Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

come on guys...no alcoholics in here? I drink...wayyyyyy too much. I could really give a rats ass what i drink. I don't drink to wind down, because i like the taste, or because i nice libation is part of my lifestyle. No, I drink because beer is my only friend (and enemy) i've ever had that's been a sure thing in my life. Sure, it's ruined multiple relationships and got me in a lot of trouble, a hellllll of a lot of trouble...but life is pretty boring without it...i mean come on. Plus, it's the fruit of the devil, it's so hard to say no. Hell, weekend benders...how about half-year benders? In 2010 I hit it pretty hard, I was WHEELS OFF....I would say from July - December I was sober for a total of 3 weeks. No BS. This year I'm going to tone it down. I'm the type of person who won't drink for half a year to a year - maybe more - then I'll just go hard for months at a time. It can be a good time, but it'll for sure tear you up. This last bender was certainly me going out pretty much every night and I had just moved to NY so I wasn't staying home all day drunk dialing by myself. I met a lot of people, chased some tail, and overall, I don't regret a damn thing. But yeah, as you get older you gotta watch out - I certainly don't PLAN on doing that again, I wish I never touched the thing...I'm a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE drunk - crap mouth, violent, don't go to sleep, etc. And combined with smoking it really tears you up...I could go on and on, but I love beer, I love women, I love music, I love to party, I love to smoke, so combining them all at the same time is a no- brainer. BUT, this year and hopefully from now on, i'll be able to control myself a bit more as it really did destroy some things for me.

Comment

• Myran Li
      • Jul 2010

I drink twice every week, every Fri and Sat night, and I get drunk every time.

Comment

• Skye X
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Liquid View Post
        Never even had a sip of alcohol in my life and never looked back. Guess that's what happens when you have a christian alcoholic mom and an atheist straight-edge dad.

Not drinking definitely labels you as a rebel around almost anywhere. It's a small price to pay for me, I'm not sure about other people.

I don't think drinking is a bad thing, I think it's a reasonable adaptation to our situation. But the situation is bad, ideally we should work towards a social infrastructure that can be sustainable without drinking.
        Wow, epic family. Your dad sounds like a rad guy. Do you claim edge too, or just not drink? I grew up in the rave scene, and didn't get in to punk and hardcore until my 20s, so I had no idea what straightedge was. I was just the raver who didn't get fucked up. I've just never felt the need to alter my perception of reality. I can have tons of fun AND get into ridiculous mischief on my own, thank you very much!

So, good on you for sticking with your decision!

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Laughed that was some of the realest shit ever wrote in here. Good luck with sobriety, and I mean it.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Eternal View Post
            I think this could be a great never ending discussion, but I would like to understand every single opinion out there. Lately I have been thinking about stopping drinking, because what it does to my body can hardly be any good ( although they claim a glass of wine a day is healthy).

I´m pretty much over drinking stuff for the sake of drinking, and I only drink alcoholic beverages I really like. I could quit drinking random beer at this moment, same goes for most spirits, but I feel I will be missing out on a lot of beer, some whiskeys and most importantly, wine.

To drink or not? Why do you choose to drink, or not to drink?
            For me I´m most afraid to be let out because of the cultural aspect of drinking, but I don´t think it´s a great culture aspect that you have to get drunk every time you´re going to have some fun.

Please let me know if this thread is inappropriate, or just not needed.
            I don't drink at all. Not only do i not like most drinks ( ones packed with sugar and cheap beers), my grandfather was an ahcolohlic who ended up committing suicide. Several family members had a history of alcoholism, my uncle who i've never met in my life, My grandfather on the other side, and my mothers uncle.

There is a good chance that i might be an alcoholic since it runs in the family, but it hasn't happened yet which im thankful for.

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

I'm rather partial to this stuff:

Drink it neat

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

laughed: I admire your determination. I'm trying to quit some things as well, and it's a humbling experience...
                I think nit's neat when people never get intoxicated, but it's hard for me not to. I get bored too easily, and I really like the woozy feeling.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  I have a beer or two a month just 'cause.

But on the whole, I don't drink or do drugs cause there isn't much need to, in my individual case. I'm crazier as my usual self than anybody I've ever seen on either of the above.

This is the exact reason why i don't really drink more than a half a drink every couple weeks, and only started drinking after i was 25. Also, its poison.

Comment

• laughed
                    • Jul 2009

meh....guess that explains why i always thought Dali was corny and Pollock was the real deal.

Comment

• ImaPro
                      • Oct 2010

I personally dont like to drink , i liek some wines that i have once in a long while but thats about it.
                      Originally posted by merz
                      ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                        • Jan 2010

On my 15th day without drinking. Not giving it up for good, but figured I'd give my body a break for a month or so. It's going well so far, but I'm drinking too much coffee and not enough water and green tea.
                        THE HOUSE OF DIS
                        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

I drink, I like to drink. I always serve wine or beer with dinners I host, and usually serve cocktails or liquors with desserts when I serve them. I really dislike feeling drunk (don't mind tipsy), so unless there are some truly stunning drinks around I'm not going to end up getting drunk.

I find that taking a two week stretch every six weeks where I drink no alcohol, very little coffee, and strictly healthy food helps keep me feeling much better when I do end up having a few too many glasses of wine or that "just one more" cocktail.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

I drink beer roughly 4 days a week. And on the weekends it's excessively. Got hammered last night and lost my WM ring. Two weeks ago I lost my Doma beanie. I'm done. Really would love to stop completely, but it's Play-off season.

My buddy fasts from New Years through spring and his health clearly improves during that time. I'm jealous of his will power.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

This is very puzzling.

I was raised in a country where people from all over go during the summer to party and children may access alcohol as long as they able to ask for it at the local kiosk... I've been drunk many times for various reasons, including binge drinking, a good wine and a nice company, etc.

What I never managed to understand though (and this is even more confusing to me now that I live in the UK, a country full of sad alcoholics) is why is it such a big deal? Why does drinking have to be so important, and such a "dangerous" thing to do while being so attractive and "cool" at the same time?

Maybe it has something to do with it being hard to get to when you're young, or maybe they just hate their lives so much? Who knows. For all I know, addictions are something people should be trying to get rid off and, let's be practical here, there's absolutely no reason to drink whatsoever.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

yeah, i eat and drink like a madman, madmen, during football playoffs. after the superbowl i go on the cleanse and start running, working out - eat healthy as ever, etc. until the summer usually.
                                i havent been getting too hammered but i have been drinking multiple cold ones while watching NFL network, gearing up for the Super Bowl....oh yeah, I'm going btw...so that has a lot to do with my current state of being a mad man....madman, madmen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎