X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

shipping a bed overseas sounds kind of wild, but maybe they have a stockist in au? either way, I'd assume the pricetag weighs as much as the bed.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

lmao, just found out by accident that the first bed is about 8k

-> -> ->
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

three-on-the-bund BUDS

this was a project we did a few years ago for shanghai's three-on-the-bund retail boutique; they're changing 'pods' @ approx 2m diameter x 4m height, completely hand-woven rattan that swivel to open/close. sadly, 3's retail arm closed down and we lost track of where all 6 of the original 'buds' (as we call them) disappeared to... would love to have one or two in our office... or home... sigh...

here's an article in metropolis for those interested:

Having recently completed high-profile retail interiors in China, SURV now has its sights set on big structural projects.

Comment

• Torchiere
          • May 2009

If I ever get a cat, it will be using this

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Loving this clock. Stupid white border on the pic though. Sorry!
            Last edited by theetruscan; 08-12-2009, 03:14 PM.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Torchiere
              • May 2009

^Nice clock, it has a kind of menacing, antique quality, and a little goth as well. Where is it from?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Torchiere View Post
                ^Nice clock, it has a kind of menacing, antique quality, and a little goth as well. Where is it from?
                Oops, forgot I lost the link through when I resized.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

whoa

Comment

• tim burton steampunk

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yea, I saw these like two years ago, showed them to pnod and he shut it down for me forever.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Yea, I saw these like two years ago, showed them to pnod and he shut it down for me forever.
                        I take the same stunningly simpleminded approach to art that I take to almost everything else. I have no idea what constitutes "good art" or design, so when I see things I like, I figure that's good enough for me. This month I added some of Freitas's sketches and a Stanley Hayter lithograph to my meager art collection. I've no idea if either of them are respectable, skilled, or figured to be competent, but they make me happy.

Comment

• alimanu
                          • May 2009

Just found this clock...it would be better if the lights were of different colors

The Good Afternoon clock by Japan's Mile Project

Those posted in the previous page are Amazing too

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                            I take the same stunningly simpleminded approach to art that I take to almost everything else. I have no idea what constitutes "good art" or design, so when I see things I like, I figure that's good enough for me. This month I added some of Freitas's sketches and a Stanley Hayter lithograph to my meager art collection. I've no idea if either of them are respectable, skilled, or figured to be competent, but they make me happy.
                            That's fine, but for me art exists in a sociocultural context. It's not isolated. I usually get my students interested in the importance of studying the history of ideas surrounding art by saying that you can paint a Mona Lisa today and no one will give a shit. If you want to put it in your living room, that's fine, but that's different.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Oh, definitely. I wasn't trying to imply anything to the contrary. In fact, much of the art I have wouldn't even have been considered art except for very recently. Much of it likely won't be interesting to anyone at all in a few years or decades. I'm in no way trying to downplay the factors that contribute to either the creation of, or appreciation of art.

I'm just saying that I don't have any artistic sophistication, and I'm cool with that. I buy art that makes me happy to look at and don't think about it further. It means I have things from friends and acquaintances who mostly make dolls as well as prints (and one painting) from well respected artists. Not for any sophisticated reason, but just because they're all things I like looking at.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I gotcha.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎