Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

Know a source where I can find a program like that?

As already mentioned, no problem to stay away from machines I've had much fun squatting, bench-pressing and deadlifting in the past 6 months

Regarding running after working out. Not sure this is going to work for me... I train pretty intensively and usually, I am done afterwards. No energy left for running. But I do cardio on 3-4 days a week anyway.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Add a few of these into your circuit.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• modern77
        • Oct 2006

Mofiya, you'd be surprised what your body is capable of. Give it a shot. Try running for 10 minutes after working out, and then doing some other form of cardio. Then increase the amount of time you run, each session.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

There's a great variety of programs in this.

I don't like to do cardio after training either, so I sometimes just do 5 really intense intervals of 30 sec sprint, 30 sec walk and finish up with a jog for a minute or 2 and I'm done.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Okay so I hit the gym yesterday and doing circuits is just no possibility... Way too small gym. Anyway, I cutted the pauses between the sets down to 90 seconds each and did 25mins cardio afterwards. Is that cool?
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
              Okay so I hit the gym yesterday and doing circuits is just no possibility... Way too small gym. Anyway, I cutted the pauses between the sets down to 90 seconds each and did 25mins cardio afterwards. Is that cool?
              90 seconds is on the long end of between-set breaks. 30-90 is the general rule.

For significantly improved fat loss, doing jump-squats (10) between every set worked phenomenally in a good recent study I saw*. It sucks. Terribly. I recommend it. And, if you have room to stand between sets, you have room for jump-squats.

* I can find you the study if you like.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

^ thanks... Well I felt pretty fast with this pause actually. Maybe it has been too long for quite a long time, then.
                But I lifted significantly fewer reps yesterday. But whatever... Will get used to it, even if I have to lower the weight.
                Do you think that 25mins cardio is sufficient? Of course, the more calories burned but I think 1,5hrs in gym in total should be enough!?

Doing squats is not an option, I think my regeneration will suffer and I fear an injury (I am pretty vulnerable). But thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it

And regarding studys in sports - I find this is quite an interesting domain. Many studys, few theoretical explanations. Not sure how this applies to work-outs, but as I am usually coming from the running domain, one expert tells a whole other story than another - both with evidence...
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

You can try star jumps (jumping jacks) instead. 90 sec inbetween sets is more for low rep strength training like 5-6 reps. If you're doing 10 or more reps, you can go with 30-60 sec rest.

25 min cardio is definately sufficient. Better to do intervals though.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Seriously? Doing intervals after working out with heavy weights? Not the healthiest thing to do, my experience tells me.

But I will do more intervals when I start running again.
                    Btw - does this interval principle apply to swimming, too? Cause that's what I do pretty often these days...

edit. Would that guerilla cardio (which I think is a nice idea) be possible / good to do on the early morning without any prior food intake?
                    Last edited by MoFiya; 02-02-2011, 08:31 AM.
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Yeah intervals can be anything, just go really intense and then very light paced for pretty much anything. You can use a jump rope, do kettlebell swings, swim, bike, etc

I don't really do full intervals after weights right now coz I'm not trying to lose weight fast. I sometimes just do 5 intervals as a finisher and once a week (after a cheat day) I'll do intervals when I wake up and then go do weights 4 hours later.

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

edit. Would that guerilla cardio (which I think is a nice idea) be possible / good to do on the early morning without any prior food intake?
                        ^ this?

Plus, I am supplementing dextrose right after working out because I found out it enhances my regeneration. Should I take it before or after the cardio?
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

I think it's good to take BCAAs prior to empty stomach workouts.

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

I hate supplements... Friggin' expensive
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

^ this?

Plus, I am supplementing dextrose right after working out because I found out it enhances my regeneration. Should I take it before or after the cardio?

Haha I'm just playing. What I do for carbs post workout is I freeze some banana in a snap lock bag, usually a bit more than 1. 2 hours before I go to the gym, I take it out of the freezer, let it thaw and mush it up in the bag. Then I add that into my protein shake.

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

Well, I didn't want to do dextrose either but since I was always totally done the day after... And it ain't as expensive as whey or BCAA (500g for 2€ vs 1000g for 20€)
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍