Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

i want to go to the cult ritual/salvation show really badly, but i'll be in san diego then. someone kop me a black cult ritual shirt size medium. kthx.

btw, saw bone awl and akitsa. i didn't like either really. bone awl seemed awfully hyped up and live, they're not black metal (mind you i have a very narrow definition of black metal and don't know too much about the genre), but a really raw punk band. akitsa wasn't my thing, but the vocalist was really good.

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
    Totally - are you going to go to the cult ritual / salvation show in a week or two?

back in nyc...whew!

Anyone find a link for the Aluk Todolo yet? I have it on order, but can't wait...the clips I heard sound amazing.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
      • Nov 2008

I'd heard the same thing about the bone awl/akitsa show, except that Akitsa were pretty great live, despite a vague hitler-youth like appearance.

When's the tragedy show, btw?

Cult Ritual NYC shows -
      2 NYC @ Cake Shop w/ DRUNKDRIVER, SKIN DRINK, TWIN STUMPS
      3 NYC @ 538 johnson w/NOMOS, SALVATION, BIRTH CONTROL, SLICES

Also, the same exact dates Locrian are playing -
      Jul 3 Stalag / Fortune Cookie @ Lucky Cheng’s w/ Sleep Museum and Shallow Waters
      July 5th - Show No Mercy Presents at Public Assembly w/ Anal Cunt and Fuck the Facts

Not sure which I'll go to - I have an event in Philly I have to attend on the 5th...means I'll pick one show on the 3rd...or maybe cus they're so close by, go to both...? I only want to see one band on both bills...

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      i want to go to the cult ritual/salvation show really badly, but i'll be in san diego then. someone kop me a black cult ritual shirt size medium. kthx.

btw, saw bone awl and akitsa. i didn't like either really. bone awl seemed awfully hyped up and live, they're not black metal, but a really raw punk band. akitsa wasn't my thing, but the vocalist was really good.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i think that's why aka liked akitsa. lulz.

i read about the tragedy show on a blog. i only know the date (july 12th?) and i think the venue is tbd.

also, i checked out another of klang's recommendation, dark tribe, and it also rips.

i would recommend the show with salvation b/c that lp is a rager.

i just checked out locrian and it sounds like it's up my alley.

edit: klang, please recommend more BM in the vein of dark tribe and dodsengel

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
        I'd heard the same thing about the bone awl/akitsa show, except that Akitsa were pretty great live, despite a vague hitler-youth like appearance.

When's the tragedy show, btw?

Cult Ritual NYC shows -
        2 NYC @ Cake Shop w/ DRUNKDRIVER, SKIN DRINK, TWIN STUMPS
        3 NYC @ 538 johnson w/NOMOS, SALVATION, BIRTH CONTROL, SLICES

Also, the same exact dates Locrian are playing -
        Jul 3 Stalag / Fortune Cookie @ Lucky Cheng’s w/ Sleep Museum and Shallow Waters
        July 5th - Show No Mercy Presents at Public Assembly w/ Anal Cunt and Fuck the Facts

Not sure which I'll go to - I have an event in Philly I have to attend on the 5th...means I'll pick one show on the 3rd...or maybe cus they're so close by, go to both...? I only want to see one band on both bills...
        Last edited by ddohnggo; 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
          • Nov 2008

Joey,

I agree, I'd rather see Cult Ritual with Salvation - but I think have to to go to philly that day. My friend had a photo show there, and I had to miss the opening. The closing is on the 5th and Cold Cave are playing. To be honest, I'd much rather go to a hard core show though.

Yeah, Locrian sent me their record a while ago, and it's pretty good. Live, I think it should be fairly interesting. Will you be out of town already?

Anything else happening this week? I have nothing going on - allowing myself some down time after two weeks of straight filming.

i think that's why aka liked akitsa. lulz.

i read about the tragedy show on a blog. i only know the date (july 12th?) and i think the venue is tbd.

also, i checked out another of klang's recommendation, dark tribe, and it also rips.

i would recommend the show with salvation b/c that lp is a rager.

i just checked out locrian and it sounds like it's up my alley.

edit: klang, please recommend more BM in the vein of dark tribe and dodsengel

Comment

• CommieRabbit
            • Oct 2007

Massacra - Final Holocaust

Forgot how well this album has aged. Easily one of the best examples of original DM.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i'll be out until the 7th. i just saw that locrian is playing with anal cunt. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

i'll be out until the 7th. i just saw that locrian is playing with anal cunt. LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
                  going to that one

nice avatar commie rabbit. do you know about the new book: http://feralhouse.com/titles/new_rel...l_judgment.php
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

weird dude...i have another friend that listens to this stuff

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

basho was the best musician that has or will ever live. rumors persist that he was, in fact, god come down to earth expressly for the purpose of showing us mere mortals the furthest extents of musical possibility. in the process he stole many a heart with his mystical vibrato hymns in real (or feigned?) american indian tongues and india indian rhythm spirals.

plus impossible guitar technique.

plus plus

"oh sweet golden kachina girl, darling daughter of the sun, lend me thy voice so that I may sing..."
                      Last edited by maldoror; 06-23-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                        nice avatar commie rabbit. do you know about the new book: http://feralhouse.com/titles/new_rel...l_judgment.php
                        Fucking sweet, remember hearing about this one from a friend some time back. Looks like I'll have to get my hands on it; been hard finding good material on the subject. Thanks for the heads-up, looks like a solid read

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
                          Fucking sweet, remember hearing about this one from a friend some time back. Looks like I'll have to get my hands on it; been hard finding good material on the subject. Thanks for the heads-up, looks like a solid read
                          here you go: http://www.aes-nihil.com/process.html

those magazine reprints are amazing...in fact every item on this page is worth obtaining...sorry to hijack the thread people.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

glad you brought up robbie basho. i've been meaning to check out more of his back catalog and i usually just listen to the modern musicians that he inspired (i.e. james blackshaw, six organs, etc...). just downloaded the voice of the eagle and i didn't know how much six organs aped robbie basho.

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

for straight up guitar playing, it's all about the falconer's arm vol 2.

but the vocals on voice of the eagle are just so completely fucking insane.

p.s. yo inbox

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

VO-KILLZ

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢