Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaglewood
    • Feb 2007

2666 - Roberto Bolano. I got the novel in one volume. I have a feeling the the bite size 3 volume set might have been a better choice. It does not matter how much I like a writer a thousand odd pages is a lot for me.

But so far so good. I really liked Savage Detectives.

Comment

• thomas.buckler
      Banned
      • Jun 2007

Sylvia Plath poems and the computer music tutorial.

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Light reading before the semester starts.
        I still can't believe you call this light reading. Fun...but light?

Currently: A Wild Sheep Chase
        now that's light.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

By light I meant "not difficult." Is that what you mean as well?

Wild Sheep Chase is pretty light in a sense that it doesn't have much gravity, although it tries. I still haven't read anything by Murakami that topped Norwegian Wood (granted, I haven't read much).
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Wild Sheep Chase is pretty light in a sense that it doesn't have much gravity, although it tries. I still haven't read anything by Murakami that topped Norwegian Wood (granted, I haven't read much).
            That's what I meant. okay, so there is the mix up. I didn't understand how you could say that about Name of the Rose or any of Eco's writing for that matter.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• eaglewood
              • Feb 2007

Faust

I thought that Norwegian Wood was too sad.

Have you seen "Nobody Knows" a film by Kore-eda Hirokazu. It is a bit shocking but you might enjoy it if you liked Norwegian Wood.

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

a recent obsession with coast-to-coast radio has led to revisiting stephen wright's m31: a family romance, which still possesses the most potently psychotropic prose I know of. equal parts tihkal/pihkal redolence and unhinged schizophrenic terror. this reads precisely like the cognitive hole that bad trips always had me fearing being stuck in.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                  That's what I meant. okay, so there is the mix up. I didn't understand how you could say that about Name of the Rose or any of Eco's writing for that matter.
                  Right, I gotcha. No, the subject matter is not light at all. Very interesting actually - who controls access to knowledge, and how much courage it took for scientists to move forward.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• crz
                    • Apr 2008

a bit late.. but just found out about "A Magazine (curated by..)"
                    is there anywhere to get a copy in australia?? or is online the only place?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
                      a bit late.. but just found out about "A Magazine (curated by..)"
                      is there anywhere to get a copy in australia?? or is online the only place?
                      Write to the mag and ask them who stocks them in Aus. IIRC, there was a list on the website of their Dutch distributor, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Huxley
                        • Dec 2007

One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• mamaboy
                          • Mar 2008

joseph cornell i adore this man that never had sex
                          but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

I don't check up on this thread too often to perfectly honest but I've been reading Hollow Land for an architecture course I'm just finishing up (Architecture in the Age of Transnational Terrorism) and it's truly fascinating, infuriating and terrifying stuff. Not a dull moment yet.

(alongside a Lovecraft collection my father bought me, of course)
                            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                              I don't check up on this thread too often to perfectly honest but I've been reading Hollow Land for an architecture course I'm just finishing up (Architecture in the Age of Transnational Terrorism) and it's truly fascinating, infuriating and terrifying stuff. Not a dull moment yet.

(alongside a Lovecraft collection my father bought me, of course)
                              the greatest...my favorite stories are the colour out of space and whisperer in darkness...i once poured liquor on his monument in providence
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Yay for lovecraft

I'm reading The Battle for Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-39 by Antony James Beevor.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎