X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I would rather let it die a slow natural death.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

nah man no one needs to decide if its a good or bad idea. if one feels like posting bad news then go for it. if one feels like posting a joke to lighten people up then do that too...

there's a resistance to that kind of fake intimacy that the electronic world can create. but only you know if it is real or fake. there are peeps on here i consider friends. i may even post bad news to get it off my chest at some point...
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

wow, i wasn't expecting this idea to be met with such halfarsed enthusiasm. I mean, we chat more or less daily, but noone seems to care or even wonder what goes on in peoples mind and lives?

The happy thread would be there to outweigh peoples annoyances, and vice versa. If someone ends up only posting in one of the threads, i find that really weird.

Of course as zamb says, people ought to care for and nurture the ones they have around them irl, but I don't consider my internet friendships that virtual, in fact, most of my friends are people i've gotten to know through mutual interests over the web. I've even travelled across europe ending up couchsurfing at their places and we've made friends for life. And as I already spend an hour or two at this place each day, a simple how are you guys doing, even a "whatsup" would surely be a positive addition. People who aren't intrested in that thread don't even have to post in it.

I can't really say I've met anyone here with an attitude open enough for that to happen, but I was hoping to see people embrace the idea that an overall climate change in this place would help lower the heated discussions. If people are a bit more insightful about who each of these avatars are on this forum, most unnecessary discussions wouldn't take place.

So if noone strongly disagrees I'll open these threads in an adequate sub forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
          As long as it doesn't take the form of "he/she didn't call me back and now I'm upset." Just don't make it sound like "Heart and Soul" on tFS. That melodramatic garbage is sickening.

I doubt people would be melodramatic in this forum. People are way too afraid of being percieved as unsophisticated or immature for that to happen.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

funny my family dog died today. very sad. and I almost posted it but thought about this forum. and then I thought better of it

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
            I think a pretty interesting discussion is born from this. Is this really a fashion forum or is it a lifestyle forum? We have pretty sizable threads that focus on music, art, literature, everything from what we eat, drink, and smoke to what we like and dislike about this forum itself.
            We buy and sell things here, we talk about the work we do and even the random acts of kindness we see preformed. We agree, we disagree, and we ban people when they become disagreeable.

I don't know if the reactions to this thread are appropriate because no one said 'bad news' was limited to fucked finances. I spend enough time here that if my dog dies, or I loose a limb or something, I'll probably feel like posting something, but I'm not going to start a separate thread about it. I agree with SombreResplendence on his last remark, and I don't think SZ is anyone's private blog or livejournal or some shit. I don't know, maybe this is the sort of thing that moderators need to weigh in on.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

i'm sorry p. hope it had a good life. <3

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                I can't really say I've met anyone here with an attitude open enough for that to happen, but I was hoping to see people embrace the idea that an overall climate change in this place would help lower the heated discussions. If people are a bit more insightful about who each of these avatars are on this forum, most unnecessary discussions wouldn't take place.

So if noone strongly disagrees I'll open these threads in an adequate sub forum.
                Heirloom doesn't fight...he just wins...
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

whether you post your personal information in WAYWT, beer, random, this thread, or any other thread for that matter is simply an indicator of your style

"heated discussions" and unnecessary discussions are two different things...I'm sure SHYEPOSER can tell you that
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Enaml
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                    Is this really a fashion forum or is it a lifestyle forum? We have pretty sizable threads that focus on music, art, literature, everything from what we eat, drink, and smoke to what we like and dislike about this forum itself.
                    We buy and sell things here, we talk about the work we do and even the random acts of kindness we see preformed. We agree, we disagree, and we ban people when they become disagreeable.
                    Originally posted by merz
                    heated discussion is one of the reasons i frequent this forum. over the years this place has enjoyed high traffic from the parties that offer both heated and insightful discussion, and i don't think the two are ever mutually-exclusive.
                    I think these are really important aspects of SZ. Though I certainly browse the site to learn more about garments and fashion, I have inadvertently also learned a fair amount about film and found a few bands I now listen to quite regularly through others' input on music, among other things.

Though I'd have a hard time saying I don't feel worthy of posting in such a place, I don't often have much to contribute to many of the discussions here, as most regular posters have much more knowledge in these topics than I. I feel SZ is a hotbed of interesting info and opinions on a multitude of topics. It would follow that threads like this have found their way into existence. Whether they are allowed to stay or not is a different matter...

That's my two cents

EDIT: This discussion might best be continued in the Things Liked/Disklied about SZ thread.
                    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                      funny my family dog died today. very sad. and I almost posted it but thought about this forum. and then I thought better of it

Sorry for your loss. I was pretty down when my cat was eaten by a fox.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

wow Vanna, wildlife really seems to be after those close to you, what with your dental higenist being hit by a deer, and now this ?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by galia View Post
                          wow Vanna, wildlife really seems to be after those close to you, what with your dental higenist being hit by a deer, and now this ?
                          one more time for a quote made for the new yorker...

thx, the dog was 15 1/2 and was a good boy

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

I've always had this looming fear that someday I will be impaled by somebodys messenger pigeon.

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                              one more time for a quote made for the new yorker...
                              should I be flattered ? I thought real new yorkers hated the new yorker so I'm not sure how I should take this

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

should I be flattered ? I thought real new yorkers hated the new yorker so I'm not sure how I should take this
                                for their cartoon contests...really where'd you hear that? i've never met a single person in new york that did not the new yorker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎