Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Picasso
    • Jul 2013

Think i'm done with the farce FIFA is calling a 'World Cup'. Italy where robbed, set up to lose.

P.S The ref was banned from referring in the MEXICAN league. MEXICAN!

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

Italy was robbed? Everybody is focusing on the Suarez bite and the red card(cleat up kick when Marchisio has the ball). Let's look at Ballotelli instead - one shot on goal in the last two games and commiting 4 fouls in the first half of the Uruguay match. Do I need to say more?

In my opinion Ivory Coast was robbed not Italy....
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• k3mist
        • Apr 2013

yeah completely agree..Ivory Coast are the unlucky ones..the penalty was very soft.

Italy were very poor, played for the draw until uruguay scored.
        Ballotelli was more interested in rolling around then playing.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

I wouldn't say Ivory Coast were robbed. Their attacking players are unbelievable, and I thought they would trounce Greece.
          The old war horse Karagounis breathed new life into the side.
          Greece not only defended well, but also attacked and put IC under the cosh!

Last 20 minutes was just wave after wave of Greek attacks. Soft penalty, maybe, but he was last man on goal, so could have gone either way.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

The referee was horrible in the Italy vs Uruguay match.

It was not even close to an red card and then none of the officials did not see the biting incident.
            The referee did not even ask the linesmen did he saw what happened, he just plain ignored everything.

Originally posted by Picasso View Post
            Think i'm done with the farce FIFA is calling a 'World Cup'. Italy where robbed, set up to lose.

P.S The ref was banned from referring in the MEXICAN league. MEXICAN!
            Is this true? Any link to it?
            How on earth referee like that can be part of the world cup?

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              I wouldn't say Ivory Coast were robbed. Their attacking players are unbelievable, and I thought they would trounce Greece.
              The old war horse Karagounis breathed new life into the side.
              Greece not only defended well, but also attacked and put IC under the cosh!

Last 20 minutes was just wave after wave of Greek attacks. Soft penalty, maybe, but he was last man on goal, so could have gone either way.
              I was only referencing the penalty
              Grow up.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

the ref in the italy/uruguay match was not awful. its just very very hard to referee a match where both teams are filled with floppers and foulers. this match was the low point of this world cup. both teams deserve to go home. that type of football/soccer is an embarrassment to the game. i understand it tactically, but it shows a real lack of character. even the commentators were annoyed and bored to tears. and the bite couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. fuck that guy. i think italy is my least favorite national team of all time.
                Last edited by cjbreed; 06-25-2014, 11:34 AM.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

That gif is great though
                  Grow up.

Comment

• nvsnli
                    • Mar 2013

cjbreed's bias is clouding his ability to judge this case properly.

Comment

• Fenix
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
                      cjbreed's bias is clouding his ability to judge this case properly.
                      Marchisio goes over the ball, cleats up - that's a red card

Italy couldn't score - that's a loss.
                      Grow up.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i'm just saying that in a world cup filled with goals and thrilling matches this one was a definite low point. with the bite from suarez and the lackluster performance from both sides and an embarrassing amount of fouls and playacting flops and dives it was just a real disappointment.

suarez needs a ban, of course, but Chiellini is one of the most unlikable players around, and from my point of view his cynical and shameless style of play is far too common and welcome among the italian national sides. its just not for me, i don't like it...

Comment

• hurricane08
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                          I was only referencing the penalty
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Actually it was,seeing it from this angle (imo),he is in a clear position to score.

Anyway ,Costa Rica has an amazing defense among Mexico and Belgium .Only one goal against from Uruguay and that was a penalty shot i think.

Comment

• nvsnli
                            • Mar 2013

No Fenix: It is not a red card.
                            You can twist it how you want but it was yellow card maximum.

@cjbreed

I understand where you are coming from but someone playing not the way you want is still no excuse for the referee be that bad.

Italy of course is responsible for not creating enough chances to score etc but the referee affected the game in a way he should have not.

On a side note: Nigeria vs Argentina was very entertaining game today and the penalty for Greece definetely was clear penalty.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

the ref didn't see the bite, and the line judges couldn't be sure. the red card foul took place about 2 feet in front of the ref. over the ball, spikes up, clearly intentional, its a red...

not saying its right, just that there's an explanation
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 06-25-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Fenix
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnxO-rtj25E

Actually it was,seeing it from this angle (imo),he is in a clear position to score.

Anyway ,Costa Rica has an amazing defense among Mexico and Belgium .Only one goal against from Uruguay and that was a penalty shot i think.
                                It looks worse from that angle cause you can't see him stick his foot in the turf. It is what it is though...Greece gets to bore us one more time.
                                Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎