Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

i think it was probably the internet (napster and slsk really) and not age that did it for me, but i can't help but treat bands like anything more than trading cards these days.

Comment

• justine
      • Jan 2007

Ocean Waves

The sound of the ocean ...

Comment

• TypicalFashion
        • Mar 2007

Craft - Fuck the Universe

Comment

• howinpark
          • Jan 2009

Debussy: Clair de Lune

Comment

• nycd
            • Oct 2006

aethenor - faking gold & murder

Comment

• Jorge Hache
              • Sep 2006

A.C. Newman / Get Guilty

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by nycd View Post
                aethenor - faking gold & murder
                I grabbed this and the new wolves in the throne room this morning. just about to give them a back to back listen...

edit: not feeling the new aethenor. listening to it is a lot like hanging out with somone who likes the same things as you, but for all the wrong reasons.

currently in the middle of black cascade and so far it's just really generic USBM. imo a definite step backwards after the awesomeness that is two hunters
                Last edited by maldoror; 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                  • Nov 2008

i know exactly what you mean.

and wittr on record never really does it for me...but live, they're fantastic.

same with krallice - that record kind of really bores the heck out of me - but live they were amazing...more like watching a gravity band, then a black metal band. i think a lot of that has to do w/ mick's vocals...as he was in a gravity band, back in the day.

but yeah - no good black metal these days...although there's a new xasthur enroute...but the last one kinda sucked.

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                  I grabbed this and the new wolves in the throne room this morning. just about to give them a back to back listen...

edit: not feeling the new aethenor. listening to it is a lot like hanging out with somone who likes the same things as you, but for all the wrong reasons.

currently in the middle of black cascade and so far it's just really generic USBM. imo a definite step backwards after the awesomeness that is two hunters

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                    although there's a new xasthur enroute...but the last one kinda sucked.
                    word. the switch to live drums was a good idea in principle, but thoroughly shitty in practice. I'm hoping he's going back to drum machine for the new album, or at least has been practicing (a lot) with a metronome.

on the other hand, his back catalogue has only gotten stronger for me with time. in particular, I just can't get enough of subliminal genocide lately. when it first came out I effectively dismissed it in the shadow of nocturnal poisoning, but now there's no question in my mind that subliminal genocide is the superior album, and a real milestone for usbm in general.

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                      although there's a new xasthur enroute...but the last one kinda sucked.
                      word. the switch to live drums was a good idea in principle, but thoroughly shitty in practice. I'm hoping he's going back to drum machine for the new album, or at least has been practicing (a lot) with a metronome.

on the other hand, his back catalogue has only gotten stronger for me with time. in particular, I just can't get enough of subliminal genocide lately. when it first came out I effectively dismissed it in the shadow of nocturnal poisoning, but now there's no question in my mind that subliminal genocide is the superior album, and a real milestone for usbm in general.

also, new velvet cacoon is finally supposed to come out this year (although I'm not sure that really counts as usbm proper...)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i forgot how sick gantz graft is

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• eaglewood
                          • Feb 2007

Shostakovich - 24 Preludes & Fugues

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                            in particular, I just can't get enough of subliminal genocide lately. when it first came out I effectively dismissed it in the shadow of nocturnal poisoning, but now there's no question in my mind that subliminal genocide is the superior album
                            this reads really funny
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• paprik
                              • Nov 2006

boards of canada

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                                • Nov 2008

i always really preferred the version with vocals...i was so annoyed when i purchased the cd to find they had stripped all the vocals from the record...

and re: them sucking now? i mean, c'mon - savage republic without bruce licher? that's just weird. it was *his band*.

Originally posted by merz

too bad they can't play it live anymore since they've gotten so damn rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎