Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aska
    • Feb 2013

The thing is you have to anneal steel till glowing red for it to go black, so if you are not able to dismantle the piece thats not an option. I would go for gunblack then, its easy to get hold of if you live in the states otherwise online. If you want a more organic uneven surface apply it with a piece of cloth instead of dipping it which gives an even black surface. Apply some oil on it afterwards and you won't have a rust problem for a long time. Remember to wear gloves and work in a well ventilated room or outdoor.

Comment

• tobsucht
      • Feb 2011

Does someone have experience in natural leather used for furniture?

Been looking for a hardoy chair and there is a manufacturer that offers natural leather. I like the idea of creating a unique pattina over time but don't know if I should play it safe and go for a coloured version instead.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
        • Jul 2011

Tobsucht: Quickly darkens several shades from flesh to brown. Smells great. Does it help?
        blog

Comment

• tobsucht
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
          Tobsucht: Quickly darkens several shades from flesh to brown. Smells great. Does it help?
          Yes it does, thank you.

I will try the natural color as I can always oil the leather if I wont like the way it turns out.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I saw this bench in RO Miami and I cannot describe how epic it was and how much I want it!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

yea that thing is crazy, must be close to 10m
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

It would´ve been cool if he had made into a seesaw, to show the brand´s playful side
                Last edited by Resonkuken; 12-10-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

^^ you probably need a crane to rig it inside your home.

just want to mention that RH products are total crap, as some of you may already know. however, their customer service is outstanding. after a year of owning a leather sofa and mantle shelf, i called to complain the items were garbage. they are offering me a full refund with return shipping and packaging on the shelf. 50% store credit on the sofa with free pickup. this is used stuff and over a year old!

to replace the sofa is a 620 vitsoe chair because i can only afford one seat!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

RH furniture never attracted me. Good ideas, earthy, neutral, terrible execution - overdesigned. Plus the fact that every time I walk into that store I want to lit up every bourgeois ass that's in it ain't helping.

Their linens are good though and so are their stocking stuffers.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

yeah i don't think they do much designing, but take existing designs and over-embellish them with faux-antiquing and super-sizing. i do like their rugs though..

there's a room and board that's opening in the old co-op store this weekend. w18 st is starting to become furniture row, but the selection is still mediocre at best. miya shoji also opened there recently.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I recall they got sued for buying antiques and replicating them, wonder how that turned out...
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Furniture is the next fashion. It's the last frontier that has not been made sexy yet. I'm getting into that space more and more.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ryanhast
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Furniture is the next fashion. It's the last frontier that has not been made sexy yet. I'm getting into that space more and more.
                            Any interesting designers you recommend checking out?

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                              Any interesting designers you recommend checking out?
                              Rick Owens

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Do you think this is because of the new movement of people carefully curating their environment?
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎