X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierce4
    • Mar 2010

Here's how Berghain/Panorama Bar works.

Saturday night is when the tourists go. Avoid the place.
    Sunday morning they close the Laboritory and all the gay fettish people move up into Berghain. Berghain closes at around 3 pm on Sunday afternoon and everyone moves up into panorama bar. Thats when the real fun starts. You have the most liberal hedonistic group of people on the planet all in one room. Gay, straight, beatuiful, ugly...all there for one purpose. Its Sunday afternoons/night that the reputation is built on. Everyone there knows each other, its like a community. If your in Berlin try arriving at 4 pm on Sunday afternoon. Then come back to me and say its shit.

Comment

• pierce4
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
      Sorry, but this sounds immensely pretentious.
      Its true though.

Comment

• Arizona
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

I've sadly only been to Berghain twice but I feel I can say it's still a great place. First time was the day after NYE. We went to another party on NYE and then went home to sleep and went to Berghain at about 10 pm. The techno was the hardest I'd ever heard and the crowd was great; a lot of them we'd seen the night before and while we'd showered and had a change of clothes they obviously hadn't.
        I enjoy Panorama as well as the Berghain floor, in fact it is good to be able to get a change from the techno that sometimes gets a bit boring and hear some house instead.

The second time we went quite early like 2am on a saturday night. Lots of annoying tourists just standing around, made it hard to dance. But then at around 6 am these people left and the place filled up with people who were there not for seeing an attraction but for the music.
        Had the best time during the after hours and stayed til 3pm Sunday.

Berghain is still great but go there for after hours.

Comment

• MaxM
          • Sep 2009

Can't you just enjoy both scenes???

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• kbi
            • Feb 2009

you can always keep up a "fuck you"-attitude. Against anything. You will always find an argument somewhere. But at the end of the day there is a basis for critics concerning clubs just as there is for good restaurants. How about making your own experience?

Berghain may have become a label that international clubs use by inviting DJs to get their houses filled but it still is mainly a club and everybody should have been there once even if it's just to drink a coffee at the panorama bar, look at some nice art and enjoy its very own architectural vibe. People like you honestly annoy me. Do you seriously think that you can replace a physical experience through internet-talk? There is still a world out there.

I am myself not a big fan of berghain because it seems that they take the whole hype for granted and most people get treated very badly when they are recognized as tourists by the staff. But I can understand that it should have been more of a hide-out for the gay-scene party culture than a popular trend-spot. However in comparison to other clubs you get an experience for your money. I advise you to make that first before you judge in such a manner.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
              Okay, discussion has lost momentum, if it ever had.

Droogist is apparently into puberty epistemology. And Theaddict writes in a manner to which I cannot respond. Some DJs mentioned are Panoramic, most are Berghainian.

What I'm trying to say is that techno's spirit has faded, particularly as the scene in recent years has grown and hyped. (Soon it will blow like a baloon and Droogist will forget ever listening to techno.) To me, Berghain symbolizes this degeneration of what once was a powerful force of tribal community. This was the global energy of techno – and if Berghain isn't capable of the spiritual transfusion to Malmö, then it does not provide proper techno.

Richie Hawtin understood the hedonistic detriment of techno when Cybersonik played a gig in Holland in 1992. Then the public was seminazi militaristic. Now der Berghain attracts soulless, champagne fountained party people in ass tight black dresses and cocaine up their plastic operated noses. Neither that is techno – and a responsible Berghain should not lend its residents to those mileus, as they have done over and over again just in Malmö.

The problem is Berghain hype. The Berghain name, once perhaps in spirit, is intoxicated by pop culture. Fame dethrones. I'm not into big (Berlin) scenes, I search the small (Malmö) ones, where it's still possible to dance and trust people. Richie Hawtin developed the Plastikman concept for those afterhour sets, with thirty people in a small, smoke-filled room with a deliricly slow strobe.

Der Berghain – the name/concept – has become homologic to Comme des Garçons x H&M.

Do be down
              to the underground!
              This is such bs. You need to go out and enjoy yourself more often; you'd be surprised at how much fun one can have in the most random and perhaps hideous places.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                Sorry, but this sounds immensely pretentious.
                This sums it up best. It's just a club.

Michael Kard, Masugen talks about which clubs he is going to. Which turns your post into bs.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

He's saying he prefers small scenes, where he can dance and trust people.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

So? Can you see the point of your post yourself? Or do you just want to post much?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                      • Feb 2009

So I'm attacked here (again) in this silly old discussion...

I've respected your SZ presence, Michael Kard, and have been nice to you in private mailing. You now disappoint me.

Since last time, I've heard you can buy a Berghain scarf in the wardrobe. That would be something to your CCP coat, wouldn't it? Berghain is for techno hipsters. Berghain is the techno lock.

Berghain DJ Tama Sumo plays tonight in Malmö. I've already heard her suck at the decks to a blank ecstacy of the above mentioned crowd. I'm pleased to go the opposite street, to A Guy Called Gerald. Back to basics! I very much enjoy my nightlife, thank you.
                      Last edited by MASUGNEN; 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎