Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ classic
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
        • Apr 2007

Now that's a classic. Me and my suite-mate have a "Daily album" thing going on where we enforce ourselves to listen to a new album 4-5 times for one day. In the beginning it was a bit too much, but lately we are really appreciating the intensity.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
          • Nov 2008

we're not starcrossed, just unlucky. ;)

i gotta stop posting my picks. giving away the next episode. <cough> not that i would be doing anything that involves episodes or whatnot <cough cough>,

and yeah, koen's record is beautiful...really gets me. the new forthcoming mountains is a fucking stunner. record of the year when it comes out. a shame it's not being released until feb, as it's perfect for these golden autumn days.

-joshua...

Originally posted by qnc.hst View Post
          Damn, I think mebbe just mebbe I've got you figured out as well. It's been a long time since I've sipped codeine by the cigarette machine, if that makes any kind of sense...

If it does, I say nice work as well... if not, well, nice picks above anyhow.

Current listening: WFMU archives
          Last nights listening: V/A - 1970's Algerian Proto-Rai, Der TPK - Harmful Emotions, Los Llamarada - The Exploding Now! (gotta snag the new one ASAP)

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

the fall - blindness

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
              • Apr 2007

Zito Righi - Alucinolandia

Insanely rare psychabeat from Brazil. One of those few records that has introspectiveness and sunshine in one package.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by merz
                ah hey, another der tpk listener. now i'll have to check Los Llamarada out as well.
                Yeah, I love that Der TPK record. I can't believe I almost lost it a while back. Giving it a few listens before probably putting it away for the season, as I tend to think of it more as a hot-n-humid slumpfest.

I definitely recommend Los Llamarada. They've got a similar heatstroke-punk thing going to these ears, though definitely putting their own bouquet on the fug palette. The next step after this stuff is Car Commercials... though I haven't received my copy of their new one yet...

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                we're not starcrossed, just unlucky. ;)

i gotta stop posting my picks. giving away the next episode. <cough> not that i would be doing anything that involves episodes or whatnot <cough cough>,

and yeah, koen's record is beautiful...really gets me. the new forthcoming mountains is a fucking stunner. record of the year when it comes out. a shame it's not being released until feb, as it's perfect for these golden autumn days.

-joshua...
                Ah, my ears are watering for the hinted-at treasures. I was worried for a while there... my iTunes subscription kept giving me an anxious exclamation mark, so I thought things might be "done". Glad to hear otherwise...

Also, agreed on that Koen record. Is the Mountains record you refer to different from the recent Catsup Plate release? I have a copy of that en route hopefully pretty soon. Looking forward to it...

Spins last nite:
                Muravchix - Replicant's Lament
                Rustie/Joker - Play Doe / Rustie - Tempered
                HudMo - All City 6x7
                Sun Ra - Lanquidity
                I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                  • Apr 2007

I didn't know that a new release from Mountains was in the work at all, but maybe Joshua has better connections.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

no, it'll never be done. i just don't like to force it. i'm a busy guy and it's something i like to do when the inspiration strikes. it's slowed down, but only because my time and energy is invested elsewhere. but i'm always thinking about the program, and listening and researching and pulling tracks.

but yr patience is much appreciated. this current episode is killing me though...under a lot of pressure and deadlines with other things so i'm having a difficult time focusing.

re: mountains. i was supposed to keep hush about this, but a quick google shows that they've already announced it. the new mountains lp, "choral" comes out in february on thrill jockey. it's fucking stunning. yes, it's different in tone than the catsup plate lp. it's not unlike "sewn" - but it's a bit of a slow burner. it reveals itself a bit slower, but when it hits, it hits damn hard. it's a tremendously beautiful and emotionally rich record. thrill jockey's description is pretty apt, but it still doesn't do the album justice.

anyways. i'm super proud of those guys...they totally deserve this.

edit: also, a room forever is now officially distributed by thrill jockey. need to update the website one of these days.
                    Last edited by hamletpowpowpow; 11-12-2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Fade
                      • Sep 2008

Bjork - Pagan Poetry

i can hear the carillon's melody for hours and days....something wonderful

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                        • Apr 2007

I finally managed to complete my collection of Petre Inspirescu, and I am having a first listen of his complete works (so far!) in chronological order. Very interesting - highly recommended to all who lost faith in minimal!

I consider him the best producer in ar:pi:ar, and probably the final chile-funk producer, now that deep house is trampling over the last barricades of minimal.

Comment

• D_S
                          • Jul 2008

Just passed from Vivaldi, Cello Viola d'Amore Lute - Allegro to the The Dictators, Faster and Louder. Wonderful energy transition :)

Comment

• maldoror
                            • Jun 2007

burial hex - initiations . . . river of los all night

Comment

• qnc.hst
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                              burial hex - initiations . . . river of los all night
                              Noice. Just caught Clay as part of a big jam group opening for Sunburned. At least I think he was up there, he was definitely at the show...
                              I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

wasn't that dude clay in some freak folk band. clay ruby or something? i remember seeing them with with all the finnish bands.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎