X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oasis
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
    GENETICS trumps all when it comes to body composition. I have known people who have never lifted a day in their lives and are shredded. conversely,I have known people who do major cardio and watch their diet and still have unlosable fat

genetics can be a really bad curse and,therefore,the sooner you accept your genetic limitations. the happier you'll be. your goal should be to maximize YOUR potential... trite but true
    Majority of this I agree with. Bit in bold just isn't true. They may watch their diet but if their diet is shit 'watching' it will do no use.. Anyone can get shredded, it just takes time and dedication..

Originally posted by SunshineSometime View Post
    Glad to see you guys bettering yourselves in all aspects

Not a big fan of running since my boxing days, I still force myself to do a 5km run 3x a week.

Current weight- 61kg

Personal bests:

Deadlift - 200kg
    Squat- 150kg
    Bench -105kg
    Power clean - 100kg
    Damn, that's very good for your weight. What height are you if you don't mind me enquiring?

I'm around 70kg just now, stats;

180kg Deadlift
    140kg Squat
    105kg Bench
    Originally posted by christianef
    u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• SunshineSometime
      • May 2008

Ahh been training with some really good guys so it keeps me motivated to work.

Recently i've been adapting some of the westside barbell training methods and its helped me tremendously.

Ahh im 174.

Those are good lifts Oasis! Johngd, funny to see that youre benching nearly as much as you squat. Good stats though

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

^ way impressive lifts. I've been working on this modified SS for about 8 months now. Still at very low PRs, but there's been some (slow) progress.

Weight: 57 kg.

Squat: 50kg
        Deadlift: 50 kg
        Bench: 60 kg
        Pendlay rows: 38 kg
        Military: 30 kg
        Curls: 11 kg

Curls are the worst.

Comment

• theconsumer
          • Feb 2009

I really recommend Budokon, by Cameron Shayne. Very nice power yoga/martial arts fusion. The best presentation and flow of all the yoga DVDs I've ever seen. And exercises are excellent.

Sample

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
          yo anyone do yoga regularly -- want to be able to practice regularly but it competes (time wise) with climbing which is my one true love...

plus my flexibility is pretty shit so there are a bunch of poses that I feel like I'm not reaping benefits fully from...

advice? thoughts? artisan yogawear in shades of grey/black? LOL

Comment

• nickt
            • May 2008

If you know about Barstarzz or any other groups that has to do with pull-up bars. Check it out on Youtube

How do you get that kind of functional strength? They claim to only do bodyweight exercises or with the bars and eat right. No weights, nothing.

Can anyone recommend a really good bodyweight routine?

Comment

• widmerpool
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by nickt View Post
              If you know about Barstarzz or any other groups that has to do with pull-up bars. Check it out on Youtube

How do you get that kind of functional strength? They claim to only do bodyweight exercises or with the bars and eat right. No weights, nothing.

Can anyone recommend a really good bodyweight routine?
              Start with l-sits, handstands, hanging leg raises and pull-ups. Then add planche and levers. You don't need weights, how long it takes you to work through the progressions will depend on where you are starting from. It took me 9 months to get to a 5 second back lever. Once you get a solid foundation there's a million variations.
              http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Johngd
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SunshineSometime View Post
                Ahh been training with some really good guys so it keeps me motivated to work.

Recently i've been adapting some of the westside barbell training methods and its helped me tremendously.

Ahh im 174.

Those are good lifts Oasis! Johngd, funny to see that youre benching nearly as much as you squat. Good stats though
                Hahah yeah I really need to work on my squats . Been trying to pump my calfs for a while but I dont get any result at all. Is there any exercise that can help build some mass on the calfs? Nothing seems to work for me

Comment

• Oasis
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Johngd View Post
                  Hahah yeah I really need to work on my squats . Been trying to pump my calfs for a while but I dont get any result at all. Is there any exercise that can help build some mass on the calfs? Nothing seems to work for me
                  Calves, I believe are very genetic dependant (unless you're on copious amounts of PED's). Yeah, they can be improved but progress, for the most part is painfully slow. Very high volume and frequency seems to work for some. Best results I had were when I leaned out, calves looks bigger..

Comment

• nickt
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by widmerpool View Post
                    Start with l-sits, handstands, hanging leg raises and pull-ups. Then add planche and levers. You don't need weights, how long it takes you to work through the progressions will depend on where you are starting from. It took me 9 months to get to a 5 second back lever. Once you get a solid foundation there's a million variations.
                    What is a good progression outline for planches and levers. I can do up to 18 pull-ups atm but I can't do functional stuff like a muscle up or even getting into the position for a human flag.

Comment

• Oasis
                      • Apr 2011

What is a good progression outline for planches and levers. I can do up to 18 pull-ups atm but I can't do functional stuff like a muscle up or even getting into the position for a human flag.
                      What's functional about a human flag?

Comment

• widmerpool
                        • Nov 2010

Some good tutorials here http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/

Lots of good information at gymnastic bodies.

Comment

• samblackbones
                          • Jan 2012

Im a big running advocate (with supplemental core/upper body stuff)
                          - training for Boston Marathon. Like the body I have but to each their own.

Comment

• nickt
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by widmerpool View Post
                            Some good tutorials here http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/

Lots of good information at gymnastic bodies.
                            I came across this site but I didn't see the tutorials. Thanks very much. If I can do up to 18 pull ups, is it feasible that I can do a muscle up too? Just wondering.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

different muscles.. there is no push in pullups... its kind of a technique thing? once you learn what it feels like to do one it gets easier and easier.

Comment

• widmerpool
                                • Nov 2010

Sure, you are strong enough to start working on them all. You will probably need to spend some time on joint conditioning though, planches and levers feel a lot different on the joints to pull-ups and muscle-ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎