Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deleuze
    • Jul 2007

Saw Deerhunter last month. Mindblowing. Totally different band live. Dare I say louder and more immersive than MBV.

Right now listening to FAC 14

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
      Saw Deerhunter last month. Mindblowing. Totally different band live. Dare I say louder and more immersive than MBV.

Right now listening to FAC 14
      Dare you say not!!!! I saw My Bloody Valentine when they just came through NYC. I have not seen anything compared to that experience, so not even close in my opinion! If you read back you will see my explanation about the vibrations and my esophagus wanting explode in my throat and having to close my eyes to make it through. So, definitely not there with this one. But i will say it was quite good this evening. He was quite funny actually. I was motivated to move my body and that is always a good thing.
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Deerhunter was one of the best shows I've seen.. They were like a wall of sound. But I really loved Broken Social Scene, my first concert, a long time ago, and Do Make Say Think was incredible as well. Never saw MBV though. Not sure if I missed them or if they didn't come through Vancouver.

..And Radiohead, too.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

Svarte Greiner - Depardieu
          Last edited by Oh weh mir; 12-09-2008, 04:26 AM. Reason: lacking in a responsive R key
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Silver
            • Sep 2008

For any of you Jazz heads out there.. this is killer....

Sabu Martinez
            'Burned Sugar'

"JESUS H. CHRISTO! This is the heaviest Funky Afro Latin Jazz record you have ever heard. Not only that - it's never been released before. This is Sabu's band from his legendary Afro Temple album recorded at a session for Swedish radio in 1973. It is UNBELIEVABLE. Heavy, heavy, heavy funky jazz. Vinyl is limited to 1000 copies worldwide. 100% Essential!!!"

http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

boris - heavy rocks
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ambition
                • May 2008

Comment

• qnc.hst
                  • Oct 2007

Lotsa stuff getting posted up that is on my to-hear list. Klang, both of those last two got me piqued. I've got a few Andrew Chalk solo releases on his label and love 'em all, how is that release compared to his other stuff (Blue Eyes of the March, Goldfall, The River That Flows Into the Sands, etc.)? And re: Kazuki Tomokawa has been on the must-hear list for far too long... the Kan Mikami comparisons I've heard are makin' me drool...

Haven't heard that Svarte Greiner 7" but looking forward to his Man Bird Dress LP. Also want to hear more of that Sabu Martinez stuff. All over the place on this one.

Current listening: James Ferraro - DMT
                  I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                    • Sep 2006

Hush Arbors - Self titled album

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

isn't that dude james ferraro a rip off asshole? i saw skaters once, they were alright. it was all OOWWWWWWOWWWWWNGGGGOWOWOWWWWWWWNG for like 30 minutes. i have their first lp that's totally OOP. i should sell it on ebay.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                        • Oct 2007

Yeah, I can see 'im being a bit, er, divisive. I dunno, the skaters stuff is certainly much diff then what I've heard of his solo work (I think I remember sharity links getting posted up here some months ago for a chunk of his work on some blog)... their sound is definitely, as you say, more "OoOoOhWaaao", esp. round that Dark Rye Bread release that might be what yr talking about? I dunno. But I like a lot of that stuff myself, I guess. I like a lot of his solo work more, there's certainly a cheep "watchin' betamax in the semi-finished cosmic basement" vibe that maybe you love or hate, but I'm on the love side fer sher.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

yeah, i have the dark rye bread lp when they were slowly getting hyped. i mean they're not bad, granted i haven't heard them in a long as time, but i prefer double leopards over these guys. thankfully i was able to see double leopards once before they broke up and began doing sub-par stuff.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                            • Oct 2007

the parallels in our nu wyrd amehrcahn experiences are kinda odd... I, too, caught skaters once and double leopards exactly once. I wholeheartedly agree that post-dub lep actions by the former members have been less than stellar. When I caught Workbench (Mike Bernstein) play with Hive Mind, it was insane how much more awesome Hive Mind was. And now the whole Ecstatic Peace trend of these units tracking straight songz... 'cause I HATE songz... it is too much.

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                              • Apr 2007

Mike Huckaby's "Deep Transportation" I & II. Hand's down the most excellent dub producer right now.
                              Next up is Fennesz - Endless Summer.

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by qnc.hst View Post
                                Haven't heard that Svarte Greiner 7" but looking forward to his Man Bird Dress LP
                                just placed my man bird dress order with forced exposure on friday. I'm not crazy about the recent penpals forever or til seters releases (too generic dark ambient lush synthy furniture music), but still have high hopes for this. also PSYCHED for the new xela release, which, I just realized, came out today. off to the record store . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎