X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enaml
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
    I don't know much about her but I really like the new Zola Jesus EP - really great voice. Super catchy in that Siouxsie Sioux gothic sort of way (although much more lo-fi) that I love more or less despite the actual music itself.
    I've seen her and it's great. She's pretty young, a student a university not too far away.
    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• beforehewentmad
      • Apr 2008

bajofondo tango club...

i can't stop watching this video today... awesome and super hot. enjoy.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise

As a long time Anthony Green and Circa Survive fan I find that with this album they've taken a step backwards in lyric writing but they definitely sound more mature than before. It's still a very solid album in many ways, but it's not going to replace On Letting Go on my playlist.

I quite like the track "Frozen Creek" for some reason it gives me goosebumps.
        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• klangspiel
          • Apr 2007

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

and

Attn. New York members - Imaad Wasif is playing tonight at Bowery Ballroom with Dead Meadow. Imaad is fantastic live.
            Last edited by thehouseofdis; 04-25-2010, 01:26 PM.
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

music from the morning of the world , balinese gamelan form the island of the gods

Anyone else listen to much gamelan music? My close friend has been taking classes so we've bee listening to it a lot recently. I'd / we'd love suggestions if anyone's got some favorite albums.
              Last edited by Servo2000; 04-25-2010, 03:05 PM.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Great choice of track off High Violet, I absolutely loved Bloodbuzz Ohio.
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

[img]

Anyone else listen to much gamelan music? My close friend has been taking classes so we've bee listening to it a lot recently. I'd / we'd love suggestions if anyone's got some favorite albums.
                  lot of electronic folk from late 90s were obsessed with gamelan music and included bits of it in lots of mixes(autechre for one). i used to have loads that maybe I'll sort through. i remember this was good:
                  Nonesuch Explorer Series - Bali: Gamelan

Comment

• unmetro
                    • Sep 2006

whilst drawing this week...

http://www.waitwhatmusic.com/files/notoriousxx.html (this ones been making the rounds...)

Comment

• routineriot
                      • Apr 2009

In Never Out-Pg.Lost

Comment

• Acéphale
                        • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                          • Jan 2010

Portugal. The Man - American Ghetto

Enjoying myself with this. A bit more spacey than they're other albums. Very solid.
                          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• qnc.hst
                            • Oct 2007

I don't know much about her but I really like the new Zola Jesus EP - really great voice. Super catchy in that Siouxsie Sioux gothic sort of way (although much more lo-fi) that I love more or less despite the actual music itself.
                            I think I've got to go back and give the Spoils and Stridulum another listen. I live in the same town as her and have made acquaintance w/ her, though haven't met up since she really started getting attention. Was quite into the first couple 7"s but the newer stuff hasn't hit me as hard yet. Might be that I love my lo-fi as lo as possible and the new pro sound isn't as fine-tooled as the gleaming techno that I dig at the other end of the spectrum. I do admire her for not just settling for fuzz-drenched retreads, though I may be waiting for more further down the trajectory of her output.

That said, I was shocked when I met her at how young she is... very bubbly in person, cool girl. Last I heard she was planning on moving to LA in the not-too-distant future.

Re: gamelan... just got this offa the Root Strata blog and have been digging it. Those Nonesuch releases are ace as well.

np: Midnight - Complete and Total Fucking Midnight
                            I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                              (joe meek)
                              that moontrekkers track is great, but I prefer the ginny arnell og cut of dumb head in all its unaffected dementia

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by qnc.hst View Post
                                I think I've got to go back and give the Spoils and Stridulum another listen. I live in the same town as her and have made acquaintance w/ her, though haven't met up since she really started getting attention. Was quite into the first couple 7"s but the newer stuff hasn't hit me as hard yet. Might be that I love my lo-fi as lo as possible and the new pro sound isn't as fine-tooled as the gleaming techno that I dig at the other end of the spectrum. I do admire her for not just settling for fuzz-drenched retreads, though I may be waiting for more further down the trajectory of her output.

That said, I was shocked when I met her at how young she is... very bubbly in person, cool girl. Last I heard she was planning on moving to LA in the not-too-distant future.

Re: gamelan... just got this offa the Root Strata blog and have been digging it. Those Nonesuch releases are ace as well.

np: Midnight - Complete and Total Fucking Midnight
                                Thanks for sharing. And where have you been hiding out? Disappeared like a
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎