X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delirium
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
    Isn't that what I just described? Human pretzel as a result of rejective ergonomics.
    yeah that's what it looks like to me too.
    designfail

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SurZ
      haha can fall together
      Dude is on a killing spree.

Comment

• kbi
        • Feb 2009

checked out this rare original Cassina LC2 last weekend. Damn it's comfortable! :( Price tag made me cry.. but however my question is: Do things like this actually go through as an investment? Do you think people will be willing to pay more for an original corbusier piece in future (let's say 10 years)? I know that watches are often favoured as pieces of investment when it comes to design objects but furniture?.. sorry for the huge pics.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

as an investment, its hard to say if it would actually gain value, but I don't see why it would lose either if its kept in good condition.

and even if you would get a hundred or two less for it later on, buying a knock-off would probably cost hundreds and you might get half of it back when selling, not to even mention it not being up to par in quality.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

kbi, that is a beautiful Corbusier. Thinking of the chair from an investment standpoint, many classics have gone up in price but some often stay around the same. I would say one thing you can count on is that it won't decrease in value unless something totally unexpected comes a long in the market.

Comment

• een
              • Sep 2006

In general, with Modernist production pieces, early production runs maintain their value - and this is early Cassina. That said, especially with Corb, current production runs are no less well made, and there is no less authenticity per se.
              The grail here are the Corb/Perriand prototypes - y' know, like that worn out couch at Rue Molitor.

btw - there are still a bunch a beautiful Perriand pieces out there at reasonable prices.
              Last edited by een; 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

If you're a taller guy and you've got the room, I'd size up to the LC3. As Een stated; the resale value doesn't fluctuate much. Go for comfort. And if you're spending that kind of money on a chair, take the time to find the right one.

Comment

• delirium
                  • Sep 2008

looks very comfy and beautiful

what are the better budget alternatives though ? (not necessarily knock offs). i don't know anything about furniture, but i imagine there are different tiers of furniture design.

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

the LC2 was actually designed 'for' women; ie, the proportions were based on female proportions, hence the smaller, tighter and less slouchy dimensions. there's a less popular version with large soft cushions (i'm not sure it's the LC3 that we find now) that was supposed to be the 'male' version - wider, 'cushi-er'... more like the traditional club chair.

since the design patents ran out years ago, numerous brands/manufacturers have been producing LC furniture to the exact specifications... many of which are arguably as good in quality as the cassinas, whose claim to authenticity is based on its authoriaztion from the le corbusier foundation. most of the turn of the century modernist furniture all have the same situation, including eileen gray/marcel breuer/mies van de rohe/etc... i've seen even beter quality versions than the cassinas at a fraction of their prices... only difference is without the signature stamp.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

limited edition original colourway LC3 by cassina

Last edited by surver; 09-05-2009, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

^There you go. Much better size-wise. Unfortunately they're more rare than the LC2.

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Ingmar Bergman had some nice pieces

Comment

• mw000
                            • Jan 2009

I would definitely go for the authentic pieces if you can. The quality of construction and materials are totally different.

The Corbusier LC2 by Cassina is far more comfortable than a replica version.

In fact only the general shape is similar. The Cassina piece is much softer and "cushier" in terms of the padding while the replicas seem to be a lot boxier and with flatter padding.

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

hope it's okay to ask here but... opinion on classic english wooden desks? I really need a new desk. I have no idea why I bought an IKEA desk. it's horribly ugly and quality is shit. it's not stable in any way... well I do have 3 monitors on my desk but it felt unstable with only 1 before too so.

or any other recommendations for a nice sturdy desk that is not tooo expensive? I was hoping to get under 500euros if possible.. can buy used if they're easy to get~

^ something like that

Comment

• dolochov
                                • Aug 2009

Maybe you should search at your local antiquarian, many of them also sell antique furniture or know where you can get desks like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎