• Nov 2006

want!
      broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

silence. and it is glorious.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

fennesz -black sea
          Last edited by ddohnggo; 12-12-2008, 03:21 PM.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• destroyed
            • Nov 2006

you are a gentleman and a scholar
            broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
              • Apr 2007

whats up with sharing new albums from artists who aren't making any money? will everyone please step up their fucking game. the cd is like $15. and mp3 release even less. anyone want me to share my new very limited "June" lp by him?

i won't talk on faust's behalf, but i can hardly imagine him being thrilled by illegal sharing on SZ.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by skecr8r_l8r View Post
                whats up with sharing new albums from artists who aren't making any money? will everyone please step up their fucking game.
                sorry, i spent my money on cluthinz
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I'm not asking for people to only list music I've heard of. I was genuinely curious about the music because people are discussing band after band I have never heard of. I do appreciate the descriptions in the last page, helps me determine if it's something I should check out or not. Merely listing one obscure band after another though is as totally pointless as making a huge list of recent purchases (and we've all seen what happens to those people).

Anway, it seems like my question was answered and many of these bands are hardcore/post-hardcore/noise rock befitting the SZ aesthetic. Not my cup of tea, so I will continue to live in ignorance of 95% of the bands discussed on here.

I'm delighted by the mention of Steve Reich, however. I just finished zoning out to Glass's "Music in Similar Motion." Everyone I know gets totally annoyed with this music but I find it calming.

Originally posted by destroyed View Post
                  There just wouldn't be any point to this thread if everyone said, "I'm listening to the new Kanye" "Me, too" "I, too, am listening to Kanye West" "The new Kanye is on my iPod" "I listen to Kanye whilst exercising on the stairmaster" "Last night, I listened to Kanye as I prepared dinner" "Kanye has been on repeat..."
                  music

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                    • Apr 2007

should have guessed people were too fast to reply before i edited my post, was a bit quick to press reply. i don't really care on a personal level, but:

i won't talk on faust's behalf, but i can hardly imagine him being thrilled by illegal sharing on SZ.

merz: doesn't seem like it if multiple people who love drone didn't pick up the new fennesz.

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by merz
                      surely you jest.

edit: by no means bad stuff, but i don't think it goes anywhere near low in spirit or substance.
                      I felt guilty writing it...shouldnt be mentioned together but I really like this album and its vague sonic similarities to Low.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        I'm not asking for people to only list music I've heard of. I was genuinely curious about the music because people are discussing band after band I have never heard of. I do appreciate the descriptions in the last page, helps me determine if it's something I should check out or not. Merely listing one obscure band after another though is as totally pointless as making a huge list of recent purchases (and we've all seen what happens to those people).

Anway, it seems like my question was answered and many of these bands are hardcore/post-hardcore/noise rock befitting the SZ aesthetic. Not my cup of tea, so I will continue to live in ignorance of 95% of the bands discussed on here.

I'm delighted by the mention of Steve Reich, however. I just finished zoning out to Glass's "Music in Similar Motion." Everyone I know gets totally annoyed with this music but I find it calming.
                        The likes of Philip Glass, John Cage, Steve Reich, Meredith Monk etc.
                        has a warm place in this dicky ticker!

You're not alone, we are more than you think!
                        Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                          I felt guilty writing it...shouldnt be mentioned together but I really like this album and its vague sonic similarities to Low.
                          yeah, I quite like (some) beach house as well but understand where merz is coming from. the s/t is extremely pleasant lazy sunday music with a few really good songs that occasionally borders on twee. this doesn't stop me from still listening to it fairly regularly. devotion however is unforgivably forgettable, demonstrating a sonic stagnancy that is just depressing. the first time I queued it up I literally thought songs were repeating they were so indistinguishable from one another. elevator music for the pitchfork set.

EDIT: @casem83: I understand where you're coming from and will try to make a concerted effort to post more description (or at least link to more elaborate description) in the future. the problem has unfortunately been precisely that: effort. sloth ninja indeed.

EDIT EDIT: I sound so fucking dry today. also I understand where everyone is coming from.
                          Last edited by maldoror; 12-12-2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                            • Apr 2007

I'll step it up a notch also and try to elaborate on what I listen to, casem83. I will actively try to be eclectic and varied in my posts and hopefully present a bunch of interesting stuff.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

I'll echo all the above. Sometimes I feel like this thread is pretty focused, and definitely dominated by a small group with similar aesthetics, but there's always interesting new stuff being put forward.

Listening to:

Swans - Children Of God
                              This one actually got recommended to me by a customer. A guy who had never even heard of Komakino and just wandered in. I think I was listening to Brian Eno's Here Come The Warm Jets at the time. We started talking about Joy Division ('Komakino') and The Birthday Party and he told me to check out this album. It's everything I could have hoped for. Dark, pre-industrial music. Like The Birthday Party, only better.
                              Originally posted by merz
                              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

/\ alright, you've managed to peak my interest. Got anything to sample?
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎