cole was great before he went to Chelsea.

Comment

• sac
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                            Oh YES. I hadn't explored far enough to encounter this thread. Yes, I am concerned about Spain's economy, but I worry less after seeing Madrid -- in other words, Mourinho "The Special One" and Ronaldo -- get their behinds handed to them by Barça last week.

(y lo siento Wire.Artist si eres aficionado del equipo del Generalissmo Franco...sinceremente.)

This is the game that I've been waiting to see from Barça - gorgeous assists by Messi, a team that was taking delight in the game, and incidentally leaving the Madrileños with their jaws hanging in the vicinity of the Adam's apple. It was the best performance I've ever seen from them. To see them execute it whilst playing Madrid...my heart flutters.

It's such a shame that Madrid took Mesut Ozil - to force him to assist smug, prima donna, pella gella Ronaldo. Such a shame. A shame that Iker is there, as well. He is fundamentally decent.

Sergio Ramos is DEAD to me. He's always been a kind of a punk, anyhow. Never mind his place on the Spanish national team. PUNK.

Also it's so unfortunate to see that the once admirable Dutch legacy has been spit in the face by its current (national) team of thugs. But nice on the other hand to see what Barça has done for that of Johan Cruyff; they have given it the respect it deserves. (Wesley Sneijder is about as classy as Ashley Cole these days.)

OK. I really needed to get that of my chest. I didn't think blasting it off on my academic page would be particularly appropriate.

Cheers,

MBD
                            El Clásico was one hell of a game. Being honest, the outcome was not expected. Im a big fan of Jose Mourinho

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

^ neither did i. i thought Real Madrid would edge out that game. But apparently Real still lacks teamwork IMO, especially when comparing them to Barcelona. Too many individual brilliance can sometimes be a bad thing. They seem to be more focused on personal glory than the team.

Comment

• shah
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by sac View Post
                                Recently? Thats not true. Ashley Cole was great before he went to Chelsea.
                                oh i think i meant evra. because i hate cole ever since he left the gunners

but speaking of cole, he needed help with lennon every time the little englishman went forward today. and one-trick pony (race horse?) bale was destroying ferreira on the wing. can't believe hilarious heulerho gave up a penalty then saved didier's shot considering that drogba's last shot sent both the keeper and the ball into the net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎