• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you listening to?

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i just downloaded the new portishead. i never was that into them back in the day, but i heard this album at A the other day. this is actually pretty good and i'll probably check out the first two records.
    [/quote]</p>

good? need to download. can't wait til they come to the states. [&lt;:o)]
    </p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

yeah, the portishead album is really good. pretty chill and kinda haunting.</p>

so continuing my trip down memory lane, i'm listening to mineral - power of failing.</p>

this album is so cheesy emo, but so good. </p>
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

did not get into Autechre. i think if i was willing to wait longer and go in later, i could have but i was getting tired so i left.[:(]
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

oh man, so no one was selling tickets? sorry for the bad suggestion. :(</p>

btw, for those into experimental music i found another fantastic blog</p>

http://take-off-your-shoes.blogspot.com/</p>

the most recent post has rips of tapes from new age tapes (the skaters' tape label)
            </p>

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

oh man, so no one was selling tickets? sorry for the bad suggestion. :(</p>

btw, for those into experimental music i found another fantastic blog</p>

http://take-off-your-shoes.blogspot.com/</p>

the most recent post has rips of tapes from new age tapes (the skaters' tape label)
              </p>

[/quote]</p>

no worries- i think the door guys would have let me in if i wanted to wait longer. they were pretty cool to me. door guys always let in females that are alone.[74]</p>

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

hmmm. that says a lot about door guys who let dudes in who are alone.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                  • Oct 2007

Nice 'un Joey... I've got a few of those, but it'll be super nice to have digital copies of that stuff, not having a tape deck at work and all. That Lamborghini Crystal stuff is pretty crazy... makes me feel like I'm wrapped in shredded Betamax tape with my face painted by the residue of off-brand cheetos and one of those beer-can helmets loaded with deadstock cans of Surge.
                  I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• soultek
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="kira"]did not get into Autechre. i think if i was willing to wait longer and go in later, i could have but i was getting tired so i left.[:(]
                    [/quote]</p>

Oh, it wasn't clear you were to go, I could have bought you one. I went when the box office opened and bought one (they hold tickets for the day of). Well, next time..</p>

Um, show was cool. I can only like non-visual shows so much. Only reason the show is redeemable is to hear their stuff loud (presumably much of it never released?) with a bunch of other fans. I suppose basking in their presence is enough to please some as well. Stage was totally dark, so I couldn't see what if anything they were doing.
                    </p>Sound at the Music Hall was pretty good [Y]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="qnc.hst"]Nice 'un Joey... I've got a few of those, but it'll be super nice to have digital copies of that stuff, not having a tape deck at work and all. That Lamborghini Crystal stuff is pretty crazy... makes me feel like I'm wrapped in shredded Betamax tape with my face painted by the residue of off-brand cheetos and one of those beer-can helmets loaded with deadstock cans of Surge.
                      [/quote]</p>

i have one of the vodka soap tapes, but i haven't listened to it. i saw skaters once and it was pretty cool, wish the sound was better though.</p>

regarding autechre's live show, it's always good to see that stuff live, especially since autechre really improvises their live set. the time i saw them when confield came out it was super obtuse and very arrhythmic while the second time was more danceable. i also wish they would do some visuals like plaid whose visual set up was fucking sweet.</p>

edit: now: wu-tang clan - 36 chambers
                      </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

nevermind, this blog is better http://experimentaletc.blogspot.com/

Comment

• qnc.hst
                          • Oct 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[quote user="qnc.hst"]Nice 'un Joey... I've got a few of those, but it'll be super nice to have digital copies of that stuff, not having a tape deck at work and all. That Lamborghini Crystal stuff is pretty crazy... makes me feel like I'm wrapped in shredded Betamax tape with my face painted by the residue of off-brand cheetos and one of those beer-can helmets loaded with deadstock cans of Surge.
                          [/quote]</p>

i have one of the vodka soap tapes, but i haven't listened to it. i saw skaters once and it was pretty cool, wish the sound was better though.</p>

regarding autechre's live show, it's always good to see that stuff live, especially since autechre really improvises their live set. the time i saw them when confield came out it was super obtuse and very arrhythmic while the second time was more danceable. i also wish they would do some visuals like plaid whose visual set up was fucking sweet.</p>

edit: now: wu-tang clan - 36 chambers
                          </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Yeah, I saw skaters once. I dunno if they do "good audio" :)... I gotta admit their discs (that I've heard) really tend to run together. I dig some of 'em, but the whole cat-yowl thing is pretty constant. The Vodka Soap stuff I've got is much more, um, "refracted prism gong" I guess I would say. More meditative, less rough acoustics. I think the Lambo Crystal is still my fave, it's definitely this weird 80's pajama party video game hallucination "pop" thang.</p>

Re: Autechre... I'm jealous of you lot who've seen 'em. I've heard wonders of the live improv setup. If you haven't checked the mysterious possibly related project Gescom out, I recommend it. I'd post linx, but just got vinyl. Also, on the "glitch" tip... has anybody heard much of SND? I ordered the new 'un but haven't gotten it yet...</p>
                          I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]hmmm. that says a lot about door guys who let dudes in who are alone.
                            [/quote]</p>

</p>

[83]</p>

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I just read that Portishead is coming out with a new album no April
                              29th!!! I'm so excited about this, I had resigned myself to
                              the fact that I would only ever have 2 Portishead albums (+1 live
                              album) to live on for the rest of my life, this gives me new hope!

</p>
                              music

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                                • Mar 2007

today its this mix</p>

http://www.dfarecords.com/radiomixes/spring2008.html</p>

went to 205 tuesday last night, and was really into these guys</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎