• Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

i want your apartment!

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Recently I have been furnishing a new apt. (key to unlock my recent purchases thread post) and I talked myself (very easily-work stress impulse shopping) into a flat screen TV. It is a sony with the motion flow 120hz technology. It is not true cinema, but the next level lower, I think. I feel that the movement kind of freaks me a bit. It is so clear and uninterrupted that it almost feels unnatural... This is my first LCD flat screen though. Does anyone else feel this way or did you feel this way when changing over? Perhaps I am just so used to staring at bad picture for so long, that my brain does not know how to process such good visuals...I am sure I will get used to it eventually, it just really weirds me out.
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• BlackSilver
        • Nov 2008

that looks so good cyrilcyh! are you from hongkong? what do you pay in rent or mortgage?
        Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
          Recently I have been furnishing a new apt. (key to unlock my recent purchases thread post) and I talked myself (very easily-work stress impulse shopping) into a flat screen TV. It is a sony with the motion flow 120hz technology. It is not true cinema, but the next level lower, I think. I feel that the movement kind of freaks me a bit. It is so clear and uninterrupted that it almost feels unnatural... This is my first LCD flat screen though. Does anyone else feel this way or did you feel this way when changing over? Perhaps I am just so used to staring at bad picture for so long, that my brain does not know how to process such good visuals...I am sure I will get used to it eventually, it just really weirds me out.
          You are just used to bad picture, lol. Wait til you get a BluRay player (which you should, one can be gotten for $150 these days) - it will blow your mind.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Though in all honesty I think LCD,s as far as they have come still suffer from some seriuos motion lag and stutter.
            This is most often noticed during fast action scenes where you can see some (Judder) behind the image moving.
            The worst Judder though is during panning of scenes where the camera moves across the screen.
            I still very much prefer Plasma to LCD but thats a whole nother forum...
            Congrats on your new purchase though..

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

@kira: you are not alone in this perceptual weirdness. I don't own one of these super deluxe tvs, but I've clocked in a lot of hours with friends' and fwiw I drastically prefer having motion smoothing turned off. I find that the motion smoothing processing turns even the best hd/blu ray image into what looks like really wonky high res video. you should be able to turn this off in the video settings menu on your tv, where it will probably be called "film mode" or something similar.

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                You are just used to bad picture, lol. Wait til you get a BluRay player (which you should, one can be gotten for $150 these days) - it will blow your mind.
                almost got that as well, but thought one upgrade at a time. otherwise, it might make my brain stop processing completely.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
                  Though in all honesty I think LCD,s as far as they have come still suffer from some seriuos motion lag and stutter.
                  This is most often noticed during fast action scenes where you can see some (Judder) behind the image moving.
                  The worst Judder though is during panning of scenes where the camera moves across the screen.
                  I still very much prefer Plasma to LCD but thats a whole nother forum...
                  Congrats on your new purchase though..
                  Thanks. i did the plasma/lcd comparison. plasma is still better but not so too drastically different. at least not on the smaller, more affordable level. this one is pretty good. i barely see any judder- funny word.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

trust me, two days, and it won't make a difference. unless you intend to watch two tvs side by side.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

maybe belongs in recent purchases thread but just got a paul mccobb shelving system for cheap that is very minimal - metal and wood (not dated or looking especially mid century or anything like that). To think I could have used the same money to buy a few RO tees....

Comment

• sca
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

interlubke.com next level shit since 99

as far as list of contemp f. brands

Last edited by sca; 12-15-2008, 10:24 PM. Reason: add line

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I agree. I love their stuff, but it's so goddamn expensive.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                            • Oct 2007

vincenzo de cotiis

definitedly one of my favourite contemporary designs - vdc for cecotti - http://www.architonic.com/cat/8104926/1

he's an architect, and also the chief designer of the fashion label HAUTE

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by surver View Post
                              definitedly one of my favourite contemporary designs - vdc for cecotti - http://www.architonic.com/cat/8104926/1

he's an architect, and also the chief designer of the fashion label HAUTE
                              If you ever go to Milan, you must stay at his hotel, STRAF.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

actually i don't really like the straf... even though it's been praised so much... i think the industrial aesthetic is really dated and so done... i realize much of his furniture comes out of this project and am glad to see them evolve past the very 80's rawness...

nevertheless, keen to see his new projects.

not a great fan of haute though... seems very ordinary and does not fit very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎