• Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

molar chair by wendell castle, in black

Comment

• radio-aktivität
      • Jan 2011

As for the dining chairs, I can’t exactly ID them, but the rectangular frame looks very typical for dutch mid century designs,
      for example by Guis van der Sluis or Rob Parry.
      You could dig in that direction.

Otherwise, the simple design yould as well be a bespoke contemporary thing. At first, they reminded me heavily on Snafu's mid brown Guidi/Roselini chairs he lusted over around page 70.

Comment

• tobsucht
        • Feb 2011

^thanks for the info gents, hoped that there is a new edition available.

radio the ones you are talking about are vintage knolls. theyre displayed on lukas' HP.

Comment

• savant
          • Jul 2011

Not sure if this is right thread but....

Looking for new linens

Whats good ?

Will need to order from USA/EU/AU as my country dont have many choices for Supima cotton which is probably what im going for. Not baller enough for egyptian... so looking at similar alternatives like Supima, Percale

Looking for pillows too...go for silk ? I've seen bamboo cotton around..

Anyone have links to good reputable shops or brands ? Read that 'Pratesi' and 'Frette' is up there and i dont mind spending a bit more for good linen

TLDR; I dont need expensive linens or whatever the Ritz Carlton uses. I just need something nice and good quality for regular person. Budget i guess around $100-200. Can stretch to $300

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I like Matteo, a line out of California. They often show up on Gilt nicely discounted.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Best decor.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Tiranis
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I like Matteo, a line out of California. They often show up on Gilt nicely discounted.
                I second Matteo because I own a bunch of their bed linens and blankets but apparently the quality has been hit and miss the last year or so. They've had to scale up pretty fast so it's not too surprising.

With all that said, it's great value if you can catch their good stuff on Gilt.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Nice, Ahimsa :)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• savant
                    • Jul 2011

Great thanks guys, will check out Matteo

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I've been doing some home improvements this summer by myself.
                      I redid the kitchen floor, which was a total pain in the ass, but so worth it. Had to take off not one, but two layers of vinyl flooring and install self-stick tiles.

Then I painted the bathroom tiles white. I always thought that painting bathroom tiles is impossible, but turned out I was wrong!

Next steps

Painting the bathroom tile floor. I am leaning towards a very dark gray or near-black. Replacing the sink.

Painting the living room white in anticipation of my new custom-made book case by UHURU.

Painting the bedroom white.

I am finding an immense amount of satisfaction in working with my hands and seeing the result. I highly recommend this to others

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Then I painted the bathroom tiles white. I always thought that painting bathroom tiles is impossible, but turned out I was wrong!

Next steps

Painting the bathroom tile floor. I am leaning towards a very dark gray or near-black. Replacing the sink.
                        I didn't even know you could paint tile. I'm definitely going to have to look into this, my bathrooms are currently an eyesore because of the tiling.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

I am finding an immense amount of satisfaction in working with my hands and seeing the result. I highly recommend this to others
                          Dito. It´s a nice change from working on the computer all day.

My gal and I are in the process of throwing out everything we don´t need and while this may not be the typical home-improvement work, it is a big relief to see unneeded things go.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            I didn't even know you could paint tile. I'm definitely going to have to look into this, my bathrooms are currently an eyesore because of the tiling.
                            Easier than you think:

http://whiteknightpaints.com.au Thinking of renovating your bathroom? Watch professional painter Roy Evans show you how to update a tired looking bathroom ...

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            Dito. It´s a nice change from working on the computer all day.

My gal and I are in the process of throwing out everything we don´t need and while this may not be the typical home-improvement work, it is a big relief to see unneeded things go.
                            This is so liberating, isn't it? Like unburdening yourself emotionally, almost. I've done a pretty good job of it. There is still some stuff I don't use, but I have more closet space than most New Yorkers.
                            Still cannot bring myself to throw out an old tape deck, VCR, equalizer, and an HD-DVD player . I mean, I have Blade Runner on that, how could I?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

For me it´s magazines – I have very nice ones that I surely won´t throw away, but with some it´s hard to decide if it´s worth keeping them.
                              If you only keep the few very very good issues your collection ends up being incomplete – but if you don´t throw away anything it´ll take up a lot of space and let´s face it, you only want to impress your guests by owning cool magazines with weird names they never heard of.

And don´t get me started on cardboard boxes. After all I might actually get my ass up and sell that old quilted #menswear stuff someday ...
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                                • Jan 2011

Still cannot bring myself to throw out an old tape deck, VCR, equalizer, and an HD-DVD player . I mean, I have Blade Runner on that, how could I?!
                                What about an all-in-one?

Concerning the magazines, it’s such a dilemma. You can pick between two extremes: going crazy for the missing numbers in your alphabetically sorted bookshelf, or going crazy about the full bookshelf itself.
                                And then there are people who walk by theirs bookshelves and align all books exactly to the edge.
                                (are there dwarves who push them inwards by night, or is that the moving rocks phenomenon?)

Talking about bookshelves: we’re about to found a new studio and need furniture, so we were looking for public carpenter workshops. no way.
                                there seem to be public workshops (with people who can help in case of chopped fingers or so) for every craft, most often car tuning, but none for cabinet making :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎