X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

“All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” - Pascal via Boardwalk Empire
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• imho_essno
      • Jun 2013

Whatever happens, we have got
      The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Hilaire Belloc. "The Modern Traveller (1898)".

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

"People say there are other fish in the sea. I say, fuck you; she was my sea."
        -J. Faulkner

"All bad poetry is sincere."
        -O. Wilde
        Last edited by Peasant; 11-27-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• jackg
          • Oct 2011

"Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter"
          -Bernard Baruch

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.

Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Comment

• imho_essno
              • Jun 2013

"I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and it isn't of much value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them."

Boris Pasternak

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ This should be plastered on every corner in SoHo and Williamsburg.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• profondo nero
                  • Aug 2012

The Necessity of Art

In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay.

And unless it wants to break faith with its social function,

art must show the world as changeable. And help to change it.

-Ernst Fischer

Comment

• MJRH
                    • Nov 2006

rebuttal

Number one, everybody should realize that all this “art” and “bop” and “rock-’n’-roll” and whatever is all just a joke and a mistake, just a hunka foolishness so stop treating it with any seriousness or respect at all and just recognize the fact that it’s nothing but a Wham-O toy to bash around as you please in the nursery, it’s nothing but a goddam Bonusburger so just gobble the stupid thing and burp and go for the next one tomorrow; and don’t worry about the fact that it’s a joke and a mistake and a bunch of foolishness as if that’s gonna cause people to disregard it and do it in or let it dry up and die, because it’s the strongest, most resilient, most invincible Superjoke in history, nothing could possibly destroy it ever, and the reason for that is precisely that it is a joke, mistake, foolishness. The first mistake of Art is to assume that it’s serious. —Lester Bangs
                    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• limeade
                      • Feb 2013

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

-J. Robert Oppenheimer on witnessing the first nuclear explosion.

Comment

• imho_essno
                        • Jun 2013

"In reality, there are an infinite number of perspectives, but we act as if there were only one." - Zen Master Dennis Genpo Merzel

Comment

• Apr 2012

Those who have fulfilled the ten stages of bodhisattva practice are no better than hired field hands; those who have attained the enlightenment of the fifty-first and fifty-second stages are prisoners shackled and bound; arhats and pratyekabuddhas are so much filth in the latrine; bodhi and nirvana are hitching posts for donkeys.

- Zen Master Linji

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

-Henry Ford

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist. –Mark Twain
                              sain't

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

I sleep seven hours. If I go to bed at two, I wake up at nine. If I go to bed at midnight, I wake up at seven. I don’t wake up before – the house can fall apart, but I sleep for seven hours.

I think tattoos are horrible. It’s like living in a Pucci dress full-time.

I’m a working-class person, working with class.

I get along with everyone except for men my age, who are bourgeois or retired or boring.

I throw everything away … The most important piece of furniture in a house is the garbage can! I keep no archives of my own, no sketches, no photos, no clothes — nothing! I am supposed to do, I’m not supposed to remember!

Life is not a beauty contest, some [ugly people] are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people. The worst is ugly short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life – they are mean and they want to kill you

I am not a second option person. It is that or nothing. If it is not the way I see it I prefer not to see it.

All by KING KARL
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎