X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
    I'm just grumpy that I'm going to be 95-96 kilos on Saturday, instead of 93.9999999. Whoops.
    Hah! 93.995
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

I just have to chime in and compliment theetruscan on his excellent post on dieting, especially the * and () on the paleo diet. Well put.
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• fncyths
        • Apr 2010

"Retain a calm heart, sit like a turtle, walk swiftly like a pigeon, and sleep like a dog".

Originally posted by Shucks
        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
        Originally posted by interest1
        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

i just did 30, 40, then 50 mountain climbers from training. i can't believe i got to 50 on the 3rd set. my heart nearly exploded.

Comment

• viv1984viv
            • Feb 2008

Anyone cut out dairy???

I've started - mostly to curb my hay fever.
            Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Raw
              • Oct 2009

I've thought about it but love cottage cheese and organic greek yogurt too much lol. Last year there was a few weeks where I only had cottage cheese on weekends because I didn't have the opportunity to have cottage cheese during the week due to my work schedule and I did notice I was able to get leaner, although that could also be due to no snacking either due to the same reason.

I use extra virgin coconut oil quite a bit, mostly in breakfast protein smoothies and for cooking with. Are there any benefits in changing to MCT oil instead?

Comment

• viv1984viv
                • Feb 2008

Well, I'm three days in and feeling ok. I think not binging on ice cream and massive milky coffee is a good thing. Miss cheese and yoghurt or course. Doing it mostly because of the allergy exacerbating qualities of dairy - but hey, leaning up would be no bad thing...
                Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

I just did. Had to due to a bad allergy reaction I was getting from it apparently (eczma on my right hand, God knows why there). But this proves to be a problem, it was one of my biggest calorie intakes and I'm not far from being seriously underweight. Anyone did the same thing and found good calorie replacement for cheese etc.? I was eating a lot of it and I already lost weight after just one week throught which I went through some junk food and lots of beer so it's apparent it's a problem.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

^ same for me. Thought about it but gave it a no-no.
                    Not a fan of using that much animal products for personal preferences and $$$, nuts are no good replacement either because auf high PUFA load...
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      i just did 30, 40, then 50 mountain climbers from training. i can't believe i got to 50 on the 3rd set. my heart nearly exploded.
                      those are pain. Also, burpees. Why did someone had to go and invent those...

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

after doing a lot of dips on the assisted pull-up machine, burpees are a lot easier now.

i think the worst exercise by far is the squat jump? i don't know what the correct name for it, but you jump across a room like a frog from a squat position with both hands holding 10lb weights. by the time you reach the end of the room, your legs are shot....then you jump backwards the same way, always in a seated squat position, never standing up, your back straight, and always holding those damn weights.

last time i did this, i lost my balance ever single time going backwards. this old lady doing yoga was laughing at me the entire time. i wanted to strangle her...

Comment

• eat me
                          • May 2009

how are dips supposed to help with the burpees? Sure as hell didn't help me :). I think the evil genius of burpees is that nothing will help you with them, only more burpees :).

haha, squat jump sounds like a nightmare, but I assume it's much less popular exercise, and judging by you falling over I'd say perhaps even an unsafe one.

recently I seriously struggled with this:

1 round consists of the following exercises done for 30 secs each as fast as you can

burpee
                          press-up
                          divebomber press-up
                          mountain climber
                          sprawl
                          squat thrust (jumping to bring legs forward from a press-up position)
                          press-up
                          divebomber press-up
                          mountain climber
                          sprawl

so that's 5 mins, 1 min rest and repeat the round.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

damn, you're pretty fit to be doing all of that in 5 min.

going backwards from what i was told is to get me to use my core to retain balance/form, rather than just legs, even though it may seem like an all legs exercise.

there's this other exercise i hate which i don't really know the name of. you take your shoes off, get into a push-up (press-up?) position, and walk the entire length of the room using your arms as legs and palms as feet, all while your body is in plank position dragging your toes. once you reach the end of the room, then walk backwards. very sickening after doing lots of arm exercises..

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

I'm not that fit yet I'm afraid, you're supposed to aim for 5 rounds of the above (15 mins total), I can barely manage one with stops. I am making good progress though.

That sounds like fun, I might give it a go for a warm up :).

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

oh, what i tried to describe was a plank crawl..
                                this is only if you have the room to maneuver.

if not, i've come to now hate the sliding plank. it's a stationary elbow plank position while sliding (shoes off) your knees to your chest. slide and extend legs 20 times in plank position then hold plank for 30 seconds. torture after 3rd set..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎