X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by merz
    wait what, doldrums has it too? haha. man, this forum..
    I was about to post right after klang something like "klang has impeccable taste in everything" but you essentially beat me to it!

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

Listening to a bunch of Deathspell Omega, really digging it since I heard it on the Withdrawn/Abraded episode from Joshua's show.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
        i think the issue with the cover art was that there was another album released around the same time with a nearly identical cover as well.

it's not a bad album but i do think it represent the nail in the coffin for interpol. now we get to look forward to paul banks solo album (who appears to be ripping off Jarvis Cocker's current style).

np: Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I see a darkness
        I love that albumbas well

I don't remeber this thing about another cover, everyone I know was mainly "ew taxidermy, gross". What album was it?
        To me Interpol's best record will always be the first, but I like almost all their songs. Not quite sure about PB sounding like today's Jarvis - I'm a big Pulp fan but find his solo stuff very forgettable

Comment

• qnc.hst
          • Oct 2007

I haven't heard any of his actual releases, but I saw him play here last year. Was pretty awesome live set. Small space + overstrobed multimedia + an actually engaging/overwhelming percussive onslaught w/ nice treatments = good times.

On the same strobed tip, got a copy of the new Shogun Kunitoki LP w/ strobe attachment waiting at the post office for me. Gonna pick it up tomorrow and mebbe give myself the shakes.

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
          has anyone heard jon mueller's physical changes? i've read good reviews. he's playing nyc soon.
          I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• qnc.hst
            • Oct 2007

Also, doldrums did yr copy of the Nitsch box happen to come w/ the DVD? If so, is there some way for you to pass the contents along over the superhighway? Missing that piece of the puzzle, but digging on the rest for sure. Actually, I wouldn't mind having a rip of it to flush my mind out while I'm at work...
            I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by galia View Post
              I love that albumbas well

I don't remeber this thing about another cover, everyone I know was mainly "ew taxidermy, gross". What album was it?
              To me Interpol's best record will always be the first, but I like almost all their songs. Not quite sure about PB sounding like today's Jarvis - I'm a big Pulp fan but find his solo stuff very forgettable
              don't recall the other album, and interpol's 1st is certainly a classic.

with regards to jarvis, i meant style-wise and not musically.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                • Nov 2008

Man, how much of his post big black career does Albini owe to working with Crain? He was definitely taking some notes for Shellac. It's a dated record, sure, but it still fucking rips.
                Still kicking myself over the Tscherkassky.

Also - no one answered - where does one find that Nitsch?

And thanks Natan. DSO are definitely one of my favorites - since we're talking Louisville, they're kinda the Slint of Black Metal. Except, you know, like pretentiously satanic. Wasn't too stoked on their last record though...getting a little too prog for me. Also, the production is really digital sounding...

Originally posted by merz
                gowns - red state
                crain - heater (thanks for the reminder j..)
                various - french futur anterieur 1975-1985

Comment

• dunaj
                  • Feb 2007

for the usuals:

pig heart transplant - hope you enjoy heaven LP+7"

"filth"-era swans dirge (i know that gets thrown around a lot, but it's true this time), as played by some hardcore dudes with a silly pedigree. iron lung, walls, lords of light, spazz, despise you, hellnation, threatener, gehenna, brainoil... yeah. great packaging, too. love the song title "i video tape your diet."

my rip; did my best to remove some of the more prominent pops/cracks, but the waveform on this is almost as ugly as the music. i didn't realize it at the time, but a CD version of this exists that would probably render this rip irrelevant if you can find it.

Comment

• mumma
                    • Oct 2008

got that ep just after the concert two days ago.
                    actually they are way better on live than on records,
                    good energy, but in general, very promising band imho,
                    and very in this beat happening/ tiger trap/ heavenly
                    context, which i thought had been forgotten.

and day before saw sunn o))) on live, and didn't
                    expect it would be so spectacular on live, i mean probably
                    one of the most beautiful noise concerts i've ever been into
                    actually. and pita played as a support really amazing set, with
                    quote to his masterpiece album get out...
                    LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
                    Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
                    www.loupeon.com

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                      • Nov 2008

Early reports are saying the failures show fucking slayed.

What say ye, matt, joey?

Off to japan, where I am paler and taller than everyone.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

Holy shit this show was fucking ridiculous. Way overcrowded and over the top. Drunkbdriver was pretty great. Failures was kinds meh. I heard their previous show was better. Mind eraser was fucking unbelievable. I saw them before, but they just killed. But some asshole was fighting people and they cut their set short. Some other band and iron age played. Couldn't really care less. Lastly sex vid played and it was one of the best punk shows I've seen. The crowd was fucking out of control. Sex vid SLAYED. Bummed that they sold out of shirts.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                          • Nov 2008

Yeah, my friend went and said the mosh pit during Mind Eraser was so intense he got pushed out of the venue. Called me to reassure me that hardcore was well and alive. Bummed that I had to miss it...not all for naught though.

Where are mind eraser from? My friend said that they were pretty heavy - almost black metal at times. Links?

Holy shit this show was fucking ridiculous. Way overcrowded and over the top. Drunkbdriver was pretty great. Failures was kinds meh. I heard their previous show was better. Mind eraser was fucking unbelievable. I saw them before, but they just killed. But some asshole was fighting people and they cut their set short. Some other band and iron age played. Couldn't really care less. Lastly sex vid played and it was one of the best punk shows I've seen. The crowd was fucking out of control. Sex vid SLAYED. Bummed that they sold out of shirts.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

mind eraser's a mixture of old school power violence (man is the bastard, crossed out) with punk and hardcore. they're so sick.

check'm out here
                            http://ocpimple.blogspot.com/2009/03/mind-eraser.html. i haven't heard the first record, but everything else is dope.

also, sex vid's 12" http://www.mediafire.com/?milz2ve3zy5
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

Thanks for the links, Joey, much obliged. Sucks I had to miss it - what one sacrifices for art. yeesh.

Good chance I'll be missing the show of the season - Akitsa/Bone Awl. I'll be getting back in that evening - but it's the most polite black metal show ever...doors at 7, over by 11, strict curfew.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

damn this sounds like it was a lot of fun...
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎