Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawrimabear
    • Feb 2011

Anyone else waiting on the third installment of Rebuild of Evangelion? You Can (Not) Redo. I've watched all of them as they've came out...sucks having to wait so long between 'em.

On another note, it seems I have a lot in common with some of you, as far as favorites go. Let's see what I got.

Movies:
    Anything Miyazaki, with my favorites probably being Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away...and Howls Moving Castle
    Akira
    5 Centimaters Per Second
    Voices of a Distant Star(Love this and 5cm for the heartbreaking reality of it, even though Voices is very Sci-Fi)
    Vampire Hunter D(love the art style of it)
    Ghost in the Shell

Anime: (in no particular order)
    Trigun
    Cowboy Bebop
    FMA: Brotherhood
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Elfen Lied
    Chobits(Don't care what anyone has to say about this one!)
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    FLCL
    I've seen some of Death Note, Soul Eaters and Rurouni Kenshin. I'd like to finish all of them at some point.
    I've watched Bleach up until ~Hueco Mundo. Couldn't handle the filler anymore after that.
    I remember watching Outlaw Star as a kid and loving it, same with Pokemon and DB(Z as well) Gundam and other shows that were on Toonami at the time(RIP).

Seems like people have mentioned a few shows/manga I'd like to get around to watching/reading, if only I had the time...
    Last edited by rawrimabear; 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: Added favorites

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

My anime list:

Not updated since 1 or 2 years. Need to add a couple of new ones.

Oh, forget to download the Hellsing Ultimate 09.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

^ There's no Gundam in your list, you should get on that.

rawrimabear, don't re-watch Outlaw Star, cherish the good memories you have and leave it at that.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• random
          • Dec 2007

no longer as big a fan of anime as when I was younger, but I still watch some. I thought Gintama was pretty fun to watch, but if you watch too many episodes at a time it may get boring. Mushishi was good but I found it sometimes too talkative for my liking.

I still watch one piece, but thats because I have been following it for 10+ years. Naruto was only good to read/watch before sasuke left. Never liked bleach. Death note was good before L died. Oh I liked hunter x hunter but it would take forever for the new story to come out...

There are some cult anime movies that are quite interesting but I consider them to be of a totally different category. Watched a few old ones in small cinemas when I was in college.

Never a fan of miyazaki's movies but I like Hisaishi's OST. can't think of many anime movies that I like much, but Akira was one of them.

This may sound weird but some hentai anime featuring dark elements are actually quite impressive (and not just in an erotic way).
          I don't exist.

Comment

• tron
            • Dec 2010

ahahah nice death note spoiler
            Really though one of my favourite series' and forever a classic
            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• rawrimabear
              • Feb 2011

Funny that you say that, Ahimsa. I tried watching it a few months back both subbed AND dubbed...didn't like either much at all. Couldn't get past the first episode :(

Comment

• unlearnt
                • Feb 2011

Hi if you can read chinese and is a manga person i recommend the hottest title in hk right now i believe (Not from there ><)
                Currently there are 2 season

First: http://comic.sfacg.com/HTML/FSJ/
                Second: http://comic.sfacg.com/HTML/FSJII/

Pretty kick ass if u ask me.

Comment

• random
                  • Dec 2007

Fate/Zero is quite nice. Just watched a few episodes and I like it a lot - to the degree that I think I will get the books.
                  I don't exist.

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

I watched episode Fate/Zero 16 yesterday. This anime is very awesome, as a fan of FSN, i can't avoid this. Don't want to spoil but the new season (begin with the number 14) is truly great !

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

I watch the new fate/zero last night too. Such a good episode.
                      I'll avoid spoilers but damn castu is an awesome character
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Karamazov
                        • Jan 2011

Does anyone know Mononoke (series, not movie)? The style of it is insane.

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tron View Post
                          Last episode today ! The last one was really awesome. I can not spoil but this anime is getting better episodes after episodes...

Comment

• Karamazov
                            • Jan 2011

I know what you mean about the pacing.

Started rewatching bits after posting here (there goes my Sunday). I never noticed that different style of animation get used from episode to episode. They're not big changes, just things like using less outlines starting Ep. 3, and so on

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

I know this isn't a manga thread but I think I saw people discussing that anyway...

I just finished reading Junji Ito's "Uzumaki". incredible.
                              if anyone knows it, are there any other longer stories like this one? I am craaaaving more of it!

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

I'm such a big Junji fan... probably my favorite mangaka
                                http://slug-chicks.blogspot.ca/ translates a lot of his obscure short stories. I'm pretty sure uzumaki is his longest work (other than Tomie because it spans many stories) I really reccommend reading his short story collections though as they are bizarre and haunting. Black paradox is one of my favorites (and my blog )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎