Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svarturskali
    • Aug 2009

has anyone been to the bddw showroom in new york? on crosby i believe.

i looove some of their items

have a look

Furniture, art and objects by Tyler Hays. Built in the USA exclusively by BDDW.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I have, once. Was interested in one of those leather wrapped mirrors. After found out the prices, laughed a little and left.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BrettChaotix
        • Nov 2007

I suppose this would be the appropriate place to ask this question, I didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm moving into a new apt in a historic hotel converted to apartments/condos. I've got a high floor, tons of natural light and high ceilings.... I'm also stuck with generic beige carpet throughout.

For 10 years now, I have always had hardwood floors. All my furniture is simple, sharp, modern and now I find myself struggling with how to make this work in a carpeted environment.

My new living room is huge, I think I'll have to invest in some dark, bold colored area rugs to create different areas for TV/lounging, dining, reading, etc...

if anyone has sites, images, designers - anything they could recommend to point me in the right direction for inspiration, it would be appreciated!

Comment

• Arcane
          • Jul 2008

Fuck furniture, spend all your money on a badass vacuum cleaner. I lived with carpets like this for 3 years and it's no joke. That carpet won't take prisoners...
          Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• BrettChaotix
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
            Fuck furniture, spend all your money on a badass vacuum cleaner. I lived with carpets like this for 3 years and it's no joke. That carpet won't take prisoners...
            lol! The building also hosts a couple of floors of business offices, 2 restaurants, a lounge and two ballrooms, they have in-house cleaning services that I plan on taking advantage of!
            Last edited by BrettChaotix; 08-26-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• seriously though. a bad ass vacuum cleaner is the height of everyday luxury. I have one that is as silent as a whisper and brushes up dust from the thickest of rugs with the turbo brush. also recommended to allergic people. so good! *drools*

Comment

• delirium
                • Sep 2008

are there bad ass automated vacuums? ... something i would be interested in. what vacuum models would you recommend?

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

...on badass vacuum cleaners...

DYSON (www.dyson.co.uk)

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by delirium View Post
                    are there bad ass automated vacuums? ... something i would be interested in. what vacuum models would you recommend?
                    I don't know about Euro-availability but in the states a brand called Roomba has been putting out these little robot vacuums for years. The first few generations were junk but I have to admit they have gotten better. Now they make versions for hardwood/tile as well.

Comment

• Avyer
                      • Dec 2007

The brand is iRobot, and after speaking with Dr. Rodney at the last AAAI conference, I would honestly wait till the next model comes out if that's what you honestly want...

In my opinion, the Dyson is the king of vacumes.
                      Remember, be here now.

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BrettChaotix View Post
                        I suppose this would be the appropriate place to ask this question, I didn't want to start a new thread.

if anyone has sites, images, designers - anything they could recommend to point me in the right direction for inspiration, it would be appreciated!

Do what any smart relatively wealthy(Seems like you qualify) person with good taste would do. Hire an Interior Designer and the best part is they can extend their 20% Industry discount to you.

Comment

• beautiful modern rendition of 50's teak furniture.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post

beautiful modern rendition of 50's teak furniture.
                            That looks like the type of chair that one finds frustrating.. The kind that, no matter how hard I try to stay stationary, my butt continues to slide out from the angle between the back and the seat, dropping my spine into an uncomfortable alignment, and to keep proper posture, I must grip with the soles of my feet, which is equally uncomfortable, so one ends up sitting with their mid-back around the joint of back and seat, the butt almost sliding right off the edge of the seat, and the legs projected outwards, bracing the whole awkward farce of a sit down. Handsome chair though.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• HAHA. Sorry, I just had this mental image of someone trying to sit on the chair and suddenly falling together in a pile on the floor, tied in a knot.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Isn't that what I just described? Human pretzel as a result of rejective ergonomics.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎