• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meowz
    • Oct 2008

currently listening:
    Don ross -Passion session

Yoko Kanno & the seatbelts -cowboy bebop ost 2
    Last edited by Meowz; 11-17-2008, 08:23 AM.
    Hello there~

I am a cat.. or rather I want to be a cat..

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

Thomas Dybdahl... Stay Home With Me

Stay home with me
      Never look back
      I won't let you down
      I won't make a sound
      If you stay home with me
      I'd never let go
      I won't do you harm
      I'd never go far
      Just stay home with me

Stay home with me
      Never look back
      I won't let you down
      I won't make a sound
      If you stay home with me
      I'd never let go
      I won't do you harm
      I'd never go far
      Just stay home with me

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fade
        • Sep 2008

Final Fantasy - The CN Tower belongs to the dead

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
          • Apr 2007

Strange, I was just listening to the in-game music of Final Fantasy VII, or more precisely, Underworld23's Top 50 of RPG Map Themes.

Makes my inner geek happy.

A prophecy: In 20-30 years or so all the heads will be listening to re-issues of 90s and 2000s game soundtracks. Mark my words.

Comment

• Staton Viguier
            • Jan 2008

Main - Hydra-calm (highly recommended)
            Lungfish - Talking songs for walking

Has anyone heard the new Wilderness?

Comment

• black horizons
              • Jan 2008

currents

Mara'akate - one-sided LP
              Tecumseh and Conifer both new full lengths on Important
              Corrupted live
              Blue Sabbath Black Cheer anything
              Oscillating Innards - Grey Variables LP
              Italian prog

found many wonderful and obscure choices in this thread! should not have expected any less from the Zeitgeist I guess.
              www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz
                was talking about this with some people recently, the verdict is a thumbs down.
                eh.. Perhaps it was to be expected. Their distinct sound, so thoroughly and stunningly exemplified on wilderness and vessel states, didn't seem all that conducive to dilation.

Nevertheless, their two earlier efforts remain as vivid and beguiling as ever.

Current listening:
                Kammerflimmer Kollektief - Absenscen
                James Plotkin & KK Null - Aurora
                Monno - Error (unnerving sludge)

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                  • Nov 2008

going through old posts, and woah. hold yr horses there. that's a name i haven't heard in ages. i grew up with those kids, used to play in bands with them. i didn't think anyone outside of baltimore would have heard of them.

the band guy was in prior to the day of man as man was a pretty amazing hardcore band called "behind closed doors" who put out one one-sided lp on vermin scum and were on a reptillian records comp 7". that band changed my life, for sure. ah, to be 17 again.

thanks for uploading that 7"...yr really, really pushing my buttons. i should upload that behind closed doors stuff...

Originally posted by sharkweek View Post
                  the day of man as man - 7"

Comment

• Fade
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by skecr8r_l8r View Post
                    Strange, I was just listening to the in-game music of Final Fantasy VII, or more precisely, Underworld23's Top 50 of RPG Map Themes.

Makes my inner geek happy.

A prophecy: In 20-30 years or so all the heads will be listening to re-issues of 90s and 2000s game soundtracks. Mark my words.
                    Man you're an horacle...i can clearly imagine the Super Mario or Donkey soundtrack on the top billboard and in all rappers features, it's a distopic idea for sure!

Anyway i wasn't a big fan of RPG, but when i finished FF-X i was listening this song and it made me so sad that i almost cried...very naif and strange composition:
                    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=CPHbLp...eature=related

Comment

• sharkweek
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                      going through old posts, and woah. hold yr horses there. that's a name i haven't heard in ages. i grew up with those kids, used to play in bands with them. i didn't think anyone outside of baltimore would have heard of them.

the band guy was in prior to the day of man as man was a pretty amazing hardcore band called "behind closed doors" who put out one one-sided lp on vermin scum and were on a reptillian records comp 7". that band changed my life, for sure. ah, to be 17 again.

thanks for uploading that 7"...yr really, really pushing my buttons. i should upload that behind closed doors stuff...
                      I only ever really heard of the day of man as man because I'm a huge cex/rjyan kidwell fan. I got the 7's just to give them a listen, turns out they were really fucking good.

you should most definitely upload the behind closed doors stuff, I'd love to hear it!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i have the behind closed doors 12" in mp3 format. i'll upload it tomorrow.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

confessor - collapse & uncontrolled demos, which prompted two thoughts:

1) this shit is still ahead of its time. so weirdly kick ass.
                          2) I either forgot or never knew how infinitely superior the production is on these demos than condemned.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                            • Nov 2008

man, that's insane. i can't believe anyone outside of baltimore would have even heard of any of this stuff. seemed like such an insular world at the time. but yeah, behind closed doors...guy was a huge influence on me as a musician...and he was a good three or four years younger than all of us. some of the best live shows i've ever seen. sadly, the 12" doesn't really capture them...they were really bass driven, and unfortunately, it's mixed really low on the lp. i know they have at least five or six songs that were never released. i've been after guy or tonie to put it out...but alas, tonie thinks he lost the master, last i spoke with him.

but yeah, give it up for old school baltimore hardcore.

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            i have the behind closed doors 12" in mp3 format. i'll upload it tomorrow.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

giving it up for old school baltimore (ok, and annapolis) hardcore:

Universal Order Of Armageddon "Visible Distance" live 09/17/1994 in Denver, Colorado @ Grimace Warehouse

it never got better than this. even today, no one even comes close to how amazing these guys were. i'll throw down on this one, if i have to.

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post

but yeah, give it up for old school baltimore hardcore.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

guy = entrance. lawlz.

behind closed doors does rule. convocation of... was great too on that one gsl 12". afterwards kinda blah.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎