X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

drinking alters your state of consciousness. sometimes that's good and sometimes it's bad..if you can control it, imbibe away. there's really no reason to make an absolute choice, unless, you really have no choice.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
      there's really no reason to make an absolut choice, unless, you really have no choice.
      I took a letter off this sentence and looking at it that way, it makes sense too.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
        I WANT TO LIVE

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE TRUE STRAIGHT EDGE,
        Originally posted by jogu
        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• coup de grace
          x
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by polishmike View Post
          In '99 I got in a fight with Karl from Earth Crisis because he kicked my friend in the head (I shit you not). It took 3 punches to put him on the floor and I was pissed drunk. I single-handedly proved that straight edge is stupid :D Cheers
          i doubt that i was the only one on this board at the earth crisis show in jersey in 96 where ink&dagger mccabe threw yogurt on karl and wore a fur coat on stage. rip.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mortalveneer View Post
            My love of fine wine and rare sour ales consistently vies for supremacy in my expenditures with arte povera ish...

so yes, I drink.
            Same basic idea here. Though, I'm a fan of IPAs too. I am, generally, a fan of beer, wine, whiskey, and lately tequila and mezcal.

I drink and enjoy it quite a bit. That being said, I rarely drink much. If I open a bottle of wine by myself, I never manage to finish it before it goes off. I have 8 bottles of scotch in my bar yet I probably drink 1-2 ounces of scotch a week.

I think, if I tended to drink more when I have a drink, I would be more hesitant to have one. But since I rarely want more than one small tipple, my biggest problem is really more that wine and beer come in such large bottles.

I will of course drink beer of questionable quality in the right situation (last weekend we grabbed the best cans we could find for some of our hikes, but we couldn't find much of note), but that's getting rarer and rarer.
            Last edited by theetruscan; 03-03-2010, 01:16 PM.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• scott.m
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
              this being the other arguement that shows drinking can be a lovely mess, miss you moneytuff

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

I say Drink. Heartily. Liver transplants are a dime a dozen.

Comment

• pierce
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Depends on how you grew up I suppose and what habits you pick up along the way.

Myself and the people I hang around with don't really do much during the week, but then at weekends we let rip. Talking about partying solid for 2-3 days and consuming large amounts of drugs and drink in the process. Not so much as when we were 18, but its still a ritual we do maybe once a month. We are all into music also and this plays a big part in it.
                  Have to say we are all great friends and have the best time and sure you might as well while your young.
                  The only problem I would have is that I get bored very easy if I'm out with people who are not into having a good party.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

Once I transitioned from (a) fairly heavy drinking beginning to interfere with my life to (b) my life beginning to interfere with my fairly heavy drinking, it was time to stop. Totally.

That said, if I could drink normally, I would. As long as its not causing problems in your life, why not?

Comment

• pierce
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

What I found works well is to set limits. One of my friends father is an alcoholic. He used to drink a few glasses of wine after work everyday and then when his wife got sick he started drinking a bottle and then it slowly escalated. I know "binge" drinking is meant to be worse, but I am more afraid of drinking everyday and how it might progress into larger amounts later on in life.

Strecharoo, I suppose you had to stop if it got to that stage, but I can't imagine what it must be like to cut out partying that drastic. Especially if your friends are all still doing it.

Comment

• thaiison
                        • Dec 2009

I usually go out and drink once or twice a week with my friends, I do have more fun at the time when drinking but more than sometimes it gets out of hand for me. I've tried and lately those horrible nights with too much alcohol have decreased. I never drink at home, i don't like alcohol that much, though in special occasions like when the family is having friends over I definitely share a glass of wine with them.

I don't think i will stop drinking for a long time, I do have more fun during it and I do appreciate good wine and well made drinks. Recently i've certainly started drinking less and nowadays I like to sit in a lounge with great friends and have a couple of good drinks rather than go out and have those bad nights I lack of memory the day after.

Comment

• pierce
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

Horrible for me would be falling all over the place, but think that has only happened to me once or twice.

We couldn't hang around together thaiison, I get so bored sitting around talking when I could be out partying. Sure its fine for a thursday, but at the weekend?

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                            • Jan 2007

I'm a 20 year old student living in the UK, so there's pretty much no way around drinking if I want to have a social life. Not that I'm complaining

I tend to take it a bit too far, but I've learned to appreciate hangovers. Also I can count my bad experiences with alcohol on one hand, so it's ok. There are times where a night is perfect without any alcohol, but they're not that common.
                            Originally posted by jogu
                            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by pierce View Post
                              Strecharoo, I suppose you had to stop if it got to that stage, but I can't imagine what it must be like to cut out partying that drastic. Especially if your friends are all still doing it.
                              You've got to learn to go out without drinking. Not that I don't drink when I go out, but I don't need to have a drink when I do. Requiring drinking for going out is never good.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                                I have a beer or two a month just 'cause.

But on the whole, I don't drink or do drugs cause there isn't much need to, in my individual case. I'm crazier as my usual self than anybody I've ever seen on either of the above.
                                I know exactly what you mean.

I drink socially. Last time was a few weeks ago. I drink maybe once or twice a month.
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎