X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: What are you listening to?

sickness, another guy who played no fun fest, is pretty good. i saw him with john wiese and thurston moore and shit was off the chain.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

noise shows in houston are very tame. they generally consist of about 15 people standing around watching the likes of wolf eyes or prurient with about 2 people awkwardly headbanging. indian jewelry are the only ones that can bring out a sizeable crowd since they're locals and luckily most all of their shows are great.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

so awesome. is that mike connelly from wolf eyes in the first picture? </p>

wasn't rosenstien and gurglestock's (or whatever their name is) set insane a few years ago?
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

That probably is the guy from Wolf Eyes. I think they played in some incarnation or another earlier in the night. The R &amp; G set consisted of a video where they contact mic-ed the throats of several girls and had them puke repeatedly into bowls. It was a little over the top. Sickness, who you mention below, is great. I've seen several performances that were borderline virtuosic. </p>
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

wow that R&amp;G set sounds disgusting. 2girls1cup style. </p>

the one time i saw sickness i was really into how aggressive his music is and how much he gets into it. i wish i didn't see him while seated in an auditorium, but right up front. </p>

the last great noise set i saw was burning star core when he toured with prurient and carlos giffoni. RIDICULOUSSSSSSS</p>

Comment

• qnc.hst
            • Oct 2007

Prurient and Wolf Eyes played a cafeteria at a student union here. It was fairly shitty in terms of sound and ambiance but kinda intriguing, as the room makes me think of "the Maxx" everytime I'm in it. Actually, I think Hive Mind owned that set.
            </p>

One of my friends at one point interned for Dominic Fernow's Mom and she told him how much he used to love RATM in high school. Kinda funny but makes sense, I guess...(?)

</p>
            I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i saw hive mind once with cornicopia and some other people. i'm sure he's better now, but he was just ok at that show.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                • Oct 2007

I think I dug Hive Mind 'cause I'm definitely more into the creepazoid drone/lurch aspects of a lotta noise as opposed to contact-mic'd throat shredding and the like (though Sword Heaven puts on a hell of a live show, if not as bloody or sincerely transgressive as those discussed above). I mean, all depends on so much of my mood at whatever moment... probably 'cause I'm not really a connoisseur of the noise stuff by any means, just a dabbler, so for me to cast judgment on any of it without admitting my own personal biases would be a load a' false pretense.</p>

That said, I've seen Hive Mind twice and both times there was another "creepazoid drone/lurch" noise artist on the bill (can't remember for the Wolf Eyes/Prurient gig, but the other was Workbench), and both times his set way overshadowed the other. Kept that basement dweller atmosphere much more engaging and the tension ratcheted much more successfully, to my ears.</p>

But yeah. Anyways, currently: just listened to Vladislav Delay's Whistleblower. Actually first time I've listened to Sasu's Vladislav work. Gonna have to listen a few more times to formulate an opinion...
                </p>
                I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• gusgusterson
                  • Mar 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]it's funny. i went to go see whitehouse play in boston, but william bennett had a shit fit because of the sound guy and refused to play. so we saw a consumer electronics show instead.
                  [/quote]</p>

I always wanted to see Whitehouse live. Are the shows the onslaught you would expect? Swervedriver just announced a reunion tour.
                  </p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

[quote user="gusgusterson"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]it's funny. i went to go see whitehouse play in boston, but william bennett had a shit fit because of the sound guy and refused to play. so we saw a consumer electronics show instead.
                    [/quote]</p>

I always wanted to see Whitehouse live. Are the shows the onslaught you would expect? Swervedriver just announced a reunion tour.
                    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Check out some of early Whitehouse footage on YouTube. </p>
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• gusgusterson
                      • Mar 2007

</p>

</p>
                      </p>

Check out some of early Whitehouse footage on YouTube. </p>
                      </p>

Nice one, thank you, I think that satisfied my curiosity. I like that YouTube is really enough for me these days.
                      </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

all this noise talk is making me want to listen to some:</p>

kevin drumm - comedy</p>

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

freak scene dino jnr

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

now, strangely level 42, lessons on love.....none of your noise nonsense....bit of slap bass and jazz funk arpeggiator never did anyone any harm

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

/\ nice one. my favorite one by level 42 is human after all. brings me some good memories.[85]
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

yeah yeah yeahs- maps
                                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎