• Mar 2007

Re: What are you reading?

Dude, where's my country - Michael Moore

Comment

• nairb49
      • Dec 2006

Mr. Palomar- Italo Calvino

Read the old translation of Étranger on the way home last weekend.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Hitler-a study in tyranny by Alan Bullock
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair, for my "Great Books" class. Just finished Fathers and Sons by Turgenev and Kafka's Metamorphosis. It's a rather strange class.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair, for my "Great Books" class. Just finished Fathers and Sons by Turgenev and Kafka's Metamorphosis. It's a rather strange class.
            [/quote]</p>

You mean "Maintenance?" I've heard of that book...</p>
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
              • Jan 2007

re-reading camus - 'le mythe de sisyphe'.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="kamsky"]re-reading camus - 'le mythe de sisyphe'.[/quote]</p>

Isn't that good?... in the beginning and the end, that is. the middle just makes me want to tear my hair out. Anyway, I quoted several times in my school essays.</p>
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Servo2000"]Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Repair, for my "Great Books" class. Just finished Fathers and Sons by Turgenev and Kafka's Metamorphosis. It's a rather strange class.
                  [/quote]</P>

You mean "Maintenance?" I've heard of that book... </P>[/quote]<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>My mistake, my mistake.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I thought you might've, haha</DIV>
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]</p>

You mean "Maintenance?" I've heard of that book... </p>[/quote]<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>My mistake, my mistake.</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I thought you might've, haha</div>

[/quote]</p>

Well, let me know what you think of it. I know it in and out by now, so I am naturally curious. I am a bit surprised (in a good way) that it's in your "Great Books" class along with Turgenev and Kafka. What else is on the syllabus?</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

In the evenings before I go to sleep I started readin A History of the Modern World. I just can't concentrate on my thesis all the time - need a break.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]</p>

You mean "Maintenance?" I've heard of that book... </p>[/quote]<div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>My mistake, my mistake.</div><div><br class="khtml-block-placeholder"></div><div>I thought you might've, haha</div>

[/quote]</p>

I have never read it....I think I'll stop at the library tonight and pick up some reading material. </p>

Well, let me know what you think of it. I know it in and out by now, so I am naturally curious. I am a bit surprised (in a good way) that it's in your "Great Books" class along with Turgenev and Kafka. What else is on the syllabus?</p>[/quote]
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Went to the bookstore today and got some books for a philisophu/sociology/semiology refresh (Barthes, Bourdieu, Debord) + bought the two latest volumes (french translation, already read the whole series)of Hana Yori Dango : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers</P>

In fact I don't really like any of the books I bought, I just want the person in charge of market analysis for the library chain to get a depression trying to explain my buying habits. [:P]</P>
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• shahrinbahar
                            • Feb 2007

NO logo by Naomi Klein<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>read it carefully guys, carefully..</DIV>

Comment

• nairb49
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

Went to the bookstore today and got some books for a philisophu/sociology/semiology refresh (Barthes, Bourdieu, Debord) + bought the two latest volumes (french translation, already read the whole series)of Hana Yori Dango : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Over_Flowers</p>

In fact I don't really like any of the books I bought, I just want the person in charge of market analysis for the library chain to get a depression trying to explain my buying habits. [:P]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

hahah, I always wonder what the booksellers think of my purchases. A couple days ago I came out with the Mr. Palomar by Calvino, The Lunatic at Large by Clouston and Absurdistan by Shteyngart.
                              </p>

oh, and 3 Choose Your Own Adventure books. ;)</p>

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

LOL at Fuuma's comments. Sometimes I give up on all these guys - it's like watching the paint dry.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎