X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

In a good week I do yoga three days and light weight/body exercises two days. And I mean light - I don't do the whole gym routine. And I still gain muscle quickly.

I will look into rock climbing, but to be honest I like exercising by myself. I am really not into groupthink on any level. I hate the fake enthusiasm of group training, gym rats, health nuts, etc. Or I maybe I should do just do yoga five days a week.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      In a good week I do yoga three days and light weight/body exercises two days. And I mean light - I don't do the whole gym routine. And I still gain muscle quickly.

I will look into rock climbing, but to be honest I like exercising by myself. I am really not into groupthink on any level. I hate the fake enthusiasm of group training, gym rats, health nuts, etc. Or I maybe I should do just do yoga five days a week.
      I'm the same. I bulk up fast in the upper body and can't do public exercising. My exercise is basically intense yoga and dancing. I eat light in the morning, I try to focus on carbs/protein then, and then greens and with protein and lighter grains the rest of the day.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• jurassicsnark
        • Sep 2015

You can do bouldering at a rock gym on your own. My partner is a rock climber, and he often just does bouldering for that reason. He's very lean (6'2" about 180) but I know that's as much genetics as anything else.

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

So, I am giving up on pushups. My upper body has become too bulky, some jackets are becoming too tight and I am not into the moobs look. Any advice on how to keep fit without bulking up? My body just works that way, I gain weight and muscle mass quickly and need to work hard to keep it off.
          If you're gaining lean mass, then you're most likely eating into a caloric surplus. You need ascertain your maintenance calories and then stick to that number or slightly under it to maintain your current physique.
          Are your abs visible?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Visible abs? Haha, not even close :-)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Visible abs? Haha, not even close :-)
              OK, sounds like you need to drop some body fat, whilst maintaining the size you have already. Do you have a diet/regime you're following?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

You are asking too much :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

just take up cycling and buy a jump rope, 30-45 minutes a day and you are good. I wish I had the time, Id be a true 48
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• GucciAmen
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                    Maybe track and lower your calorie intake? That way you'll just shed bodyfat without bulking much, and over time your appetite will adapt.
                    I find that the "calories in/calories out" argument to be flawed, because not all calories are the same. I would recommend looking into - and altering - the exacts foods that are being consumed. Like perhaps swapping out refined carbs for natural/complex ones. Or laying off red meats and having more fish and poultry? There is much more to this of course and if you are interested (faust), I would be very happy to provide some more information if you would like?

Comment

• Anton
                      • Oct 2014

Barely worked out this month as I had a ton of stuff to do for my final semester and plenty of work + writing 2 albums. Getting back to the gym next week. Fortunately I was still able to squeeze in my Boxing workout..So I didn't lost too much size. Currently weighing 83kg with around 10%(185cm height) bf, hopefully I'll gain back the 3 kg that I've lost quickly...
                      I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
                      My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• porthidium
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PIERRELEGRAND View Post
                        Have you ever tried rock climbing or yoga? Brooklyn Boulders in either Gowanus or LIC is great for climbing. Both activities work the full body and tend to lean and lengthen the muscles rather than bulking them up. Out of high school I was 250 pounds with an (american) football scholarship. I'm now 185/190 pounds and can practice both of these without my muscle memory instantly bulking me back up. Granted I didn't lose that weight over night and my diet has evolved accordingly. I have had the same experience as you when doing pushups or any sort of weight training and am not at all looking to go back to that body shape.

On another note, has anyone tried Intermittent Fasting?
                        Hhehheh my favorite discussion -fitness

IF is great - especially for men. Two people I know use IF to rapidly cut in conjunction with strength training. It helped them get to visible abs the quickest.

For me, it was fun to test my willpower but the obsessive scheduling of when to eat would conflict with my lifting schedule (aka had to stop eating at 5pm, usually lifted in the evening, couldn't get proper protein intake postworkout= counterproductive)

I am a fan of fasted cardio though !! Highly recommend
                        @porthidium_

Comment

• porthidium
                          • Aug 2013

Would anyone in the NYC area wanna workout sometime ? Wondering if it's possible to have these two parts of the world cross over sometime hahha. Girl can dream

Any of the following?
                          - weightlifting
                          - running central park, prospect park, westside highway, long distance etc
                          - cycling class
                          - bikram yoga
                          @porthidium_

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                            • Sep 2015

I'm on a 1400 calorie/day restriction until further notice - had too much fun in the past month. Combined with my low FODMAP diet, this is going to be interesting. Current weight I think is ~214 and I'm 6'3 (194cm)?
                            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                              OK, sounds like you need to drop some body fat, whilst maintaining the size you have already. Do you have a diet/regime you're following?
                              Law, would be interested in your thoughts and suggestions... looking to continue dropping fat and adding just a little bit of muscle for definition.

For the last 6 months-ish this is pretty close to my daily regimen:

Insanity:Asylum (30 day workout schedule that I just continue to cycle through)- this is around 45 minutes of HIIT mixed with cardio and some weights days and resistance training each day.

Breakfast: homemade yogurt, granola, banana, 2 tbsp honey OR 1 cup cooked oatmeal w/cinnamon and 1 tbsp brown sugar, black coffee

Lunch: salad w/light balsamic drizzle and 1 chicken breast, double shot espresso and banana

Dinner: chicken or fish for protein, 1-2 different types of stir fried vegetables, a couple oranges as dessert

Snacks: small handful (~15) cashews or 2 cups popped popcorn

maybe 2 meals out a week and usually no starches (rice, noodles or bread)

I do consume a fair bit of wine... between the wife and myself average 3-4 bottles a week.

Going to go dry starting this weekend on through the 1st week of April due to some studying that needs to go down, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when I cut out those calories.

In those 6 months I went from almost 200lbs down to 170 now. I care less about dropping weight per se and more about focusing on definition and getting rid of that last bit of weight around the waist that seems to be tenacious!

Would love any and all recommendations. I'm a big fan of discipline and structure provided they are proven. Love a challenge!
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sounds good to me, Albert. I wish I could give up carbs. But I just love bread and pasta and potatoes too much :-) Though I could probably do it for a month (not the bread!)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎