X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

they packed a ton of features into the S-series so I doubt they'd do anything less with this one. should be interesting!
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

I don't know what I'm looking at but I'm excited about it! looks small and Canon makes great sensor and lenses and stuff.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I'm sure it'll be decent quality, what with the expected sensor. The body itself says entry-level to me though...no dials (the one around the shutter is a mode selector), no flip-out screen, no viewfinder, etc. etc. Not saying any of this is necessary, but if it were intended to compete with the higher end m43's, nex 7, x-pro 1, etc., it would have some of these things.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

yeah I see that - but I would assume there will be an Electronic Viewfinder add-on? and I am not sure how the controls will be and such on it... it would be nice to have F-setting on a wheel, and exposure time and such. I guess that's what you were suggesting though?

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            I'm sure it'll be decent quality, what with the expected sensor. The body itself says entry-level to me though...no dials (the one around the shutter is a mode selector), no flip-out screen, no viewfinder, etc. etc. Not saying any of this is necessary, but if it were intended to compete with the higher end m43's, nex 7, x-pro 1, etc., it would have some of these things.
            yea I agree, the settings seem a bit lackluster, though I have no idea how final these type of leaked images usually are
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

for all we know, this image could be a total fake/prototype/expert photoshop job. Who knows! Anyway, most of the company that have released mirrorless systems have started with a more basic model before releasing something more "pro"...or they released a few at one time, which I'm hoping is the case here. So either Canon wants to target the p&s crowd in hopes that they'll move up a level and spend lots of money on lenses, or they're just testing the waters to see how this one is received in general.

my first camera was similar to this...all on-screen commands. fine for what it is, but not something I'd want to use in Manual unless I had a lot of time to kill.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

hmm!

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPyhM2x9gT8&hd=1
                HMM!

why is an Italian company called PMS Studio News the only ones who have it...
                Last edited by munch; 07-22-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

The screen sounds nice. I'll still wait for the official tests to see how the performance is. I hope they hit it out of the park to give the mirrorless companies some still competition. Prices are getting a bit absurd and they could use a wake up call.

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

B&H are taking pre orders now! Price ain't bad ....

Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

here is best preview so far I think: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-m/

so it really is somewhat simplified, the S series is closer to a DSRL in terms of controls etc...

I guess the camera is aimed at this guy in their promo shots?

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Meh. I'm surprised (although I shouldn't be) at the price...I guess they're only considering Nikon 1 as competition, or the mid-level m43's. Most looking to go mid-level want a viewfinder and manual controls though.

I'm sure it'll still sell well anyway. I look forward to the higher-end models of the future.

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

hmm I dunno, I still kinda like it. they seem to say it works well (the touch screen options) and uh... stuff? I dunno. I guess you guys on a bit higher level than I am! my pentax dslr didn't have a lot of obvious controls without using the screen either...
                          yay or nay for me? I vote for yay but I'm stupid newbie

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by munch View Post
                            hmm I dunno, I still kinda like it. they seem to say it works well (the touch screen options) and uh... stuff? I dunno. I guess you guys on a bit higher level than I am! my pentax dslr didn't have a lot of obvious controls without using the screen either...
                            yay or nay for me? I vote for yay but I'm stupid newbie
                            Nothing at all wrong with the camera for someone who doesn't care about manual controls. The screen looks great...I like the iPhone-style scrolling. The included lens looks nice and tiny.

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

well I kind of do care about manual controls, but the screen has the manual controls right? just a bit less accessible. I haven't shot in auto pretty much ever but I still went and changed settings with the screen...

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                I guess the camera is aimed at this guy in their promo shots?
                                I'm only getting it if Brody McBroster can teach me how to upload my pics directly to instagram

I like the camera. I'll have to check it out in person, is the body about the same size as a g10? It looks a little small to me.
                                Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎