X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alseal
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    ^ I got a few packs of these as a present once, they taste like shit, weird funky herbal taste (not in a good way) and it feels like smoking air. I'd much rather smoke the 2.4 Marlboro
    lol, thx for the info, wanted to try a pack when traveling to Shanghai. You just made me even more curious about it.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

knock yourself out. In general I don't like the taste of Chinese cigarettes; only one I can stand is Chunghwa.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post
        They come in a lurid green pack, but they do exist. Yech.
        Oh really? We don't get them in France, so I smoke Kools. A friend tells me that's what crack dealers smoke ahah

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Kools are one thing aristocratic poets and the hood have in common (Frederick Seidel has that line about having a Kool for breakfast)
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

I think it's also what Marilou smokes in Gainsbourg's "L'Homme à la Tête de Chou". She's a real bitch

Comment

• Alseal
              • Dec 2012

My favourite Chinese cigarette so far is called Panda.
              Tried once from a friend, it was so smooth and pure.

Comment

• noise
                • Oct 2012

if you can handle unfiltered cigarettes, nat sherman havana ovals are without competitor.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

I bought an e-cig a couple days ago to try and quit smoking. So far I like it even more than regular cigarettes. It's basically like having a portable hookah. The guy who sold it to me said I can gradually reduce the nicotine content of the liquid until I'm no longer addicted to it. We'll see how that goes.
                  I still have an unfinished pack of Kools at home, so I'm trying to make the transition as smooth as possible. So far I have dropped from 10/15 a day to 3. We'll just see if the e-cig holds its own in moments of stress or of I'll need a proper smoke fix.

Comment

• OliverG
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    I don't know, I bought a pack of chocolate flavoured cigarettes once, since chocolate is my favourite thing and they were black which looks pretty neat. After the 3d cig, they made me want to barf and I had to buy a pack of regular cigarettes. I don't think that flavoured cigarettes are really a great option, since the taste is so obviously chemical it's gross. Although I would probably smoke menthols if I dated a non-smoker. Those aren't so bad plus no one wants to bums them at parties
                    Yeah, flavoured cigarettes are gross. But that's not at all what we're talking about for the flavours: we're talking about e-cigarettes. It's a totally different thing. It's like smoking a shisha, you know, a hooka. All kinds of flavors, mango, peach, etc. It's like, why drink low grade tequila when you can drink pink champagne?

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

ahaha such an old quote and I have changed so much. I've been smoking menthols for the past few years, and now I'm trying out the e-cig. Can't handle being out of breath, don't really like the taste of tobacco anymore

Comment

• boomslang20117@
                        • Sep 2006

It's more of the tar that I detest about cigarettes. But Gitanes got me smoking traditional cigarettes again. Damn I miss Gitanes. :(

Comment

• Aunder
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                          So I just got my e-cigarette in the mail 2 days ago and I am absolutely loving it. I have strawberry flavor and it is excellent, I love being able to smoke it on the bus and on the skytrain.

For those who don't know, an e-cigarette is a mini vaporizer that vaporizes nicotine liquid that you can buy in bottles or little cartridges. It does not have any tar that cigarettes have, nor any of the chemicals. There are no laws against smoking it in public places and it is not harmful to anybody around you. The liquid comes in many different flavors including Marlborough, Vanilla, Coconut, Coffee etc. I used to smoke Dunhills, but it was getting way too expensive for me, so I got this.

This thread is for people who smoke cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos,pipes, anything to share their personal preferences and for everyone to talk about smoking smoking in general.
                          I am also using electronic cigarettes for last several months, its smell is good, easy to take and the most important thing people don't get irritate of the smell of it.

Comment

• Dorje
                            • Oct 2013

I just quit smoking not long ago. I did use an e-cig for a while, then I got a flu over new years combined with bronchitis. So, no choice...

It's for the best...

Comment

• schemedream
                              • Jan 2013

I've smoked every form of tobacco for quite some time. Mostly off and on. I've smoked a variety of menthols, shag, pipe tobacco, cigars, and plain ciggies. Rollies, filters, w/e. You name it. I've pretty much run the gamut.

I've recently started on the e-cig tip. I enjoy a lot of the perks about turning the vapor route. I love being able to smoke around others without feeling bad. I can still vape in a lot of restaurants, movie theaters, and public places. My clothes don't smell, my breath and mouth aren't nappy all the time, my lungs are happy, and I'm pretty convinced that over the next few years it really will be the next big thing in that industry.

It all came from my roommate starting R/D and building a lab to make some for herself. It's turned into a business that we are currently finishing our branding, marketing, and formula work. We are catering towards the more discerning customer who wants something a bit more refined. Once our manufacturing starts I'll gladly send some samples to people who are trying to stop smoking conventional cigs or who just want to try the no nicotine flavoring.

I've done a fair bit of tasting and most of what I see is pretty schwag kiddie garbage. Flavors like white gummy, magic dragon, watermelon ice and the like are pretty common and I have to say that they are pretty offensive smell wise in regards to second hand smoke. I'm pretty satisfied with where we are at with it. I'll keep yall updated if anyone is interested. This has to be one of the first business' that I've started that I feel confidant in not only our niche, but the product as well.

Not sure if this breaching SZ code of conduct. I'm not trying to shamelessly bump my brand so if anyone thinks I should take the post down I will gladly do so. I'm thinking that a higher class product like this is actually in line with what this forum represents, but I may be wrong. Just wanted to check in. I'll post an update around the first of March when our products start rolling off the line. I'm excited!

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

I quit the cigs back in November (after being a relatively heavy smoker for over 15 years).
                                I tried the e-lites vapour cigarette, which was horrible. Just a disgusting blast of nicotine. It lasted me all of a few hours before it ran out.

So I bought e-shisha (ego-T), with varying strength flavoured liquid. Haven't looked back since. Have tried a few variations of the liquid, but have found ibaccy to be very good.
                                I'm currently waiting for some vegetable based liquids to arrive.
                                Alas, I still have a sprinkling of tobacco in my "inspirational" cigarettes.
                                I mean, gotta have one vice, at least.
                                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎