• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
    make-up - save yourself

really wish i had been able to see Ian Svenonius when he was in his prime and all cracked out (probably still cracked out i guess). i don't think he's even been through houston since i've been of age.
    Dude (at least used to) lives in DC. I've seen him at shows and stuff. He actually sleazily hit on a friend of mine a while back at some DC show (one of the free Fort Reno ones I think).

Rather fitting for his character honestly.
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• D_S
      • Jul 2008

The sword of time will pierce our skin, It doesnt hurt when it begins, but as it works it's way on in, the pain grow stronger watch it grin,

Once every six months or so I come back to this song, close my eyes and loop it. Lovely.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
        • Nov 2008

steel pole bathtub. major, major kudos on this one. tip o' the hat to ya, q.

for some reason i don't recall, for me, that band will always be associated with this band:
        This is a video made in 1994 for the album "On You" by Athens, GA band the Jack-O-Nuts.This video features the incomparable Laura Carter, formerly of the Bar...

edit: if any of you have a lead on that record - i'd love a copy. lost mine years ago.

edit 2: this is quite possibly the best music video ever made:
        Produced, Directed & Edited by Tony CiarrocchiDirector of Photography Elizabeth SmithOnline Editor Tony Amos1992Shorty:Alan S. Johnson -- VocalsMark Shippy -...

Originally posted by merz

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
          • Nov 2008

no no, i have the steel pole bathtub stuff. i was talking about the jack-o-nuts full length lp "on you"...so damn good. if you like steel pole bath tub, you'll most certainly dig them. it's very jesus lizard/scratch acid/southern fried birthday party fronted by a psychotic woman. i've thrown them into the podcast before...something i really associate with being 16 and the fall season.

for those of you talking about deerhunter - met the singer once, we started talking about jack-o-nuts (as they were from atlanta) and he was telling me how their singer, laura carter was a huge influence on him.

which record? if you'd like miracle of sound in motion, i think that can be arranged. thought the first video could've held that title before i went to look at the second link - i don't know how to express my gratitude enough at this present time.

you weren't kidding.

Comment

• Sergei_S
            • Jan 2008

Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains

A rock part of Death from above 1979. Highly recommended. ))
            I got weapons

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Kate Bush... Breathing

Breathing,
              Out, in, out, in, out...
              Breathing it in,
              Breathing my mother in,
              Breathing my beloved in,
              Breathing it in,
              Breathing her nicotine,
              Breathing it in,
              Breathing the fall-out in,
              Out in, out in, out in, out in,
              Out in, out in, out in, out...
              Out!

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• electric_alyce
                • Mar 2008

Soho Dolls - Ribbed Music for the Numb Generation

I'm so happy it hurts
                I'm so happy you smile
                I'm so happy you flirt
                And for this I'd crawl one mile

Grant me this final wish
                I wanna put you in a trance
                I wanna be your poisoned dish
                All sick senses enhanced
                Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

'parently Jesus Lizard reunites for a few shows... I need to figure out where and I'm pretty damn sure it won't be Vancouver.

listening:

Black Dice - Beaches & Canyons
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                    • Nov 2008

i dunno. the crowds at their shows right before they split were god awful. frats and jocks...but still...i mean, fuuuuuuuuuuck. to see those guys again...all we need is drive like jehu to reform next.

fucking sleep are playing holy mountain at that all tomorrows parties event as well. and apparently they won't be touring...

really regretting deferring my move to london...almost.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    'parently Jesus Lizard reunites for a few shows... I need to figure out where and I'm pretty damn sure it won't be Vancouver.

listening:

Black Dice - Beaches & Canyons

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                      • Nov 2008

hah. i don't have cable - don't suppose you have a link for this? i hope those guys made some nice cash off of that.

logical progression indeed - current listening (i'm regressing a bit here) crain - heater.

PM'ed. strangely enough the person who got me a copy of 'on you' some years back is supposedly parting with his collection, so there is decent chance of me scoring another one.

reason for bringing up/playing steel pole lately, if one was ever needed, came in the form of a television advert campaign for the upcoming 'Left 4 Dead' zombie survival game, spots of which use 'Train to Miami' & 'Borstal'. it came quite unexpectedly, given that steel pole wasn't exactly a well-known bunch even back when they were active.

& on this subject, currently on a kick of pain teens, distorted pony and thinking fellers. somehow it seemed like a logical progression.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Shelley Duvall - He Needs Me

i feel like watchin Punch Drunk Love right now...haven't seen it in a while.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Magician
                          • Jul 2008

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Jon
                            • Apr 2008

Qui came to town and it caused a slight commotion, but I never bothered to check it out. and that's the closest I've ever been to the jesus lizard...

But seriously, sleep and the jesus lizard? and I've heard drive like jehu rumours since hot snakes broke up... ATP has to be throwing money at these bands. It's mysterious how they all come out of the woodwork for the shows...

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                            i dunno. the crowds at their shows right before they split were god awful. frats and jocks...but still...i mean, fuuuuuuuuuuck. to see those guys again...all we need is drive like jehu to reform next.
                            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

While painting, listening to 13 Songs- Fugazi. Sing it to me Ian.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• sharkweek
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
                                While painting, listening to 13 Songs- Fugazi. Sing it to me Ian.
                                I've just finished painting for the night, listening to Earth 2 by Earth

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎