X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by swami View Post
    It really depends on how much you want to spend...My fav is MAarten BAAs smoke chair
    Think you can order it through Moss Ny http://www.unicahome.com/p21786/mooo...rten-baas.html
    That baas chair is amazing, but that is too expensive for me at the moment. Is there a style name so I can search for something similar?
    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Secretside
      • Jul 2008

that baas chair is gooorgeous. who?, have you tried ebay? search for something along the lines of: 19th century armchair, victorian chair, victorian armchair, etc. just play around with the keywords, you're bound to find something.

edit: just did a quick search on google, the proper term for these chairs is actually "Bergère."

Last edited by Secretside; 10-18-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Thank you secretside.
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
          Word. Is that your own kitchen, Diego?
          Here's pretty awesome kitchen
          Yes, small but 2 people can cook without stepping on each other's toes. Lately I adapted the steamer (in the corner), I'm trying to eat more vegetables so I can wear my size 48 stuff ;p

That kitchen you posted is really nice A... 2 dishwashers and two microwaves? damn. I think thats the same miele i have, good stuff.I'll scan some poliform (varenna) and comprex from catalogs I have at the office later on.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Wow thats a real nice kitchen..Is it Valcucine? Love their stuff and they are very green...Are those stainless counters?
            I could never deal with tthe scratches that would develope after use...

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by swami View Post
              Are those stainless counters?
              I could never deal with tthe scratches that would develope after use...
              What I do is put rectangular pieces of frosted glass over the working areas (as seen on the pic), makes it look good and the stainless steel doesn't take any damage.

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

thats smart...And you can use the glass as trivets as well to place all your steaming Hot shit on?
                it really is a beautiful kitchen...All its missing is a built in Espresso ;-)

Comment

• mpcec
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                  I actually get the impression that a lot of her clothing was her mothers from the 80s when her mother was in Tokyo(some of the shoes as well) who apparently also owns a clothing line. I was just looking over her blog (did not realize there was one)and most purchases seem to have be joint purchases between her and her mother. From what I can see, I have zero problem with it, even if she is made of money. She's spending it better than any 16 year old I've ever known and has the tenacity to do so in Texas of all places. There are certainly elements that are strange but I'm not convinced it's so reproachable as you make it out to be.

Then again, maybe I secretly just want to meet a girl who has one of those CdG hand jackets.

Then again, maybe I secretly just want to meet her mother.
                  I get the impression that she has really questionable taste and that her best outfits happen by chance. Like she just inherits so many great pieces of clothing that some of her outfits are bound to be great. Nothing really wrong with this though, I think everyone's taste can be off at times but I think she gets too much credit/ attention.

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mpcec View Post
                    I get the impression that she has really questionable taste and that her best outfits happen by chance. Like she just inherits so many great pieces of clothing that some of her outfits are bound to be great. Nothing really wrong with this though, I think everyone's taste can be off at times but I think she gets too much credit/ attention.
                    I also agree with this. I'm pretty non-committal on the issue to say the least.
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                      Yes, small but 2 people can cook without stepping on each other's toes. Lately I adapted the steamer (in the corner), I'm trying to eat more vegetables so I can wear my size 48 stuff ;p

That kitchen you posted is really nice A... 2 dishwashers and two microwaves? damn. I think thats the same miele i have, good stuff.I'll scan some poliform (varenna) and comprex from catalogs I have at the office later on.
                      That sounds great. That's what I'm missing in mine, a steamer. I also would love a gas stove (only have glass electric stove), and a microwave where you can heat up an item to an exact desired temperature.

Yeah, that kitchen is pretty crazy. The owners both work in the food industry and for me it's pretty much an ideal kitchen! Look forward to seeing those scans.
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                        That sounds great. That's what I'm missing in mine, a steamer. I also would love a gas stove (only have glass electric stove), and a microwave where you can heat up an item to an exact desired temperature.

Yeah, that kitchen is pretty crazy. The owners both work in the food industry and for me it's pretty much an ideal kitchen! Look forward to seeing those scans.
                        Are these common in da Oz?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Are these common in da Oz?
                          I own them too Avanster, whats wrong with them Faust?

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Induction stoves are great in that they heat up fast are and safer.
                            I don't have a gas stove 'cause my house doesn't have a gas pipe (too troublesome/expensive to build) so I have to live cooking without the fiery flames and flashes of hot wok action!
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                              I own them too Avanster, whats wrong with them Faust?
                              Everyone I've seen (I guess el cheapo ones), you couldn't cook for shit.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                el cheapo ones

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢