• ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: What are you listening to?

old glory also put out the jeromes dream 10" WAH WAH WAH skramz
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Re: What are you listening to?

[quote user="destroyed"]

i geeked out a couple weekends ago when i ran into the bassist of policy of three; i wasn't starstruck, exactly, but it cheered me!</p>

[/quote]</p>

bull? where?</p>

Comment

• giantreptile
        • Jun 2008

[quote user="qnc.hst"]

on the boris "tip"... anyone here into Corrupted? I guess it might depend on what wavelength of the boris spectrum you enjoy, but I prefer 'em at least 6.66 to 1.
        </P>

[/quote]</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

yeah, they are pretty good. i like systematic death too. </P>

and to the dude that recognized the bassist/singer from policy of three? how in the freakin' world did you manage to do that??? i can't even remember what some dude in a band looks like two weeks ago let alone 12 years ago. i'm not being mean, i'm just really in awe you were able to do that.</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• destroyed
          • Nov 2006

A flea market in Philadelphia. I would have bought a record from him if there was one I wanted that I didn't already have. I interviewed him through the mail more than ten years ago for a zine. I thought I was being clever, asking him about bull-fighting.</p>

[8-|]</p>

</p>
          broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

boris was so sick. they basically played all of smile, which i thought was just ok on record, but i have a new found appreciation for it now. it's an album that needs to be heard live for sure. torche was also sick, but boris was sicker.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]I need to see Boris live....
              [/quote]</p>

There is only one true Boris.</p>

</p>
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                • Mar 2007

today:</p>

My Dying Bride - Light at the end of the World &amp;
                thisgenerationtapes.muxtape.com
                </p>

glad to hear boris killed it as usual. great band. and i agree, the more echoplex the better. thats my favorite part of COF. Loved when i saw them live on the blue cathedral tour along with wolf eyes (who fucking destroyed)</p>

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                  • Mar 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]old glory also put out the jeromes dream 10" WAH WAH WAH skramz
                  [/quote]</p>

i love that band. i love the orchid skull split.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

everything up until that split with one am radio was decent. when he started using the mic, the shit was total garbage. </p>

i saw them once with oxes back 2001 and that's when they started using the mic. it was so bad. not only did the singer have a huge ridiculous beehive (i have a friend who lived with him and said he took forever to get ready), but also sang like kermit the frog. anton bordman also played that show and they were uber sick.
                    </p>

i had two copies of the skull 10". i sold one before the skramz recession. </p>

the only skramz band from that era i can bother to listen to is city of caterpillar. still the best band in that era that i still like and was blown away when i saw. thankfully i have multiple copies of that 7" on level plane, but lost the demo. the first time i saw them was in seattle with CHAMPION. haha!
                    </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

now: </p>

hototogisu - floating japanese oof! of the 21st century</p>

i have this in 3xlp form on destijl and it's so fucking good (also very lmtd!). i haven't listened to it in ages, but i found the mp3's of it online and i'm so glad i found it.</p>

if you want the mp3's of this awesome record holla.
                      </p>

Comment

• destroyed
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]boris was so sick. they basically played all of smile, which i thought was just ok on record, but i have a new found appreciation for it now. it's an album that needs to be heard live for sure. torche was also sick, but boris was sicker.
                        [/quote]

what did you think of clouds?
                        broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

missed clouds. the show started at a ridiculously early time of 7pm.

Comment

• giantreptile
                            • Jun 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

everything up until that split with one am radio was decent. when he started using the mic, the shit was total garbage. </P>

i saw them once with oxes back 2001 and that's when they started using the mic. it was so bad. not only did the singer have a huge ridiculous beehive (i have a friend who lived with him and said he took forever to get ready), but also sang like kermit the frog. anton bordman also played that show and they were uber sick.
                            </P>

i had two copies of the skull 10". i sold one before the skramz recession. </P>

the only skramz band from that era i can bother to listen to is city of caterpillar. still the best band in that era that i still like and was blown away when i saw. thankfully i have multiple copies of that 7" on level plane, but lost the demo. the first time i saw them was in seattle with CHAMPION. haha!
                            </P>

[/quote]</P>
                            <P mce_keep="true"></P>

funny, I didn't know what 'skramz' was, then looked it up. man, i feel old and out of touch. not only did i totally miss this newly crowned name of 'authentic' emo, but when I looked up the definition, i kind of laughed at the examples that were given. they used second and third generation emo/screamo bands. i would have expected names like struggle, swing kids, groundwork, heroin, angel hair, threadbare, etc. i realize thatthe authenticy or originationis probably eternally debated, but geez where was I when the new term came about? sheesh, i'm just glad i caught this new wave or revival of thrash that's been happening with bands like municipal waste.</P>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i just googled skramz and saw the urban dictionary definition! haha. i use it as a joke with my friends not knowing of this new term. i may have to use another word now. </p>

municipal waste played nyc the other day with at the gates. </p>

btw, did you ever see those san diego bands back in the day?
                              </p>

Comment

• giantreptile
                                • Jun 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i just googled skramz and saw the urban dictionary definition! haha. i use it as a joke with my friends not knowing of this new term. i may have to use another word now. </P>

municipal waste played nyc the other day with at the gates. </P>

btw, did you ever see those san diego bands back in the day?
                                </P>

[/quote]</P>
                                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

yeah, i was around to see all those bands. as well as all the straight edge ones too (never saw judge though, :(). swing kids i had to drive from colorado to ohio for dayton fest to see them (i think that was '94?) it takes a lot for me these days to be wowed by a band. unfortunate, really. i'm hoping the boris/torche/clouds will be a good one tonight.</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎