X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by aussy View Post
    I'm not familiar with this context, was there some implication that the resistance fighters were something more than just that?

I did like the mystery of Sern, felt very monster / 20th century boys
    They put out a bill allowing SDF (the one in real life) to be able to fight outside what is considered Japanese territory on very basic terms, this is to be preemptive about north Korea isil and contested Chinese Japanese islands basically but it somewhat violates the Japanese constitution due to the new interpretation so there has been protests and such. but I'd look it up, I lost interest in the subject so I'm not sure how accurate this is and I'm recalling from memory.
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Some people feel it's like when the us army sponsors like call of duty or something like that because the show portrays the SDF as a positive humanitarian endeavor in the show which some people are calling propaganda but it's still like a cooky conspiracy theory
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
        Is half life 3 ever getting released?

It's becoming that legendary.
        Valve is working on a new engine for all their future games, so HL3 will most likely come out and finish the series then, if HL3 is even going to be the last one.

The first two games had a shitty story and gameplay to it, but considering the time that it came out, I can see why old fans of it have brought so much attention to the series.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
          • Apr 2014

Just a random thought, everyone should check out Makoto Shinkai's work.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
            Just a random thought, everyone should check out Makoto Shinkai's work.
            The Garden of Words looks like it'd be easy on the eyes. I'm a sucker for rain.
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Did a rewatch of Code Geass, what a ride even the second time around.

Currently watching Kekkai Sensen and it's been a huge struggle to grab interest.... and I only have 2 more to go...

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

See TD, now we have a nemesis
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

In code geass? that depends on whose perspective you view it from.

in that time period from the last comment to this one I watched Noragami, not much to say about it, but it had my attention more than Kekkai Sensen.

I want to hear Ahimsa's thoughts on these

edit: ive never seen ghost in the shell, nor will I ever. People in this forum have said how it's influenced them to wear Julius and shit like that, I only heavily got into Julius because Horikawa said it Prism was dedicated to giger, and now with a new collection Ive been to the flagship exactly once.

so I guess I approached that stuff from an Alien/Giger kind of front.

(see I can talk about clothes too if I want to )

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Sorry, I was talking about Shokugeki and that blonde mofo.

in that time period from the last comment to this one I watched Noragami, not much to say about it, but it had my attention more than Kekkai Sensen.

edit: ive never seen ghost in the shell, nor will I ever. People in this forum have said how it's influenced them to wear Julius and shit like that, I only heavily got into Julius because Horikawa said it Prism was dedicated to giger, and now with a new collection Ive been to the flagship exactly once.

Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                      Sorry, I was talking about Shokugeki and that blonde mofo.
                      oh damn I havent touched the manga in a while, Ill be there.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Ah! You're in luck. I've seen them all XD

Code Geass is an excellent anime - though the pacing is so so I would say. My biggest peeves with it is the animation, which is just cheap looking to me, akin to Gundam Seed, and the whole school activities. However, I think my brother had mentioned that they were actually given a checklist to hit with the anime, such as mech suits, school club, and some other bits, and then had to work that in somehow, but then scrapped it mostly in the second season after the growth in popularity. I have not confirmed any of this yet (will try and find sources) so if anyone can confirm any of this would love to know as it's so interesting to think about doing that much in confined requirements.

Kekkai Sensen - I was super intrigued with it in the beginning being a Cthulhuian cosmic horror comedy action. But those random slice of life episodes just really did not work. The concept was greaaatt. The execution just did not work out at all. Also felt way too much like Helsing in certain aspects.

Noragami - the greatest thing about this anime is some proper closure. How far and in-between that has become for single season animes. Haven't really thought about this one since you mentioned it though, which I think says that it didn't leave much of an impression on me.
                        Excellent character building in such a short series though. Beautiful animation/ soundtrack could have it made it something more special. Definitely left me more satisfied than Fate/stay night, which I have no idea why it's recommended so much, it's so cliche on every level.

Recently watched the first season of Gangsta. Unsure of how I feel about it…focuses a bit on there being OP characters, and then those even more OP, sort of like DBZ.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post

Recently watched the first season of Gangsta. Unsure of how I feel about it…focuses a bit on there being OP characters, and then those even more OP, sort of like DBZ.
                          -Idk, it seems to be more of those animes on exploring characters them selves than it is about the world around them. To me at least.

-Manglobe, the studio that produced Gangsta, recently went bankrupt.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                            -Idk, it seems to be more of those animes on exploring characters them selves than it is about the world around them. To me at least.

-Manglobe, the studio that produced Gangsta, recently went bankrupt.
                            Mmm, very true. Come to think of it they only show a few streets/buildings/ alleyways the entire show haha

about Manglobe- shit. they've worked on some beautifully animated series. All the artists are disappearing :(
                            Last edited by Ahimsa; 11-07-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Gatsu
                              • Jul 2015

Was wondering what you all thought of the new gundam series this season, Iron blooded orphans. Personally i think it's the best this season so far.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Gatsu View Post
                                Was wondering what you all thought of the new gundam series this season, Iron blooded orphans. Personally i think it's the best this season so far.
                                Just started it...a few episodes in.

It's to Gundam as J.J. Abrams is to Star Trek, looks like it, has nothing to do with it. (classic of Gundam spinoffs though.)
                                It's very...anime. Lacks the science, plot, script and characters of Universal Century Gundam. Many of the main characters have ridiculous hair as well.

Try Now and Then, Here and There as a better option of a child soldier anime.

Will give an update when further along if my impression has been changed.

*Note: I am an oldschool Gundam lover*

Several episodes into the Netflix original, The Seven Deadly Sins. Pretty standard fair. Hilariously enough, the character Greed is almost identical the the FMA Greed in every single way, which is really bad writing in my opinion.

I am enjoying One Punch Man...quite hilarious at certain moments. Feeling very akin to Samurai Flamenco, however, so I am worried the story might plateau or drag on. So far the pacing has been quite good at keeping my interest.
                                Last edited by Ahimsa; 11-16-2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎